Author Topic: New YouTube Channel  (Read 7623 times)

KES80

New YouTube Channel
« on: July 27, 2021, 12:14:58 PM »
The club have a new YouTube channel.

First up is an interview with IC, available from tomorrow

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: New YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 01:37:05 PM »
What was wrong with the previous YouTube channel (King's Lynn Town TV) or is it just the new media team 'reinventing the wheel'?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »
I’m a little concerned we haven’t “nicked” any players that other NL clubs wanted.  Could be wrong on that, and hope I am.  Still need a couple of “major” players, if possible.  I appreciate how difficult it is, but we have to be more fluent and potent than last season, very unfortunate though it was.  Was anyone impressive against Chelmsford ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 01:56:45 PM »
I’m a little concerned we haven’t “nicked” any players that other NL clubs wanted.  Could be wrong on that, and hope I am.  Still need a couple of “major” players, if possible.  I appreciate how difficult it is, but we have to be more fluent and potent than last season, very unfortunate though it was.  Was anyone impressive against Chelmsford ?

Do you think we will see quite a few players coming on loan from Norwich this season?

The new tie up seems to have become very close all of a sudden.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 01:58:48 PM »
What was wrong with the previous YouTube channel (King's Lynn Town TV) or is it just the new media team 'reinventing the wheel'?

Looks that way. Presumably just a new broom sweeping clean and all that.......

:dontknow:

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 02:01:19 PM »
It's called ' getting rid of the Old Guard' ( even if you lose 2.3K followers).

KES80

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 02:04:46 PM »

Do you think we will see quite a few players coming on loan from Norwich this season?

The new tie up seems to have become very close all of a sudden.

Personally I hope not. I think it's fine and dandy to have a couple of loanees to come off the bench from time to time, but otherwise selection becomes inconsistent as does the pattern of play and the team spirit gets eroded. I would far rather we try to build a squad which can be together for a number of years.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 02:08:25 PM »
Can see plenty of positives in a tie up with Norwich U23’s.   David Wright being in charge.  Now there’s irony for you.

Just hope the tail doesn’t wag the dog.  Norwich are a big powerful set up now and many teams would be happy to have that tie up.  Does it come at a cost ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
What are your positives Mall ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 04:08:16 PM »
No long term contract commitments.  If a player is injured then no further outlay.   Players coached in a way that fits with IC’s ideas.  Locally based players.  Wages on a level that is acceptable.  A decent size pool of players to tap into.   Pre-season game bringing in much needed finance.

I’m sure there are others that others could add.

What do you see as the negatives ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 04:24:11 PM »
Can see plenty of positives in a tie up with Norwich U23’s.   David Wright being in charge.  Now there’s irony for you.

Just hope the tail doesn’t wag the dog.  Norwich are a big powerful set up now and many teams would be happy to have that tie up.  Does it come at a cost ?

Everything comes at a cost. No such thing as a free lunch.

If there's no money about, this could well be seen as a life line.

KES80

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
No long term contract commitments.  If a player is injured then no further outlay.   Players coached in a way that fits with IC’s ideas.  Locally based players.  Wages on a level that is acceptable.  A decent size pool of players to tap into.   Pre-season game bringing in much needed finance.

I’m sure there are others that others could add.

What do you see as the negatives ?

Overall I think it could be pretty positive.
Potential negatives are issues mentioned in earlier post on this thread, plus the danger of the club losing it's identity from the fan base's point of view...  ..can imagine quite afew not wanting to become a "Norwich suburb" overnight.

KES80

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »

Everything comes at a cost. No such thing as a free lunch.

If there's no money about, this could well be seen as a life line.

Yes I think that's a really important and valid point B&G. Improving theconnections between the two clubs could be hugely relevant going forward, if things get tight for any reason

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 11:23:27 AM »
Be interesting to hear the positivity from IC this arvo.   I have to admit it has felt a very flat summer thus far.   No real headline signings, squad that looks paper thin, friendlies where we seem to have gone away with 13 players.  The PR at Club seems very distant and uninspiring.   The Chairman seemingly disappearing from the position as the figure head at Club.  The Club Circa 750k in the red. 

Anyway hopefully IC will have addressed at lot of the concerns in this interview

KES80

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 12:08:04 PM »
Absolutely, agree with all of that..... everything feels really flat

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal