Author Topic: Media  (Read 1426 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Media
« on: August 25, 2021, 01:11:18 PM »
Good news on the media front, the main page on the club's website now has a current squad photo replacing the picture of the squad from two years ago receiving the NLN trophy.

The club are also looking for various volunteers to help out on the media side https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/08/25/media-communications-volunteers-required/ which might be useful experience as the article suggest but I do worry that there isn't a 'guiding hand' there to oversee, advise and generally give some direction to the media output and the individuals producing it.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Re: Media
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 01:12:51 PM »
SC?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 03:43:46 PM »

The club are also looking for various volunteers to help out on the media side..................................................but I do worry that there isn't a 'guiding hand' there to oversee, advise and generally give some direction to the media output and the individuals producing it.

SC?

Would they need to be Micro Managed?
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 04:17:28 PM »
They might not have a choice
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 04:20:16 PM »
Can only speak for myself but since I’ve been involved with the media team the chairman has had little to no involvement. Basically left alone to get on with it unless there has been an issue (which is understandable). He’s generally been happy with what’s been done and as said more or less given a free reign.

We know not everything isn’t perfect, hence asking for more help. I’m sure we’ll get there.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 04:40:10 PM »
Jamie with everything at the club on the playing side seemingly being full time does it not merit someone handling the media side on the MO ?   

I seem to recall a very detailed position being available  ( media duties included) and advertised at The Club maybe a month or so ago.   Where are we at with that ?

It’s great you are not being micro managed, yet.  Maybe give it a bit longer.

Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 04:43:48 PM »
Jamie with everything at the club on the playing side seemingly being full time does it not merit someone handling the media side on the MO ?   

I seem to recall a very detailed position being available  ( media duties included) and advertised at The Club maybe a month or so ago.   Where are we at with that ?

Good questions which I would suggest are best for the chairman to answer.

I’ve been involved for over 3 years now, so if any micro-managing was going to happen it would have by now.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 04:46:21 PM »
That’s fair enough Jamie. Any idea when his media ban ends ?  Is there no one else at the club now who can deal with such issues ?  I kind of thought with MH moving on you had been moved up the pecking order.

Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 04:49:06 PM »
That’s fair enough Jamie. Any idea when his media ban ends ?  Is there no one else at the club now who can deal with such issues ?  I kind of thought with MH moving on you had been moved up the pecking order.

All I know is the chairman will have a column in Monday’s programme so I guess that answers that question.

I was temporarily moved up the pecking order (a shame it was leaked on here despite my request but there you go) however since then it’s not possible to fully commit to the season so just doing what I can (mainly website stuff)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 04:55:51 PM »
Credit to you Jamie for taking it on and helping out the Club in their hour of need.

Maybe you are the ‘Special one’ who doesn’t need any type of ‘help’ unlike many others.

Keep up the hard work. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal