Author Topic: Covid, what happens when ?  (Read 7966 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Covid, what happens when ?
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2021, 04:01:08 PM »
Reading in today’s NLP it seems the likes of Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham and Notts Co are going full steam ahead in chasing a return to the EFL.  Seems no worries on their part if the season gets to a stage to run without fans.

Hopefully the League has something in place for this scenario and that big clubs don’t force the smaller fish to complete the season come what may.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »
Reading in today’s NLP it seems the likes of Stockport, Chesterfield, Wrexham and Notts Co are going full steam ahead in chasing a return to the EFL.  Seems no worries on their part if the season gets to a stage to run without fans.

Hopefully the League has something in place for this scenario and that big clubs don’t force the smaller fish to complete the season come what may.

I can't see them having anything in place, other than something that will favour the  bigger, richer clubs.

Can you?
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2021, 05:23:17 PM »
I thought Clubs stated that unless something was in place to protect them, going forward then they wouldn’t start the League ?

Must be cause for concern as Lynn supporters were told they wouldn’t get any monies refunded so if in doubt don’t buy a season ticket

KES80

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »

I personally think it's gone way past party politics now.......what is happening at this very moment in this country is truly terrifying.... whatever you think about other parties and the way they might handle finances etc.......if this goes on.much longer the British economy will be down the pan, vast swathes of the population will be ill long term and we'll encourage a new variant to form which can evade current vaccines and then  start to export that all around the world. Before that fully happens, most countries will just close their borders, which will bring the UK to a standstill, people fighting over food, riots etc etc.........this is a very very dangerous game the Buffoon is playing

So, are you trying to tell us that if Labour had won the last election, the country would now be in a far better position as it would be in the hands of Corbyn and Abbott?

😂😂😂

You keep making this political B&G..Tory v Labour.......why do people go into tribal mode as soon as someone states what is patently true...ie Boris is just not up to leading a country... there's not going to be an election, so he has to be removed....I am sure there will be discussions to this effect within his party

KES80

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2021, 06:18:00 PM »
I thought Clubs stated that unless something was in place to protect them, going forward then they wouldn’t start the League ?

Must be cause for concern as Lynn supporters were told they wouldn’t get any monies refunded so if in doubt don’t buy a season ticket

I was under the impression that this was emphasised at The NL AGM...ie crowds or funding for the league to start and continue.

Can't see many buying a season ticket unless they are.prepared to donate the monies

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2021, 06:37:47 PM »

You keep making this political B&G..Tory v Labour.......why do people go into tribal mode as soon as someone states what is patently true...ie Boris is just not up to leading a country... there's not going to be an election, so he has to be removed....I am sure there will be discussions to this effect within his party

Political? I think that accusation would be better laid at your door than mine.

If Boris is not up to leading the country, who is? Noted that you didn't answer my question about the alternative. Im not saying I'm a Boris fan, but who would you prefer, irrespective of the party they represent.

What other Country in the world would offer their people the choice between Corbyn and Johnson? 
:laughcry:  :laughcry:  :laughcry:

Leadership contests of parties happen on a regular basis, so I'm sure you will be proven correct on that one sooner or later.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2021, 06:45:27 PM »
My money is on Gareth Southgate  :laughcry:

Nigel Farage is more Tory than most Conservative

KES80

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2021, 07:20:17 PM »

Political? I think that accusation would be better laid at your door than mine.

If Boris is not up to leading the country, who is? Noted that you didn't answer my question about the alternative. Im not saying I'm a Boris fan, but who would you prefer, irrespective of the party they represent.

What other Country in the world would offer their people the choice between Corbyn and Johnson? 
:laughcry:  :laughcry:  :laughcry:

Leadership contests of parties happen on a regular basis, so I'm sure you will be proven correct on that one sooner or later.

