Author Topic: New Staff  (Read 9352 times)

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
Re: New Staff
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »
In the mid 2000s and before twitter feeds etc, Radio Norfolk could not make all away games so they organised through the Supporters Club that either Stephen Hooks or myself would be their contacts for away goals, half time and full time reports.
With modern technology in the 2020s it is a disgrace that again the fans cannot be kept up to date on matchday.
Going back to no cover available when this type of thing happens, (hope your dad is on the mend Jamie), what happens in the future if SC is hospitalised for instance. Who else knows EXACTLY what goes on behind the scenes?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2021, 09:17:38 PM »
Maybe it’s better that no one does Gordon.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2021, 09:48:00 PM »
Some of us know exactly what happens from an operational point of view on matchday as we did it for many years and I doubt that much can have changed over the intervening years.

Just get everything in place and create the right atmosphere to part people  enjoyably and painlessly from their money!

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2021, 09:53:55 PM »
Some of us know exactly what happens from an operational point of view on matchday as we did it for many years and I doubt that much can have changed over the intervening years.

Just get everything in place and create the right atmosphere to part people  enjoyably and painlessly from their money!
Only the regime Kenny R. Thats the only change.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »
In the mid 2000s and before twitter feeds etc, Radio Norfolk could not make all away games so they organised through the Supporters Club that either Stephen Hooks or myself would be their contacts for away goals, half time and full time reports.
With modern technology in the 2020s it is a disgrace that again the fans cannot be kept up to date on matchday.
Going back to no cover available when this type of thing happens, (hope your dad is on the mend Jamie), what happens in the future if SC is hospitalised for instance. Who else knows EXACTLY what goes on behind the scenes?

You might be on to something with the retro theme there Gordon. Perhaps SC plans to start selling Pink Uns from the Walks at 6PM on a Saturday so those who couldn't travel to away games can find out how we got on!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2021, 10:53:48 PM »

You might be on to something with the retro theme there Gordon. Perhaps SC plans to start selling Pink Uns from the Walks at 6PM on a Saturday so those who couldn't travel to away games can find out how we got on!

£25 quid a copy.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »
With a £1 additional donation thats not an opinion ?  So really isn’t a donation

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2021, 05:30:50 PM »
New one in.   Stadium Manager.   

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/08/02/

Will he be doing all the cooking as well, using that ‘Hob’ :laughcry:

CLUB CONFIRM NEW STADIUM MANAGER
Jamie Heaphey
August 2, 2021
4:46 pm
The football club are pleased to announce the appointment of Stuart Murphy as Stadium Manager.

Stuart’s role will see him oversee the day-to-day running of the stadium, including the cleanliness and general appearance, as well as opening the stadium for the many hires that are booked during the week.

Speaking on the appointment Stuart said “I am really looking forward to getting started in the role ahead of the new season in a couple of weeks time. I am a lifelong football supporter and to have the chance to to be working at The Walks for the club as they prepare for another season of National League football is very exciting.

I would also like to place on record my thanks to Mark Hearle who has helped me get the bearings of the hob and made sure the handover of the role has been as smooth as possible”

Stuart will be overseeing his first match day at the ground tomorrow evening when Peterborough United visit The Walks in the Linnets final home friendly of the summer (7.30pm kick off)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2021, 05:35:55 PM »
New one in.   Stadium Manager.   

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/08/02/

Hand over of the job (hob)?

I never knew Mark Hearle had the title of Stadium Manager as well as all the other ones he seemed to hold.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2021, 05:41:34 PM »

From what I have heard, that particular skill may come in very useful! 

Freudian slip?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2021, 06:00:33 PM »
Good Luke Stuart in your knew roll

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal