Author Topic: Covid, what happens when ?  (Read 7964 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Covid, what happens when ?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2021, 08:42:11 AM »
That’s a bit one sided B&G.   Others higher up the food chain have to take some responsibility.  Not that they will of course.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »
Excellent comments, imo, on the “Freedom Day”, and the comparison with about 1200 scientists worldwide being very critical of it.  The PM has convinced so many gullible people that it’s time to reclaim normality, and so many, over recent years, have been convinced that we can have our cake and eat it, wherever and whenever we want.  Very sad, and actually very stupid.  No one is “free” to endanger the lives of others, by taking no further precautions, and grabbing “freedom”, just because they want to .

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2021, 09:08:35 AM »
That’s a bit one sided B&G.   Others higher up the food chain have to take some responsibility.  Not that they will of course.

Everyone should have taken responsibility, not just when it suits them.

Going forward, that's not changed.

Looks like we have flu and Winter vomiting virus to content with as well this winter. Hardly the time for people to ignore their responsibilities or put themselves or others in danger.

If in any doubt, speak to any health care workers and their fears for the future.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2021, 09:09:46 AM »
What odds would you put on another lockdown come Autumn Dilly ?  As with all things Boris I doubt we even have half the full picture.   The truth will out. As they say
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »
What odds would you put on another lockdown come Autumn Dilly ?  As with all things Boris I doubt we even have half the full picture.   The truth will out. As they say

".........................Meanwhile, former health secretary Jeremy Hunt has warned that a long and drawn out third wave of infections could lead to an autumn lockdown.

Speaking on the Today programme on BBC 4 Mr Hunt said the government must be ready to “change directions” and bring back restrictions if Covid-19 infections reach 100,000 a day or more.

“The warning light on the NHS dashboard is not flashing amber, it’s flashing red,” he said. “Covid hospital patients are doubling every two weeks and, according to the Health Service Journal, that means we are heading for about 10,000 Covid hospital patients by the end of August which is about 20 times higher than last year.”

While he said it was unlikely for restrictions to be needed in August, as schools would be closed and many people would be spending more time outside, come September changes could be required to keep the virus under control.

Full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/covid-uk-news-%e2%80%93-live-travel-chaos-as-france-becomes-amber-plus-amid-warnings-of-lockdown-in-autumn/ar-AAMfKxe?ocid=UP97DHP&li=BBoPWjQ

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2021, 09:51:54 AM »
Mall - I believe there will be a real need for another lockdown, but I think the Govt will somehow come up with a reason not to invoke one, because they think more of their image than winning this battle.  I may be wrong, hope I am, but I suspect they believe some people are expendable.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »
..........I may be wrong, hope I am, but I suspect they believe some people are expendable.
If that's true, and continuing along that theme, surely the same could be said about people who have allowed lockdown and social distancing rules to be ignored?   :dontknow:

It's not just the Government that has responsibility to others.

KES80

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2021, 12:14:28 PM »
The Government have the main responsibility, since many act on their guidance. Much (tho not all, I grant you) of the flouting stems from the consistent " one rule for you minions, one rule for us superiors" that has been seen so many times during the pandemic and has severely undermined the public resolve........and here we go again...Javid has a positive test, Sunak and Johnson pinged by the App, but they don't self isolate......so why should anyone else behave responsibly and toe the line. It's getting to the point, where for the sake of the country and indeed the globe, Johnson and his entourage need to either step down or be removed.... completely out of their depth and no sense of "the greater good".

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2021, 12:41:00 PM »
Big Business still pulling the strings.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »
Johnson and his entourage need to either step down or be removed.... completely out of their depth and no sense of "the greater good".

In this country, the alternative to Johnson and his crew is truly terrifying!

KES80

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2021, 01:41:26 PM »
Glad you have come out with it  at last B & G and revealed yourself :laughcry: !

I personally think it's gone way past party politics now.......what is happening at this very moment in this country is truly terrifying.... whatever you think about other parties and the way they might handle finances etc.......if this goes on.much longer the British economy will be down the pan, vast swathes of the population will be ill long term and we'll encourage a new variant to form which can evade current vaccines and then  start to export that all around the world. Before that fully happens, most countries will just close their borders, which will bring the UK to a standstill, people fighting over food, riots etc etc.........this is a very very dangerous game the Buffoon is playing

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2021, 03:01:19 PM »
In the words of Frazer from " Dad's Army"
" we are doomed I say doomed".
It's a good job we have still got football to talk about to keep us all cheerful :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »

I personally think it's gone way past party politics now.......what is happening at this very moment in this country is truly terrifying.... whatever you think about other parties and the way they might handle finances etc.......if this goes on.much longer the British economy will be down the pan, vast swathes of the population will be ill long term and we'll encourage a new variant to form which can evade current vaccines and then  start to export that all around the world. Before that fully happens, most countries will just close their borders, which will bring the UK to a standstill, people fighting over food, riots etc etc.........this is a very very dangerous game the Buffoon is playing

So, are you trying to tell us that if Labour had won the last election, the country would now be in a far better position as it would be in the hands of Corbyn and Abbott?

😂😂😂

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »
Glad you have come out with it  at last B & G and revealed yourself :laughcry: !

That's just a nasty rumour.........no truth in it whatsoever!

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2021, 03:25:45 PM »
Big Business still pulling the strings.

More likely big and small business's.

Too early to ease the restrictions to such a degree as they have done, imho.

Monday could well be known as Freedumb day. It seems like its all down to us and how we behave now.

From what I have seen during lockdown, I don't hold out much hope.

I'll go with the opinion of the Scientists..........I think we'll be either locked down or under some other form of severe restrictions by September.

Winter Vomiting Virus, Flu, Covid19...........all forecast to be with us this coming winter. Looks like we are in for a tough one again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal