Author Topic: Lowestoft relegated  (Read 13819 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Lowestoft relegated
« on: April 30, 2016, 05:01:24 PM »
Looks like Brackley's 1-0 win over Tamworth has kept them up as Lowestoft could only draw at home to Gloucester. Wonder if that is likely to keep us in the Southern Premier?

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft relegated
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Good few local experienced players over there.  Could we be in for a couple. How about the Jarvis brothers from Fakenham ?

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:28:41 AM »
could be robbo,we are now predicted to remain in southern league.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:55:26 PM »
Would be good if we are both in the same league - another local derby.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 09:26:03 AM »
I think it shows how big the gap is between our league and Conference (National League or whatever it's called this week) North. Lowestoft had 2-3 years battling at the top end of the Ryman before they finally got promoted. Corby also won this league last season and finished bottom by some distance.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 09:30:53 AM »
Not really a local derby 70 plus miles distance, would create some interest though.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
When you look at the list of ex pro's at Lowestoft you have to question why a team with that much quality ended up going down. Killip, Spilane, Fisk, Two Jarvis's Eagle, Read Crowe.  Maybe the problem's laid further up the chain. No Chapman no Fleming. First season without their hands on the rudder and they go down.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
Must be one heck of a wage bill? Their gates are not significantly higher than ours -  do they have a wealthy benefactor?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:52 PM »
Average gates 20% higher than ours. Who would have thought that a few short years back and that in a relegation season for them. Think they had a reduced budget and ran with a small squad.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »
I stand corerected but we are still talking about small finite numbers and I would have thought, just looking at the 'names' on their payroll, that even allowing for their 20% bigger crowds with the extra revenue that brings that this would not cover the difference in the budgets between us and them.....?

Perhaps sponsorship and funds received from the 'Conference' sponsors account for the difference?

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »
Maybe all their revenue streams goes back directly to club, i know their club room and bar is used on daily basis.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
budget cut at lowestoft this season. so operated with a small squad. were hit with a lot of injuries towards the end of season. only one sub on bench on sat for a must win game. obviously didn't have the backing of a well run reserve side to help out when needed.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:05 PM »
Be a better derby than Cambridge will ever produce. On a sadder note I see that coalville got promoted.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 09:25:16 AM »
Be a better derby than Cambridge will ever produce. On a sadder note I see that coalville got promoted.

Hopefully we'll be kept clear of the North so won't have to play them.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 01:40:23 PM »
A quote from the EDP regarding Lowestoft

A return to the Ryman League Premier awaits but sooner rather than later a discussion needs to be had about the club’s long term goal. Do they really want to return to the higher echelons of the non league pyramid and the financial commitment and travel this entails? Or has the club hit its ceiling and found its place in the non league hierarchy?

Could/should this apply to the Linnets?