Author Topic: Lowestoft relegated  (Read 13820 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Lowestoft relegated
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »
What has happened to Blackpool really saddens me as they were in many ways at one time a 'Leicester' of sorts - small club, smallish gates who consistently over performed and developed some great players...my idol was Sir Stanley Matthews!!

Yep - I can recall games aginst Yeovil..........Are not Fleetwood now financed by a very wealthy benefactor?........Maybe we should write a begging letter to Roger Taylor, super star drummer (Queen) who was born in King's Lynn?!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »
In fairness Rod Blackpool, Under Holloway had their day in the sun. ( always bloody cold when Ive been there).  Didn't the Owner ( Oyston) have a  bit to do with their demise ?  :farmer:

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 03:55:50 PM »
the Oyston's are the primary cause of their demise!

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
Fans are still protesting against them while the club has been in free fall.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2016, 11:39:37 PM »
Should also mention Forest Green only one game away from the football league. We played in the Midland Division with them for a number of seasons in the late 80s / 90s. I seem to remember they changed their name to Stroud for a few years before reverting back to Forest Green Rovers. They have to play Grimsby in the final after Grimsby edged past another old adversary of Lynn, Braintree Town in the semi finals.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
Amazingly  Forest Green reached the play-offs then sacked their Manager.  Now that is some reward for getting the Club to within a breath of the promised land.  The New Manager, Mark Cooper will be in the dug out for the Wembley Final.   I really hope after all that the Club gets what they deserve.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Amazingly  Forest Green reached the play-offs then sacked their Manager.  Now that is some reward for getting the Club to within a breath of the promised land.  The New Manager, Mark Cooper will be in the dug out for the Wembley Final.   I really hope after all that the Club gets what they deserve.

The positive and the negative aspects of being owned and controlled by a wealthy benefactor..........the club benefit in obvious ways but also dance to his tune and whims!

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
In fairness Rod Blackpool, Under Holloway had their day in the sun. ( always bloody cold when Ive been there).  Didn't the Owner ( Oyston) have a  bit to do with their demise ?  :farmer:

I agree that under Ian Holl0way they enjoyed a season of relative sucess but in the late '40's through the1950's they consistently 'over performed' reaching three and winning one FA cup, supplying four players to the England team of that period and finishing as runners up to Man U in 55/56....Great days at Bloomfield road and the pitch then was about as poor as it is now....which is likely worse than ours!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 12:43:26 PM »

The positive and the negative aspects of being owned and controlled by a wealthy benefactor..........the club benefit in obvious ways but also dance to his tune and whims!

Those wind Turbines have a lot to answer for.  What is the current going rate for Solar energy ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »
Just seen they have a Plum friendly at Home to Norwich City on July 12th.

Nothing like keeping it in the County !