Author Topic: FOTL part 2.  (Read 2091 times)

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
Re: FOTL part 2.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 03:24:59 PM »
I know I have signed up 10 not many but itís a start
Was one of them by chance (not the)Adam Marriott. Also not knowing that the Heacham friendly was called of by the club nearly 24 hours ago.
You will need a closer contact with the club if you are to achieve your aims of the Supporters Club.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
Is that a complaint Gordon or just something to say yes you are right but in future Iíll make sure I know whatís going on and donít post it on here then I wonít give your good self  cause to complain about me

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Choices are the hinges of destiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2021, 09:38:32 PM »
Is that a complaint Gordon or just something to say yes you are right but in future Iíll make sure I know whatís going on and donít post it on here then I wonít give your good self  cause to complain about me

In fairness Malcolm, if people represent the Club in even a very minor capacity, supporters will expect information and comments  etc to be accurate and up to date. It all goes with the territory. Can I suggest you have a word with John on this matter as I'm sure he will be able to help and guide you with what people expect, as he has experience from a previous position he used to hold with another supporters group.
There wouldn't be a sky full of stars if we were all meant to wish on the same one.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
I know what fans will expect from me and given  time the new committee will deliver in a way that will please everyone but what a wonít accept criticism when we have only been in the job a few weeks ,and regarding John why do you think I asked him to join the committee he is and will be great asset

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2021, 10:20:55 PM »
I know what fans will expect from me and given  time the new committee will deliver in a way that will please everyone but what a wonít accept criticism when we have only been in the job a few weeks ,and regarding John why do you think I asked him to join the committee he is and will be great asset

Fair enough Malcolm, although I don't think the two points raised by Chilly were anything to do directly with the FOTL's and the short time of your involvement.

How long will it take to get sorted and running correctly?

Was it really left in that much of a mess by the previous committee?
There wouldn't be a sky full of stars if we were all meant to wish on the same one.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2021, 10:35:46 PM »
No itís not the that they left a mess they didnít itís I want to be more open and more transparent,we will make changes so letís show a little patience shall we

KES80

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 08:48:39 AM »
Most on here are looking to be supportive MAH.

Do please be aware though that time is of the essence....the season will soon be upon us.

I can only speak for myself on this one, but things do seem to be moving forward very slowly and my  initial enthusiasm to join and support this project is beginning to wane

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 09:21:11 AM »
In fairness to Malc I guess he is still finding his way into the job.  Though the previous regime didnít leave a mess as such, Malc is maybe looking to do things differently to what was previously the norm.

Once the supporters see some events happening and a clear way forward Iím sure they will be looking to join up.

All about getting this particular ship to sail in the right direction as an independent body and not be dictated to by other influences.  To that end Iím a sure Malc is his own man.

KES80

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 10:19:39 AM »
If there are so many "old wrangles"  and influences wouldn't it have been more efficient just to start afresh ? Start with a meeting with the club (probably would have been MH at the time, agree to get on line website application up by certain deadline), inform EDP and Lynn News of new supporters club and ask them to mention and ref the link at the end of match reports, call a meeting about now, two weeks before start of season with new membership (hopefully at least 200 by now) to discuss aims, objectives and potential events and who can contribute, pencil some in, arrange a second meeting for 4 weeks time to expand on ideas and firm some up, set in place weekly Zoom Meetings on a Friday, before a match for the membership to discuss matters and keep everyone in the loop etc etc.......

That's kinda the pace that things need to rattle along at to get things off the ground and have a burgeoning supporters club IMHO

Now it may well be that there's plenty going on behind the scenes and I do feel for MAH, as he's been brave enough to take this on at a difficult time for everyone and by all accounts it ain't easy......the word transparent seems to come up regularly......just wondering given the time that it's taking whether a dead horse is being flogged here and a new vehicle/supporters club might be easier all round ?

So this is most def not an attack directed at MAH, John or anyone else on board the Friends Ship at the moment....just questioning the vehicle ?

Perhaps someone more in the know and closer to the club will put me in my place.. :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2021, 10:39:33 AM »
New Supporters Club or Old, the good thing that I can see is that its now open to all, and not just job for the boys as it has been previously.

John will be fully aware of what I mean by that.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2021, 10:44:10 AM »
Think there was a certain amount of interest lost with old regime when they had to pay admission.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2021, 10:53:44 AM »
If there are so many "old wrangles"  and influences wouldn't it have been more efficient just to start afresh ?

Apparently the Club is aware of a group of supporters that are interested in starting a new Supporters Club.

I know no more than that.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2021, 11:06:14 AM »
B &G I would be interested in the group who wants to start a new club but the people concerned are already on board so thatís a damp       Regarding fans meetings thatís already being arranged ,these things donít happen over night .

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2021, 11:22:19 AM »
 KES80 most of what you have said is already being worked on but itís good to see people coming up with ideas, KES80 we need people like you on the Committee who can come up with new ideas so give it some thought. You can ring me on 07962532917 if you would like to come on board. There I canít be more transparent than that ,it would be nice if people on here would use their real identity then I would know the person I am talking to
On match days I am the person selling programs so come up and talk to me

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
At the A G M  the membership stood at 40 and I agree with KES80 the membership should be 200+. Anyone wanting to join either see Barry at his usual desk or me at the program stand.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal