Author Topic: Southend Tickets.  (Read 13703 times)

KES80

Re: Southend Tickets.
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2021, 10:22:54 AM »
Have to say that that is one conspiracy theory that I haven't heard before.

Is there a direct correlation then Malcolm, between people refusing to holiday and  those going down with Covid ? Kinda flies in the face of self isolation advice.

Think you will find that lax border control, pursuit of herd immunity, inadequate test and trace and poor lockdown timing has contributed more to deaths than people not taking holidays or refusing jabs.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2021, 10:27:23 AM »
In my humble opinion the vacation should be made compulsory,don’t the people who are not having the jabs are spreading this deadly virus

Compulsory vacations.

I think you'll get the vote on that one!

:laughcry:

Fiendish idea !  :laughcry:

Do you think there's any chance of getting an on line application form put on the website?

Guaranteed a big take up!

:scarf:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »
I know we are dragging our feet on this but when you ask people to implement it and they do nothing,il have to take the  flack but it is now in the hands of someone else and I’m sure he wil get the job done

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2021, 07:36:19 PM »
As a Kings Lynn fan for over 30 years I feel the need to clarify what I think is most fans position on next Saturdays game.The club has totally mismanaged the situation regarding ticket sales ,fan segregation, social media updates and general advertising and arrangements etc etc.I have been following the Southend forums and we as a club are seen as a bit of a joke.Away fans are the life blood of football and create an amazing atmosphere and should be welcomed and encouraged but also segregated.The magnitude of this league and all of the upcoming games should have come as no surprise to anyone especially the people running the club but it appears to be a calamity. As we know our fans do turn out for big games and I can guarantee there will be crowd issues especially in the main stand if somebody doesn't take control of this quickly.

I think there's an element of our (Southend's) support who have refused to accept that we are where we are. If anyone is the joke, we are. We are a club that averages gates of 7,000. If you plonked us back in League One now, we'd probably be in the top half of clubs on attendance. The fact our football club is in non-league is a massive indictment on how it has been run, and so anyone accusing you of being a joke is, in my opinion and many others, somewhat lacking in self reflection.

Personally I found your online ticketing site to be an absolute breeze. If you contrast it to the pain in the arse I had getting tickets to the west ham U23 friendly at Roots Hall (let's ignore the fact our ticketing line is still selling away tickets to Rotherham and Ipswich according to the automated message), it seems you're getting things right on that score. Perhaps in hindsight dangling the extra 300 tickets and then deleting the tweet rather than the club holding its hands up and saying it wasn't possible was a mistake. But mistakes are made and will I am sure be learnt from.

I understand you have progressed through the leagues massively over the last few years and you should be congratulated for finding yourselves at this level. We, or specifically our chairman, should be beaten with a big stick in front of a paying audience at the end of the pier for us finding ourselves at this level. But that is football, and don't we all love it.

So I wouldn't take any notice of the moans of a few fans who seem to think we're still in the big time. It might take a few months for them to get back down to earth.

I can't wait for the game and to watch proper football again with family and friends. I'll be up early, as many of us will, in town for the 10.35am arrival from King's Cross and in search of decent ale and some good conversation with some of your fans. I think it will be a fascinating insight into what we have got in store over the next nine months, and it's all part of the journey.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
That is a very well put together post and gives us all food for thought.

As regards ale the FENMAN pub is directly across the road from the station ( someone will correct me if it is closed) and the pubs near the ground are the LORD NAPIER, LIVE AND LET LIVE, and the LONDON PORTERHOUSE which are small, small, and smaller!

There is a Wetherspoons in the town centre.

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2021, 07:47:46 PM »
Cheers Kenny. What say you about the Crown and Mitre, on the riverside? That's where I'm looking at and potentially a stop at a micropub or two on the walk to The Walks.

Will be avoiding Spoons if I can.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2021, 08:16:41 PM »
Roger at the Crown and M always has a good selection of ales and the setting is superb especially if the tide is high ( could be a song).

Roger is one of those ' grumpy old men' so be prepared to give it back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal