Author Topic: 2000 sold  (Read 5055 times)

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 sold
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 09:58:31 PM »
I've been pointing to this for over a week

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 10:22:49 PM »
I've asked the club about segregation but have had no reply.Lets just say I do know my stuff where football fans are concerned and this game is going to get tasty if correct action isn't taken.

Who at the Club have you been asking?

Jamie Farr is the H&S guy, so I would guess matters such as this would be within his jurisdiction.

Try this e-mail address:   jamesfarr1982@hotmail.com
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2021, 08:15:17 AM »
 :oldman" :farmer:  I have been supporting Kings Lynn FC, since the early Seventies and I must say I am firmly of the opinion that the pricing structure this season is too expensive, I have not been able to decide whether to attend matches this season. At this moment I am swaying towards not attending, I really have supported Mr Cleeve in a lot he has done for KLTFC, however I feel that I can not justify the money it would cost me in travel, entrance, program and possibly food and drinks. I am really undecided, only a few days before the season starts, but PRICING NEEDS LOOKING AT.
    GOOD LUCK TO IAN, PAUL AND THE BOYS ON THE PARK FOR THE SEASON.
                                                     :oldman" :farmer:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2021, 09:45:44 AM »
Blue and Gold - I agree entirely - I was being sarcastic.  The thing you hear about it “having been a long slog, and I’ve done my bit, I’m fed up with it now, and now it’s time we got back to normal”, etc, etc.. is the most idiotic viewpoint of all !  The virus decides when to open the doors, not humans who think that saying it’s all back to normal is the same thing as it IS back to normal.  And that stupid sentiment is only trumped by the same twonks saying “It’s like Flu”….  Ye Godz, be careful out there - keep your distance, even at a football match !!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2021, 09:47:09 AM »
:oldman" :farmer:  I have been supporting Kings Lynn FC, since the early Seventies and I must say I am firmly of the opinion that the pricing structure this season is too expensive, I have not been able to decide whether to attend matches this season. At this moment I am swaying towards not attending, I really have supported Mr Cleeve in a lot he has done for KLTFC, however I feel that I can not justify the money it would cost me in travel, entrance, program and possibly food and drinks. I am really undecided, only a few days before the season starts, but PRICING NEEDS LOOKING AT.
    GOOD LUCK TO IAN, PAUL AND THE BOYS ON THE PARK FOR THE SEASON.
                                                     :oldman" :farmer:

Well, prices are what they are now. I can't see them coming down if we remain at this level, even if the size of the gates prove them to be too expensive. My guess is that its been calculated that any drop off in home supporters numbers will be more than made up for by visiting supporters.

Not very "part of the community" thinking, but when charging top dollar for everything is the only weapon in your armory, then I guess a lot of us expected this.

Yes, good luck to Ian and his squad. I think it will be a real test for him this season, with what he has available to him.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2021, 09:50:46 AM »
Blue and Gold - I agree entirely - I was being sarcastic.  The thing you hear about it “having been a long slog, and I’ve done my bit, I’m fed up with it now, and now it’s time we got back to normal”, etc, etc.. is the most idiotic viewpoint of all !  The virus decides when to open the doors, not humans who think that saying it’s all back to normal is the same thing as it IS back to normal.  And that stupid sentiment is only trumped by the same twonks saying “It’s like Flu”….  Ye Godz, be careful out there - keep your distance, even at a football match !!!

:clap:

Yes, I guessed you were.

I remember someone at the start of the Pandemic saying that people do not understand how difficult it is to catch the virus. I don't think he was being sarcastic though.   :banghead;

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2021, 09:51:13 AM »
Dazzle - Have something to eat and drink at home.  Saves money AND queuing ….

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »

Well, prices are what they are now. I can't see them coming down if we remain at this level, even if the size of the gates prove them to be too expensive. My guess is that its been calculated that any drop off in home supporters numbers will be more than made up for by visiting supporters.

Not very "part of the community" thinking, but when charging top dollar for everything is the only weapon in your armory, then I guess a lot of us expected this.

Yes, good luck to Ian and his squad. I think it will be a real test for him this season, with what he has available to him.

I think you’ve probably hit the nail on the head there B&G in regards to prices and attendances.
When, sorry, IF, Lynn struggle this season then I can envisage some matches where the away support will outweigh the home support or at least be about equal. The “big clubs” will bring the big crowds regardless of the admission cost and Cleese knows that too.
Like you say, that’s not very fair on the longtime Lynn supporters. He IS a businessman and that’s how they work (understandably).
Good luck to the team for the season, going to be a very tough one and a struggle but if relegation is avoided, it will be a successful one.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2021, 10:44:49 AM »

He IS a businessman and that’s how they work (understandably).

I think it's fair to say that not all businessmen would agree with you on that one, especially if they are not a National Company and will ultimately depend on local support for the business.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »
Businessman is an interesting description

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
There are businessmen....and businessmen?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 03:44:30 PM »

:oldman" :farmer: When attending matches,food and drinks are all part of the day for me and my family, I’m not saying I can’t afford the prices , I’m just saying  I don’t feel I can warrant paying it.  :oldman" :farmer:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »

:oldman" :farmer: When attending matches,food and drinks are all part of the day for me and my family, I’m not saying I can’t afford the prices , I’m just saying  I don’t feel I can warrant paying it.  :oldman" :farmer:

Very much so, those that can't and those that won't.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2021, 06:04:22 PM »

:oldman" :farmer: You totally get my point Blue and Gold, WON’T  is where I’m at presently. :farmer: :oldman"

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2021, 06:25:10 PM »
Get it Daz.  Some people don’t want to afford it and some people can’t afford it.   Sometimes principles are there to be stuck to.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal