Author Topic: Squad  (Read 12087 times)

gs50

• View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2021, 10:19:07 PM »
Just seen that Richards has left the club.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2021, 08:43:10 AM »
Any idea where he has gone GS ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »
Talk of Dagenham which would seem strange going to another NL side if it was the new full time training schedule that was the reason for not resigning.  Richards was one of those I would have hoped would be back again but if he wasn't part of IC's plans then better to know now I suppose.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2021, 10:08:19 AM »
Did anyone see the MK workout ?  Interested in opinions about the numerous trialists.  Any obvious footballers, as opposed to just “effort” or “workrate” types ? 

KES80

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »
Still questions over whether Gyasi and Southwell will be in the squad, as neither were there re MK match. As Mall said on the feed......if you are full time why wouldn't you be there ? Even holidays, seems an unlikely reason... surely you would want a full pre season.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2021, 12:06:57 PM »
According to Lakey in his EDP report Gyasi played the first hour.    So if that is the case only Southwell and Brown were missing with Jones and McFadden still recovering

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2021, 12:33:53 PM »
Not on the list tweeted by the club, I wonder if he was Trialist A, B, C, D or E.
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
He  is mentioned on the Clubs match report as having started in the team that played the first hour.   

Maybe they just didn’t him recognise last night. 

Stamford Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2021, 04:13:09 PM »
Gyasi has the most distinct running style ever……he started on the left side of midfield in the 1st Half

KES80

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »
Jacob Mensah (hence the ref to high IQ in earlier post), the former Weymouth c.b. has just signed for league 1 Morecambe. I had hoped he might be coming.to Lynn

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51:50 PM »
Think we seem well covered with defenders.  With Richards and Southwell moving on think the need is further up the pitch. 

KES80

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2021, 07:50:11 PM »
Yes I agree, was a little surprised IC highlighted Jones' and McFadden's injuries as reasons to get more players in......Mensah left Weymouth a little while ago....hence my interest in him

KES80

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »
I am a little concerned that King will be targeted by the opposition for some rough stuff and don't feel we can play Clunan and King at the same time, for fear of the midfield being too lightweight.
I feel we need another swift ball player or a real tackler to help protect King...may be move Luis Fernandez into midfield ?

Anyone else see it the same way ? (I assume Dilly doesn't !)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2021, 08:29:31 PM »
KES I can imagine that Dilly and WLM will be concerned at IC’s comments about playing a different way with no wide players.

Will this mean we will be Nipsterless ?  And who is going to be there to collect those overhit crosses.  In fact who is going to put these overhit crosses in.  Maybe problem solved  :laughcry:

KES80

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »
Absolutely, nice compact set up......no chance of overhit crosses.....infact no crosses....so that will save WLM a lot of angst. Seven defenders, Sundire and King keeping Dilly at least partly happyin the middle, Junior and Gold upfront.

Seriously tho, will be interesting to see how we line up against Soufend.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal