Author Topic: Match preview for Peterborough  (Read 4674 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Match preview for Peterborough
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 06:15:25 PM »
Will be good to have him back.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 09:45:55 PM »
Just back from watching Wroxham & Thetford.   Was the Lynn performance worthy of the 1-0 win ?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »
Well, I don't know if I am the only one,but I think that  we deserved the  win. On another  day we could have  had 2 or 3. Good performances  all over the  pitch. King excellent.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »
Yes, I thought we played very well. The keeper's distribution put us under pressure a couple of times but he also made two very good saves.

Who got the goal...we weren't sure from our spot in the stand?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2021, 10:08:15 PM »
Looking at the result in isolation another clean sheet is a massive boast.  Looks like IC has solved the gifting of goals issue from last season with the rebuilding job with full time training.

Who was Knowles who appeared in the 2nd half.  Is it the ex Boston striker ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 10:38:35 PM »
We played really well and at times we out played the Posh ,if they keep this up we are going to surprise one or two teams in this season,the out standing players IMO were Cameron king Junior M and Ross Burrows and they are the three I will be sponcering this season

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2021, 06:32:56 AM »
I wonder if last nights starting 11 will be what IC goes with on the opening day when the real stuff starts?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2021, 07:56:31 AM »
I would think that starting eleven will be the main team IMO ,junior Morias is going to be a handful and a great asset to team he never stops running and boy he’s fast, he’s going to be a real crowd pleaser that’s for sure

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2021, 07:58:54 AM »
Almost that side, there was no Clunan out there tonight who I take was injured. I think he does need those extra couple of players, Michael Gyasi's confidence was very low and made a lot of errors in the first half, far better in the second and made the goal - chin up Michael! It was a Peterborough 'Academy' side really but they had some talent, pressed King's Lynn high up the pitch and Lynn made some errors under pressure in the first half.

Early days for this new side, normally takes 10 games at least to understand how each other play so a lot of learning to do still as the season starts but encouraging signs

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »
I thought P’Boro were bringing their First team squad.   Hopefully the game was well supported by fans from both Lynn and P’Boro.  Anyone have any idea on numbers ?

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2021, 08:33:28 AM »
819 with about 150 from Peterborough. They were mainly academy players, a trialist and one or two first teamers coming back into the side after lay offs. It was still a good test for Lynn but they will be punished severely if they give the ball away so much when playing out from the back.

Lot of learning to be done but there were definitely encouraging signs

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2021, 09:22:12 AM »
I thought P’Boro were bringing their First team squad.   

Really?   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

KES80

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2021, 09:48:36 AM »
Can't afford any soft give aways playing out from the back this season.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2021, 10:43:12 AM »
Disappointed that we haven’t yet acquired the respect that causes league teams to send strong squads to the Walks for friendlies.  Other clubs at our level attract strong opponents for friendlies, and hopefully we’ll improve to that level.  Hearing good reports about Junior Morais and Michael Gyasi, and Cameron King proved his worth again - a very important element of the team, but if his fitness level is maintained, there is always the possibility of losing him to a league or top NL club.  He certainly has the ability.  Haven’t seen them yet, but we sound a bit nippier, which will help us a great deal in attack,AND defensively.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2021, 12:17:22 PM »
In fairness Dillmiester, MK and Norwich both showed respect by sending strong squads to the Walks.   P’Boro kick off their Championship season on Saturday so maybe wouldnt want any late injuries.

Fergie also said last Saturday’s defeat was a game to far for his players as they looked leggy.  So there lies the answer.

I feel we are well on track for the start of the season, but would like to see a couple of extra bodies through the door before we get cracking.   Also like to see us improve off the field.  Need some leadership for that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal