Author Topic: LEGENDS HALL OF FAME  (Read 7774 times)

tazzywazz

• View Profile
LEGENDS HALL OF FAME
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:06:09 AM »
The first three members inducted into the King's Lynn Town FC Legends Hall of Fame:

MICK WRIGHT
MALCOLM LINDSAY
JACK DEFTY

A pleasure to meet Mick Wright who again insisted on going up on his own to collect his award. For photo of the nights winners he again walked up and was as pleased as punch to be with all the young players, big beaming smile. True Legend.
Unfortunately Mal Lindsay could not attend.
Great to see 'Big Jack' being inducted, a modern legend, also a nice touch for Jack to present the award to Mick.
Great night was had by all.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: LEGENDS HALL OF FAME
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »
You couldn't pick a better three to be the first in the Hall of Fame.

Congratulations to them all.

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:35:12 PM »
Agreed, as far as players within living memory goes.
But there a number of players who are just "names" who deserve to be recorded but who people would never vote for as they have never seen them play.
The club should do something to commemorate the likes of Joe Dines and players who contributed to the history of King's Lynn FC before 1945.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 12:46:58 PM »
Absolutely delighted for the three true legends.......Mick, Malcolm and Jack So pleased the evening went well and I would have loved to have been there.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
There are some people that aren't even familiar names.
Ambrose Clifton (b. 1868) seems to have spent some ten years playing in goal for Lynn until breaking his kneecap in a Norfolk Senior Cup match in 1895 which ended his career. He was injured in the first half but continued playing, with the aid of a chair!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »
Excellent choice for the first 3 inductions. What will be the criteria going forward ? Will it be 3 or was Micky Wright a one off and each season it will now be just the 2 ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 03:10:04 PM »
No surprise that the two elected, Mick Wright given a deserved bye, are proving to be popular choices.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Am pleased Malc Lindsey was included from the start, he is up there with Mick Wright,also very happy for big Jack would be nice if he could be part of set up next season in some capacity.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 07:17:22 PM »
The fact that Jack has not been involved in some capacity with the club since his semi retirement is I believe an example of the club not harnessing all available resources - unless of course, he would not wish to be involved?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:35 AM »
Does anybody have any further stats on overall player appearances? I was wondering where 'modern era' players such as Jack and Pedro would rank overall?

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:15:19 AM »
Malcolm Lindsay 30%
Jack Defty 21%
Keith Rudd 14 %
Dick Everitt 7%
All the other votes where spread out.
We will be introducing another two next season, and will have a revote for nominees again.

Thanks to everyone who got involved was a fantastic response, I really enjoyed doing it, was a job to get good photos of Mick and Malcolm though !
I will add a Hall of Fame Page on the Website soon with the photos
Thanks again
Backie

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »
Does anybody have any further stats on overall player appearances? I was wondering where 'modern era' players such as Jack and Pedro would rank overall?
I don't have many stats, although Pedro's appearances 263 is ahead of Gary Steel (200)  and next season could get close to Andy Claxton's 318

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »
Pedro is the best keeper at this level in this area without question, but Steel is the best keeper i have seen at the walks in Lynn shirt,with Alex Bug being the worst by some margin, cost us are SL prem status in early seventies.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:40 PM »
I agree re Gary Steel - for me the best and most consistent keeper in my time of supporting the Linnets but I do believe that Pedro could well eventually match him.

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
Whilst I agree with the comments made about Street and Steel, those of us in my age group who have supported the Club much longer would also suggest that the best GK by far would be Percy Hooper.  A close second would be Ian(?) Crooks.

Unfortunately IMO, this is where those who were responsible for starting the Legends Hall of Fame have let these type of players down.   They did the right thing and put Mick Wright straight in but I think they should also have put at least another 4 or 5 in without a vote.   

Regards - Badger.  :oldman"