:laughcry: :laughcry:

Go on do yourself a favour B&G and come off the fence fully..........Highest number of Covid cases in Western Europe, highest number of deaths,most time in lockdown, highest number of u turns, completely chaotic and shambolic messaging, no semblance of apology or recognition of mistakesetc etc....are you honestly telling me that you think it's acceptable and that there isn't anyone in UK politics capable of doing a better job ?

Within the Tories, I would have thought that one of the elder statesman should take temporary charge... someone who is respected around the globe, has some gravitas and understands the role well...maybe they could pull someone out of retirement/The Lords........
. it's a desperate situation.....I would like to see a Ken Clarke/John Major type character take the helm for a while. As a figurehead, I would also far rather have Drakeford, Sturgeon or Starmer in control, but would share your concerns over some of the current labour politicians supporting the latter.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2021, 07:55:01 PM »
As a figurehead, I would also far rather have Drakeford, Sturgeon or Starmer in control, but would share your concerns over some of the current labour politicians supporting the latter.

I thought you were being serious with your prior posts.

Now I realise you were just pulling my leg all the time!

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2021, 07:59:22 PM »
Johnson signed up for Brexit, as leader. Covid came along and he hadn’t a clue what to do.Then again I can’t see any Tory Minsters or indeed backbenchers pushing themselves forward to grab that hot seat. Normally when a Leader makes a Horlicks of something there people waiting in the wings to jump all over it.

I wonder with Covid why no one wants the job.

KES80

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2021, 08:13:33 PM »
As a figurehead, I would also far rather have Drakeford, Sturgeon or Starmer in control, but would share your concerns over some of the current labour politicians supporting the latter.

Oh dear, you prefer Boris as a person/figurehead to any of the other 3.

That to me is very concerning....I still think you must be in tribal mentality( and can't think past the fact that they are not Tory )to think like that, as they all to my way of thinking speak with more authority, consistency,honesty and in a much more measured way than Boris.

Still each to their own B&G :laughcry:..it is after all a supposed democracy

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2021, 08:18:43 PM »
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TIME THE PANDEMIC ENDS, TOMORROW ?…….  OK, that was tongue in cheek !  I am completely at a loss to understand how anyone can defend Johnson on ANY aspect of National policy.  He holds almost the world record for deaths, and is looking like he might still be lining up to get a Personal. Best, yet again.  He agreed, signed, cheered, boasted, hurried through Parliament, and won an election by saying it was “DONE”.  Then he welched on it, and blamed the EU in absolutely insulting fashion, criticising them for carrying it out “ properly”.  How anyone can feel anything less than shame for being represented by him, is completely beyond me.  Rant over…..  shame and anger , not…..

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2021, 09:01:24 PM »

Oh dear, you prefer Boris as a person/figurehead to any of the other 3.

That to me is very concerning....I still think you must be in tribal mentality( and can't think past the fact that they are not Tory )to think like that, as they all to my way of thinking speak with more authority, consistency,honesty and in a much more measured way than Boris.

Still each to their own B&G :laughcry:..it is after all a supposed democracy

So you are being serious. Wow!

You've completely lost me with your reference to tribal mentality......I have no idea what you are on about there. Or is it some sort of insult hoping to draw a reaction?

As you say, its a democracy, which means you have every right to believe, however incredulous it will appear to so many others, that you believe Starmer or Sturgeon (talking about democracy, just how many referendums does she want?) could do any better? 

:clap:

KES80

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2021, 09:48:50 PM »
No insult intended re tribal mentality. B & G....
At the end of the day we are all "friends" on here in my book, even if we do have differing, strong views from time to time. I can honestly say I have no strong sense of support for any of the political parties in the UK presently......so I look more towards an individual's abilities of being straight forward, honest, in control, able to handle pressure and criticism, consistent, able to command respect of fellow national leaders and politicians and the public and having genuine concern for quality of life in the country and the expertise and nous to pull it all off.
However, I do think it's true to say that some people don't readily see an individual politician's failings in full, because they have a long standing belief that the party the individual represents is the best option.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2021, 09:56:44 PM »
KES. Are you one who votes for your local candidate or the party/Party leader ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal