Author Topic: New Signing  (Read 7042 times)

gs50

• View Profile
Re: New Signing
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
Striking partnership complete

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »
https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/07/05/gold-omotayo-joins-the-linnets/

"For me personally this is a fresh start and a big challenge and, with the security of a 2 year deal, it is one I am looking forward too greatly." - will we ever learn?  Not 100% convinced he is a NL standard forward from comments elsewhere but we have still given him a two year deal - lets hope he repays that extra security in goals.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »
https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/07/05/gold-omotayo-joins-the-linnets/

"For me personally this is a fresh start and a big challenge and, with the security of a 2 year deal, it is one I am looking forward too greatly." - will we ever learn?  Not 100% convinced he is a NL standard forward from comments elsewhere but we have still given him a two year deal - lets hope he repays that extra security in goals.

A positive is, if we ever need it, we now have a ready made stand in Keeper!.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2021, 02:51:26 PM »
Are we starting to question the players the manager is bridging  in.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »
From the home page:

Lynn have announced the signing of Gold Omotayo (full name Gold Ire Omotayo Agbomoagan) a 27-year-old 6ft 4in striker.
Starting with FC Zurich as a goal-keeper he switched to an outfield player in his early teens. He played regional football with FC Schlieren and FC Wettswil-Bonstetten before coming to England and joining Isthmian League Premier Division side Whitehawk in July 2017.

A record of 11 goals in 16 games earned him a trial at Bury where he signed a one year deal. Scoring, what turned out to be his only goal for Bury, on his debut against Yeovil on the opening day of the 2018-19 season, a spell of seven games without a goal saw him join Maidstone on a 35 day loan (five appearances - 1 start) 1 goal.

Leaving Bury, having made 17 appearances (4 starts), he moved to Yeovil Town in August 2019 where he scored twice in 17 appearances and then to FC Halifax Town in October 2020 making four appearances without scoring.
He moved on to Gloucester City in February 2021 playing and scoring on his 73-minute debut, which turned out to be his only game with the Tigers because of the season closing.

He joined Wrexham in April 2021 where he scored three goals from eleven appearances - two of these being against Lynn. It is reported that he rejected an offer from Wrexham to return for pre-season.

KES80

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2021, 05:28:17 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
I suspect that isn't a huge surprise to B & G and Mallard !!!!

I can see exactly where Tony is coming from.

On the plus side tho, he was wanted by Wrexham.

We have to back IC's judgement I feel,.......he is 6ft 4 and obviously a handful and Lynn are building a squad where people are keen, hungry and looking to prove themselves.

I suspect we may have to offer a 2year deal to get some of these guys to sign for Lynn.........even tho  it might not be the prudent financial option at this time.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2021, 05:47:40 PM »
Not one of the Wrexham fans on a national forum I am on thought he would sign for them this season so I think 'wanted' might be stretching things and this was before today's news, with the general impression being he would go back to NLS or NLS.  I think the worry for me is that two of his three Wrexham goals came against us and he won't be playing against our defenders week in, week out next season!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2021, 06:01:39 PM »
Well, you’ve got your “Big Man” “up top” ! (those that want one).   Now going to have a look on YouTube, to see if he can play.  I just hope we’re not going to rely on what I call the “FA Cup - Muddy pitch” game, booting it up, and seeing what comes off the big man.  Of course, he could be good on the floor, and make use of what the nipsters create.  I’m always wary of that “brings others into play” cliche, because, as I like to see midfields flood forward in numbers, I feel that, if any aren’t already in play, they shouldn’t be on the pitch !! 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »
I suspect that isn't a huge surprise to B & G and Mallard !!!!

:dontknow:

:laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »

On the plus side tho, he was wanted by Wrexham.

No mention of Wrexham offerering him a contract though (as far as I can see).

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2021, 06:12:48 PM »
Not much of decision for him - invited for pre-season at Wrexham or a two year deal at Lynn.
Just a little concerned that he seemed to be warming the bench when loaned  to Maidstone and can't help thinking he will do the same here - a big man to bring when other options fail.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

KES80

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2021, 06:14:14 PM »
Sorry B & G , have I read too much into "rejected an offer from Wrexham to return for pre season"

KES80

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2021, 06:19:44 PM »
Well, you’ve got your “Big Man” “up top” ! (those that want one).   Now going to have a look on YouTube, to see if he can play.  I just hope we’re not going to rely on what I call the “FA Cup - Muddy pitch” game, booting it up, and seeing what comes off the big man.  Of course, he could be good on the floor, and make use of what the nipsters create.  I’m always wary of that “brings others into play” cliche, because, as I like to see midfields flood forward in numbers, I feel that, if any aren’t already in play, they shouldn’t be on the pitch !!

Most importantly, IC wanted one.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2021, 06:33:20 PM »
True.  If IC wanted him, he probably knows what he is getting.  Just looked on YT, and, if we can spend plenty of time in the opponents half, I think Gold could score for us.  Fingers crossed, of course.  Is Dayle Southwell still with us ?

KES80

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »
Hopefully Gold will thrive under Lynn's style and knowing that the club have indicated that they want him long term.
I believe Southwell is still at the club......... a number of players are still reviewing the change to full time, to see how they can work it around other things they do....I am not sure if he is one of them.

This is not just a big season coming up for Lynn....the same applies for a number of their players, who have points to prove....lets hope it spurs everyone on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal