Author Topic: Southend Tickets.  (Read 15774 times)

Henry18

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Southend Tickets.
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2021, 10:33:45 AM »
Good Morning guys,

Southend fan here in peace, Iím just wondering if anyone could shed some light on best places to park nearby to the ground, Iím coming in my van so canít be anywhere with a height restriction, I saw somewhere that we can use the station car park if someone could confirm this.

Thanks in advance really looking forward to this away day

Parking will be a nightmare, van or car. I wouldn't even attempt to head directly to the ground by car. Station car park is very small, although it is right next to Morrisons.

In your case, with a height restricted van, you may want to park on the side of road on the Hardwick Estate (where the Kentucky and B and Q are), and walk to the ground. Its not far (even if you don't manage to find the shortcut).

In fact, Tesco's and Sainsbury's are not really that far from the ground either (10 minute walk at a guess).

Thank you very much for the advice itís much appreciated.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
The solution is pretty simple
1/Section A in the main stand away fans only
2/Away standing to be extended behind the goal (Tennyson end)
3/More match day stewards
4/A well informed police force
What's difficult here lol

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »
Bring back John Fincham as commercial manager........

You'd wish that on John?   :dontknow:

:laughcry:
I was only jesting. I think John is a legend of the local banking industry and his time as commercial manager at KLFC.
Unfortunately John was in Papworth hospital during the lockdown and very unwell at the time but if there is anyone who would stand up to SC (nobody else is) then John would of been the man.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2021, 09:05:20 PM »
Good Morning guys,

Southend fan here in peace, Iím just wondering if anyone could shed some light on best places to park nearby to the ground, Iím coming in my van so canít be anywhere with a height restriction, I saw somewhere that we can use the station car park if someone could confirm this.

Thanks in advance really looking forward to this away
Parking will be a nightmare, van or car. I wouldn't even attempt to head directly to the ground by car. Station car park is very small, although it is right next to Morrisons.

In your case, with a height restricted van, you may want to park on the side of road on the Hardwick Estate (where the Kentucky and B and Q are), and walk to the ground. Its not far (even if you don't manage to find the shortcut).

In fact, Tesco's and Sainsbury's are not really that far from the ground either (10 minute walk at a guess).
A better idea is the roadside parking on the Horsley Fields industrial estate PE30 5DD which is a 10 minute walk to the ground.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »
Unfortunately John was in Papworth hospital during the lockdown and very unwell at the time but if there is anyone who would stand up to SC (nobody else is) then John would of been the man.

That's a big problem Gordon.

Some so desperate to hang onto their links with the Club, however tenuous that may be,  they are prepared to close their eyes to all that's wrong.

If I ever get outta here I've thought of giving it all away,
to a registered charity, as all I need is a pint a day, if I ever get outta here.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2021, 09:13:18 PM »

Some so desperate to hang onto their links with the Club, however tenuous that may be,  they are prepared to close their eyes to all that's wrong.
Would you like to know who will be the next to jump ship?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2021, 09:16:05 PM »

Would you like to know who will be the next to jump ship?

More importantly, do these people know that there's something in the pipeline?  :dontknow:
to a registered charity, as all I need is a pint a day, if I ever get outta here.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2021, 09:21:41 PM »
Itís been one big boys club for a while. Did sort one or two out when they were asked to pay admission to get in.   Didnít go down well that one.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what itís all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2021, 09:24:27 PM »

A season of extreme caution is required imho, especially as the Pandemic still holds the world by the throat. We mustn't forget that there is still the possibility of a further lockdown, although thankfully that does appear to be receding at the moment.

If we are put in lock down again or we have to live under restrictions of some sort, I really can't see any more grants, or even cheap loans being offered. That means no money to pay existing costs, let alone additional ones, however small they are.

Apparently two games already called off due to squad members testing positive.

We're not out of the woods yet! Let's hope all Clubs are as stringent with their Covid testing!

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2021, 09:30:39 PM »

A season of extreme caution is required imho, especially as the Pandemic still holds the world by the throat. We mustn't forget that there is still the possibility of a further lockdown, although thankfully that does appear to be receding at the moment.

If we are put in lock down again or we have to live under restrictions of some sort, I really can't see any more grants, or even cheap loans being offered. That means no money to pay existing costs, let alone additional ones, however small they are.

We're not out of the woods yet! Let's hope all Clubs are as stringent with their Covid testing!
Club doctors should refuse to participate at any club if they are not happy with the vaccination programme. Then there would be even more serious issues on matchday!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2021, 09:41:43 PM »

Club doctors should refuse to participate at any club if they are not happy with the vaccination programme. Then there would be even more serious issues on matchday!

Hopefully the H and S Guy is still his own man and keeps an eye on things as he did before.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2021, 01:26:58 AM »
In my humble opinion the vacation should be made compulsory,donít the people who are not having the jabs are spreading this deadly virus

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2021, 07:23:18 AM »
In my humble opinion the vacation should be made compulsory,donít the people who are not having the jabs are spreading this deadly virus

Is SC  on a compulsory vacation then?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2021, 08:46:55 AM »

Compulsory vacations.

I think you'll get the vote on that one!

:laughcry:

KES80

« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2021, 09:54:18 AM »
Fiendish idea !  :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal