Author Topic: Southend Tickets.  (Read 13702 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Southend Tickets.
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2021, 02:19:51 PM »
Can’t understand the idea that we’ll be spending money on terracing we don’t need. That may have been true in the UCL, or the Southern League, but now, with size of clubs that are about  to come here, I think it’s essential.  If we compete in the league, the gates may swell enormously.  The terrace behind the Tennyson Road goal isn’t good enough.  It is far too flat, and needs several more steps, if that is the “ Away” end.  If we travel to a ground at NL level, we would expect more than a corner view on virtually flat ground.  The cash required should pour through the gates to pay for the 30% of the cost that we would have to find.  And the flat “barbecue” area between the Main Stand and the Hospital End corner flag could accommodate loads more paying customers.  It all depends on us competing in the league, though, I admit.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »
Spend nothing unless we are confident we can stay up. If we don't, there does not seem to be a lot of sense in putting the club in further debt when the Ground is just about adequate for NL North or South.

If the payments on current loan are not met, which I believe is on record as saying we can't afford to pay back (have to be careful here, as someone seems to like deleting posts/tweets when it suits) and the worst happens, then the ground is adequate for SPL.

A season of extreme caution is required imho, especially as the Pandemic still holds the world by the throat. We mustn't forget that there is still the possibility of a further lockdown, although thankfully that does appear to be receding at the moment.

If we are put in lock down again or we have to live under restrictions of some sort, I really can't see any more grants, or even cheap loans being offered. That means no money to pay existing costs, let alone additional ones, however small they are.

If people really want to spend money on the ground, now is probably the time to join the FOTL's and assist then in raising money for such projects. So hopefully, the matter of the on line application form will be addressed soon.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2021, 05:18:21 PM »
The gentleman who was going to fix the online payments has resigned so Iam back to square one on that one but someone will step forward and help get it sorted,so we need a new secretary that can help.Thanks for the plug B&G and you are so right the more fans that join the Surporters club the sooner we can move forward

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2021, 06:29:26 PM »
Is that a committee member who has left Malc ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2021, 06:48:19 PM »
The gentleman who was going to fix the online payments has resigned......

Is that Josh?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2021, 07:11:55 PM »
I fully agree with Blue and Gold’s post.  No majorr outlay until we really are on top of Covid.  I stand corrected on my suggestion, but was actually referring to a post Covid era.  At the moment the virus puts everything else on the back-burner.  Have to say, though, although I appreciate the efforts of FOTL volunteers, and wish them every success, I don’t believe the ground improvements will come from that source, as the money required is more than they could expect to raise.  Plenty of other areas in which their efforts will be hugely appreciated.  But the ground improvements need big sponsorship and grants from relevant companies.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »
I fully agree with Blue and Gold’s post.  No majorr outlay until we really are on top of Covid.  I stand corrected on my suggestion, but was actually referring to a post Covid era.  At the moment the virus puts everything else on the back-burner.  Have to say, though, although I appreciate the efforts of FOTL volunteers, and wish them every success, I don’t believe the ground improvements will come from that source, as the money required is more than they could expect to raise.  Plenty of other areas in which their efforts will be hugely appreciated.  But the ground improvements need big sponsorship and grants from relevant companies.

Wasn't the current Stand paid for by a previous supporters club?

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2021, 07:58:05 PM »
Yes Blue and Gold in the mid 50s the then Supporters Club did pay for the main stand to be built. Nearly 70 years on and it will need some very serious money to update and also add to around the ground.
Bring back John Fincham as commercial manager, ex bank manager and what he didn't know wasn't worth knowing.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2021, 07:59:57 PM »
Wasn’t Fincham involved at the Football Club in Attleborough ?  Maybe after he left Lynn
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2021, 08:26:23 PM »
Bring back John Fincham as commercial manager........

You'd wish that on John?   :dontknow:

:laughcry:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2021, 10:15:54 PM »
B&G  yes it was

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2021, 10:51:55 PM »

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2021, 08:12:41 AM »
As a Kings Lynn fan for over 30 years I feel the need to clarify what I think is most fans position on next Saturdays game.The club has totally mismanaged the situation regarding ticket sales ,fan segregation, social media updates and general advertising and arrangements etc etc.I have been following the Southend forums and we as a club are seen as a bit of a joke.Away fans are the life blood of football and create an amazing atmosphere and should be welcomed and encouraged but also segregated.The magnitude of this league and all of the upcoming games should have come as no surprise to anyone especially the people running the club but it appears to be a calamity. As we know our fans do turn out for big games and I can guarantee there will be crowd issues especially in the main stand if somebody doesn't take control of this quickly.

Henry18

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2021, 09:58:08 AM »
Good Morning guys,

Southend fan here in peace, I’m just wondering if anyone could shed some light on best places to park nearby to the ground, I’m coming in my van so can’t be anywhere with a height restriction, I saw somewhere that we can use the station car park if someone could confirm this.

Thanks in advance really looking forward to this away day

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2021, 10:26:53 AM »
Good Morning guys,

Southend fan here in peace, I’m just wondering if anyone could shed some light on best places to park nearby to the ground, I’m coming in my van so can’t be anywhere with a height restriction, I saw somewhere that we can use the station car park if someone could confirm this.

Thanks in advance really looking forward to this away day

Parking will be a nightmare, van or car. I wouldn't even attempt to head directly to the ground by car. Station car park is very small, although it is right next to Morrisons.

In your case, with a height restricted van, you may want to park on the side of road on the Hardwick Estate (where the Kentucky and B and Q are), and walk to the ground. Its not far (even if you don't manage to find the shortcut).

In fact, Tesco's and Sainsbury's are not really that far from the ground either (10 minute walk at a guess).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal