Author Topic: Match preview for Peterborough  (Read 4675 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Match preview for Peterborough
« on: August 03, 2021, 10:19:00 AM »
Thanks to Sam. 

MATCH PREVIEW: KING’S LYNN TOWN FC VS PETERBOROUGH UNITED
Sam Plummer
August 3, 2021
9:00 am

As the season draws near, King’s Lynn Town FC put their pre-season efforts to the test, welcoming the newly-promoted Championship side, Peterborough United to The Walks Stadium (August 3rd, 19:30).

In a home schedule that has previously welcomed MK Dons and Norwich City, the final home game of the pre-season schedule will be marked by a third fixture against Football League calibre for The Linnets. The pre-season campaign will later be concluded with away visits to Alfreton Town and Heachem FC, ahead of the season opener, against Southend United (August 21st, 15:00).

The summer transfer window has presented eight new signings to King’s Lynn, where all have been put through their paces as the club turned announced their full-time status. Ian Culverhouse’s side have had fixtures against teams from a wide range of divisions; from Premier League Norwich City, to Eastern Counties League Premier side Gorleston FC, allowing King’s Lynn Town FC’s newest acquisitions to have had the opportunity to shine in a wide variety of tests.

LINNETS’ NEW BOYS: WHO TO LOOK-OUT FOR?
Most noticeably, having signed from the Scottish Premiership side: St Mirren, Junior Morias has become one of the most eagerly anticipated stars for The Linnets. Formerly of National League side: Boreham Wood Town, Morias, 26, has been able to register goals-against Gorleston FC and Stratford FC, whilst only the woodwork denied the Jamaican from outside of the box, against Norwich City. 

Excitement has escalated around the town as fans have been given a glimpse of what they can expect from Morias’ striking partnership with fellow new signing, in the way of Gold Omotayo. Omotayo, 27, leaves fans dreaming of the perfect ‘big-small’ strike force. The pair will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Yorke and Cole or Defoe and Crouch. Lynn fans have left fans drooling, having shown a telepathic chemistry at times during this pre-season campaign, Omotayo and Morias’ partnership will be put to the sword with the visit of Championship quality, in Peterborough United. 

Beyond Junior Morias and Gold Omotayo, new goalkeeper, and former Posh ‘keeper Paul Jones will be searching for a solid performance in this fixture. The veteran Lynn shot-stopper played 35 times during the 2011-12 campaign with Peterborough United, before going on to play for the likes of Portsmouth FC and Crawley Town.

OUR OPPONENTS: PETERBOROUGH UNITED

Football Club Stadium, Peterborough,... © David Hallam-Jones cc-by-sa/2.0 :: Geograph Britain and Ireland

Peterborough United finished runners-up in League One last time around, ending the campaign with 87 points, to earn a first return to The Championship, since their relegation 2013.

Much of their success last season will be accredited to the goal threat of Johnson Clarke-Harris. The 27-year-old scored 33 times in League One for The Posh, and is reportedly ready for action in King’s Lynn, before the season opener on Saturday.

In the build-up to this clash in West Norfolk, the club confirmed the signature of Ghanaian attacking midfielder Kwame Poku, the 19-year-old joined from League Two side Colchester United, and could make his unofficial debut in this game. Prior to Poku, the club announced their return to England’s second division with the signings of former Derby striker: Jack Marriott, whilst also recruiting Lincoln City FC’s star man Jorge Grant, a player who has received high praise for his performances in League One last season, after securing 13 goals in his 39 games. Additionally, King’s Lynn-born Aaron Powell could feature for Posh after signing a new deal during the summer.

In a look at their pre-season run, The Posh have had a mixture of results. Their campaign began with an 8-0 victory against Bedford Town. Since then, Darren Ferguson’s side drew 2-2 with Oxford United, before overcoming the challenge of Swindon Town (1-0), to then suffer their first defeat of pre-Championship run, in a 2-0 loss to Portsmouth FC.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Match preview for Peterborough
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 10:39:07 AM »
Surely Sam means Heacham ? Johnson Clark-Harris ?  Is he the brother of Jonson Clark-Harris ?

Comeback Mark all is forgiven. :coffee:
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
Great enthusiasm in the piece Sam.....and never easy taking up a new role.... especially now articles will be read on a national basis from people aged 10 -90. In your shoes I would certainly have another set of eyes proof read my piece.

Btw (and this is meant to be helpful and supportive, not condescending)

"Put to the sword", doesn't really work in that context.... literally meaning slayed or killed.........."severely tested" or " given a thorough examination", might have worked better. :scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 12:00:46 PM »
Sam is I guess inexperienced and learning on the job.   I’m sure things will improve.  Perhaps he could do with a senior Plummer to help him along the way.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »
Sam is I guess inexperienced and learning on the job.   I’m sure things will improve.  Perhaps he could do with a senior Plummer to help him along the way.

They could arrange a meet up at the Burger van!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 12:11:45 PM »
Great enthusiasm in the piece Sam.....and never easy taking up a new role.... especially now articles will be read on a national basis from people aged 10 -90. In your shoes I would certainly have another set of eyes proof read my piece.

"Put to the sword", doesn't really work in that context.... literally meaning slayed or killed.........."severely tested" or " given a thorough examination", might have worked better. :scarf:

Agree with all that but the main thing is the enthusiasm which is so evident in his reports. So nice to see such a passion for the job. Keep it up.   :scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »
Give credit where credit is do.  There seems to be a massive up tick in the output coming from the Club in the last few days.   

The You tube channel should really help get info from the Club to the supporters. 

A few latest updates on what is happening with certain players would be a plus.  For example Alex Brown, what is happening there.  The young lad who has gone out on loan to St Neots.  Injury updates on a few players. How have the players settled at Heacham and how well they are being catered for.  How the Chairman is coping with being silenced etc

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 12:46:22 PM »
My plumber is excellent, I'm sure he will help if asked.

KES80

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 01:21:06 PM »

Agree with all that but the main thing is the enthusiasm which is so evident in his reports. So nice to see such a passion for the job. Keep it up.   :scarf:

Absolutely !  :scarf:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 03:38:42 PM »
If anyone knows the number for a good Takeway food outlet can they urgently send it to Stephen Cleeve.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 04:14:14 PM »
If anyone knows the number for a good Takeway food outlet can they urgently send it to Stephen Cleeve.

In the absence of any of the three Chefs, would the Micro technician from the training facility be capable of fulfilling the role (or should that be filling the roll)?

KES80

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 04:14:25 PM »
 ????? Tell us more Mall........City Spice in Norwich is pretty good and fairly reasonable price....just need to add in the "Just Eat" delivery fare from the city to The Walks !

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
That’s from Grease ain’t KES..... more more more

Apparently The Club is currently without a catering firm to handle the match day culinary delights.  So rumour has it anyway.   

Would you like fries with that ? :stir: :stir:

KES80

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
Sourcing it, may have been another of MH's roles, before he left ???

Unbelievable if it's true, having advertised the package..........hope it gets sorted.... otherwise another let down in the match day experience

KES80

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 05:28:12 PM »
I see SC is back on twitter........

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal