Author Topic: Cup Final  (Read 3692 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Cup Final
« on: July 08, 2021, 08:45:47 AM »
Just wondering if there is enough time for the club to ready and open the bar for the final? :dontknow: :cheers:

Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Cup Final
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »
Saw Soham Town Rangers Football Club on Anglia news today.  They looked packed out for the Semi last night.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:29:08 AM »
Hmmm.....not sure that's great to hear. That's the trouble with some, can't do things in moderation.
Personally would rather see  a reasonably sized group watching, but still being sensible.......that way we may be able to have people attending at matches going forward. If everything opens up on the 19th and people drop their masks on the floor and go for it, my own view is that we will have 6-8 weeks of mad fun.......and then it will all stop again

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 05:34:28 PM »
Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that KES.  Though reading the press release It says no refunds on season ticket money but a live stream and programme will be offered if no fans are admitted.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 06:06:02 PM »
Hmmm.....not sure that's great to hear. That's the trouble with some, can't do things in moderation.
Personally would rather see  a reasonably sized group watching, but still being sensible.......that way we may be able to have people attending at matches going forward. If everything opens up on the 19th and people drop their masks on the floor and go for it, my own view is that we will have 6-8 weeks of mad fun.......and then it will all stop again

My fear as well Kes. We've seen how some supporters behave when at a game during the Pandemic, the lack of control measures in place, ineffective marshalling, and what appears to be a couldn't care less attitude from Clubs.

Now  with the easing of restriction, the problem could be that so many will act as if we are now in the clear when clearly we are not!

So many Scientists, advising the Government, believe the lifting of restrictions has come too soon and a spike in infections at the moment makes me think they could be correct.

Just as the Club has advised caution if supporters are thinking of buying season tickets, let's hope supporters proceed with caution when watching games on TV with their mates, and also when they return to the terraces.

:scarf:
Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that KES.  Though reading the press release It says no refunds on season ticket money but a live stream and programme will be offered if no fans are admitted.

Season ticket holders not being given refunds if no fans are allowed into the gtound will be a drop in the ocean as far as finances are concerned.

If  this happens, where will the finances come from that will allow Lynn to complete the season?
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

KES80

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »
National League stated at the AGM, that season won't go ahead without crowds, unless funding is in place, I believe :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 07:12:41 PM »
What ruling have they put in place for if the season starts with crowds then we get restrictions where fans cannot attend KES ?

KES80

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 07:41:30 PM »
Who knows Mall. The wording implies to me that assurances re funding will be required for the season to start, so you would think that would include financial support ifthings go belly up half way thro.....  . but given the NL's track record.......... let's hope this time someone is taking Minutes and making hard copy !

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 07:42:51 PM »
National League stated at the AGM, that season won't go ahead without crowds, unless funding is in place, I believe :dontknow:

What ruling have they put in place for if the season starts with crowds then we get restrictions where fans cannot attend KES ?

They need to have adequate funding in place,  both before and during the season, to avoid the headless chicken scenario they found themselves in last season.

Hopefully it won't be needed but its got to be prudent for them to arrange it just in case.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 07:46:50 PM »
Reading the Clubs press release again it would indicate that something is in place.  Otherwise why would they say they will be offering live streaming in place of being able to attend.  Surely they would be talking refunds if the season starts and then fans are ruled out. 

Or have I read that wrong ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 07:56:50 PM »
Reading the Clubs press release again it would indicate that something is in place.  Otherwise why would they say they will be offering live streaming in place of being able to attend.  Surely they would be talking refunds if the season starts and then fans are ruled out. 

Or have I read that wrong ?
That’s a good point. If they know funding is in place to cover costs if paying fans are not allowed in, why would they not want to give supporters refunds?

Funding plus keeping season ticket money.......would that not mean they are getting the income twice?   :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »
Think website says if not happy with streaming and free programme if another lock down don't get a season ticket.

KES80

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
Will all the players , management and officials be double jabbed before the season starts ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 08:52:35 PM »
GS, if there is yet another lockdown where will the money come from to pay the players to play the games for people to watch on streaming ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal