Author Topic: Lowestoft relegated  (Read 13827 times)

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft relegated
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
Interesting Point Tazzy  there will come a point when say we get promotion out of this league to the next level  when the finances will certainly have a big part to play  the next level after that is the conference which is  then a massive  major financial commitment from someone the question is then also  would fans be prepared to £20 a ticket  to watch lynn  ??
until we get there we will never know  the answers to these questions but it certainly raises a good talking point

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
There has to somehow be a balance found between 'heart and head?' For me if a decision wasm ever taken akin to, 'that is it we attempt to go no further', much of the ambition, hunger and dare I say romance dies with it................Just as well that Leicester's 'management' did not settle on a 'we are a mid table or just above that', club?????????

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »
If you are playing in any League then surely the aim at the outset has to be attempting to win it.  Lowestoft had a dream and lived it for a while. They reached a level that they could not progress from.  Did they enjoy the ride from Jewson League to step 2 ? In the main I would suggest they did, but it came at a cost. Huston recently enjoyed the same dream and even went one higher. Now they are falling back looking to find their new level.

It's good to enjoy the high life cos there's plenty of down times waiting just around the corner.  Look at the great season Leicester have had. Dreams like that come along once in a lifetime if you are really lucky.

New Recruit, which was the best period for Lynn in your memory, and why ?

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »
There lies the problem, Lowestoft 'cut their cloth' with a smaller squad and no Reserve back up. Fortunately we are getting a set up which should produce players for the first team,squad players,reserves capable of stepping up when required. We already have a squad made up mainly of young local players who have competed well at level 3, it is reasonable to assume that in the main they will improve  as has happened with Pedro, Ryan and Jordan. After the announcement of the U16's we had an excellent turnout for U16 and U18 trials for next season, with Bully joining the list of coaches. Many of the U18's squad who have been so successful this season are eligible for the U18's next season, including two who appear regularly with the reserves. About as far away from the Lowestoft model, that failed, as you can get, I think exciting times are ahead of us.
Living the dream is right Mallard but it must be backed up by finances and player development, something Lowestoft failed to do.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »
I can remember lowestoft nearly going under for being£ 10 000 in the red.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
It would if all revenue was devoted to first team matters Tazzy. Mistake, but let's not forget the same MO was where we started back. A reserve team had to be funded by parents friends, people like yourself Tazzy not by the Club. It's is only next season it is all coming under one umbrella after the likes of yourself and Backie have shown them how it should be done.

To be fair to Lowestoft they did play a couple of seasons at step, something that so far we have never really looked likely to achieve. So let's be careful who we criticise.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »
I agree Mallard but we now have things in place to have enough players to cover injuries etc so we don't need to sign players on loan etc. Lowestoft ended up with not having the finances to have a large enough squad and paid the price, they were unlucky with injuries it's true.
We kept the Reserves going because we had a vested interest, but with the likes of Keith Rudd (on our committee) and Neil Fryatt advising and having good managers in Joff and Backie we are where we are and Setch would have had us back in the club before if he could. We now have players who are capable of playing the odd game for the first team when required. The U18 and now the U16's have some very exciting players, one who has been playing a few games for the Reserves, and been outstanding, is Kieran Shipp and he will still qualify for the U18's next season. I know Setch is keeping a very close eye on his progress, along with one or two others I am sure.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »
I agree Mallard but we now have things in place to have enough players to cover injuries etc so we don't need to sign players on loan etc.

I can't see anything wrong with having decent players on loan when the circumstances are right.

Friend and Sands!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 10:29:33 PM »
I agree B&G and hopefully Sands will sign for next season, but it is when you have no choice but to get players on loan and they very rarely work out. I think Setch had been following Sands for some time and fortunately got him at an opportune time.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
Having things not work out, is nothing to do with them being on loan. There's been players that have we have signed where it hasn't worked out as well.
Surely it not " working out", signed or loan, is down to the individual players attitude and ability,  and peoples opinion of both?
As an example, the players who were here for 2nd half of 2014/15 season, were not all loan players.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »
Having things not work out, is nothing to do with them being on loan. There's been players that have we have signed where it hasn't worked out as well.
Surely it not " working out", signed or loan, is down to the individual players attitude and ability,  and peoples opinion of both?
As an example, the players who were here for 2nd half of 2014/15 season, were not all loan players.

In fairness, the loan players we had at the back end of 2014/15 (Mettam, Stevenson and Marshall) were some of the shining lights in that poor spell.

Sands' loan of ten games was a perfect opportunity for Setch to have a good look at him, while also allowing him to get minutes. He certainly delivered. If we can sign him permanently, it also means he's already had time linking up with other members of the squad which hopefully means we could have a faster start than last season where we struggled to score goals.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »
And Friend Robbo ?  Spent most of the season on the bench was he really any better than having one of your own youngster sat on the bench seeing what this level was all about ?  Really don't get the point of having a loanee in and then sitting him on the bench.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
Mallard, I agree that it does seem pointless funding a loanee and then not playing him regularly........Friend did make a few decent contributions but I feel certain one of our home grown youngsters could have been gaining some useful experience in his place.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
I agree with your assessment of Friend. I managed to see games where he really was outstanding (away games at Barton, St. Neots and Biggleswade). The latter two were on possibly two of the best pitches in the league, but those are few and far between at this level.. The problem was he never managed to follow up those performances with another to really nail down a regular place in the starting 11.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 10:31:18 AM »
It never stopped Rob Hughes from getting a regular starting place. One week of directing traffic and his place was secured