Author Topic: Squad  (Read 12085 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 09:28:46 PM »
If Richards signs then that makes 7 midfielders.  I guess if we go with 3 at the back with the two wing backs then would be less of an issue with needing more than 7 midfield players to pick from.

I agree with You KES about needing another one up top.  Maybe another big lump to via with Gold for the 9 shirt ( position).

Still think we need a 2nd keeper.  Competition for places has to be important in all areas of the team.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 09:36:30 PM »
Bluboy,I think "no"to rumours re Southwell.......just fans views being posted on this thread and believe Richards is still to sign, tho some may know more than I.

I feel we need quite a bit more in the squad yet.

We seem to have very young c.b s,.   there is currently as Tony has pointed out, a big reliance on King being fit and our two new signings up front have a bit to prove. Whilst having great faith in IC, I feel we need one or two more to pull it all together.

I see Dover have a useful forward, loaned from AFC Wimbledon for the season..........Weymouth have just acquired a similarly young 6ft 4 centre back, formerly on Bournemouth's books.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 09:41:58 PM »
Think the squad will be quite ‘fluid’  With several new signings you can bet your bottom dollar that some will work well and sure some won’t.  It’s very much a transitional year.   IC built one team previously and did a bloody good job of it.  I wouldn’t bet against him doing it again.    However there mistakes along the way as I’m sure there will be this time.

KES80

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2021, 09:43:31 PM »
If Richards signs then that makes 7 midfielders.  I guess if we go with 3 at the back with the two wing backs then would be less of an issue with needing more than 7 midfield players to pick from.

I agree with You KES about needing another one up top.  Maybe another big lump to via with Gold for the 9 shirt ( position).

Still think we need a 2nd keeper.  Competition for places has to be important in all areas of the team.

I think there will be a few more ins and a few outs over the next 2/3 weeks Mall.........some tough decisions to be made in the midfield area.......can see Coleman, Richards, Sundire, King , Clunan vying for positions.........but is that strong enough going forward. I would like to see another powerful, creative body in there.

KES80

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
I agree Mall, the squad may be quite fluid....all about finding those elusive combos that really work.
For that reason, I wouldn't write Southwell off...v hard trying to fit into an established Gash- Marriott axis and when given limited opportunities he did quite well...may just hit it off with some of the newbies.

I also like Gyasi....could be his breakthrough year IMO

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2021, 07:25:06 AM »
Plenty of pics of the squad training on the EDP website this morning

KES80

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2021, 09:20:30 AM »
Plenty of pics of the squad training on the EDP website this morning

Oh I'm surprised, thought they were using Heacham :laughcry:

KES80

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2021, 09:21:57 AM »
Hopefully IC will work his magic Mall...this is a big challenge for him too

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2021, 09:47:41 AM »
Will you get your coat KES, or should I pass it to you ?  :dirtbike:

KES80

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2021, 12:25:32 PM »
No, it's defo Heacham Mall......I recognize some of it,. nice pics, already you can see the abundance of young fit, players with full time conditioning in the squad....think we will naturally lose a few of the old squad who sadly will realise they don't now have the requisite pace and power...... that's football for you !

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2021, 08:31:46 PM »
We need more in the match winning departments.  We look ok in the big slow lunks department, but must get some footballers in, some who can cross the half-way line as a unit, and keep the ball together, then create chances.  Can’t really judge until we know the players, particularly the newcomers.  Any speedsters, wingers, wing-backs?  Still think Southwell will do very well, IF he’s in a chance creating team, not merely a “crossing” team.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2021, 08:39:12 PM »
No KES, in football, 100 rards is long distance !  I’m talking 2 or 3 yards to leave a man for dead !  GREAT STUFF. AMERON KING - A DILLYMAN, through and through !!!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
Surely being quick over two or three yards Dilly is more down to a quick brain rather than quick legs ?   Lumps are just as intelligent as Nipsters ( in general)

KES80

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »
No KES, in football, 100 rards is long distance !  I’m talking 2 or 3 yards to leave a man for dead !  GREAT STUFF. AMERON KING - A DILLYMAN, through and through !!!

Usain Bolt was quicker than King over 2 yards Dilly............please change the record, you're only convincing yourself :laughcry:

Cameron King if fit season long will be a great asset, we all know that....he is no more a Dillyman than a Kesman . Where we differ is not over King, and the other speedy flair players, but as to how we give him and others the secure platform and indeed the ball to perform.

KES80

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2021, 09:57:19 PM »
Good work out tonight. We all know what a fit King brings to the party........ suspect the forwards need a run of games to really get going, but would have been nice if one of them had notched

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal