Author Topic: Southend (21st August)  (Read 12067 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Southend (21st August)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 05:29:30 PM »
No shame in going down to a narrow opening day defeat against a Club the size of Sarfend.  Imagine being a Barnet fans this evening.

As for the gate.   I don’t see it as a V to SC.  More the fact the fans of a certain age might feel unsure about being in a stadium with 2,500 others.  Plus in the last 12 months people will be in the habit of doing other things of a Saturday afternoon.

It might take a while to build the home support back up.  Think it’s crucial to get the Clubs PR machine crank up to deliver. 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2021, 05:36:14 PM »
Don’t get the vitriol against SC.  He’s the major part of why we’re now at this level !  Keep the faith.  But I do think we badly need creative midfielders and genuine goal scorers.  Still believe, and will accept the flack for it, that in a team that can get men up in numbers, therefore creating openings, Marriott or Southwell would retrieve their eye for goal….. ??!!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2021, 05:38:50 PM »
 No Vitriol here  You're entitled to your spin Mallard.  Falls short of the much lauded 4000 + gate. Has the bubble
finally burst.  Please discuss. :cheers:

KES80

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2021, 05:43:05 PM »
Just as well we signed Linton with Morias now off-pitch for the next 3 games.

Anyone heard anything re King.

Personally thought the midfield looked on paper a little lightweight.

If Lynn are running with a squad of 19 incl Fleming and Gascoigne and with Jones still recovering, then the remaining 16 need to be fit and available whenever possible, because that is the 11 and the 5 subs with no room for manoeuvre.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2021, 05:49:52 PM »
Poor attendance nothing to do with covid  I'm afraid it's to do with apathy towards the pricing and the poor marketing of the game.A creative midfielder is a must Clunan was busy but needs help and  the sending off was stupid from our lad.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2021, 05:51:21 PM »
No Vitriol here  You're entitled to your spin Mallard.  Falls short of the much lauded 4000 + gate. Has the bubble
finally burst.  Please discuss. :cheers:

I really did think we would be 4000 there today. Really surprised we missed that figure by a country mile.   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2021, 05:55:04 PM »
Don’t forget to factor in Marcus we are smack bang in the middle of the holiday season plus with so many millions having been furloughed over the last 18 months then expendable money is not as free as perhaps it once was.

Sure maybe a few have baulked at the prices SC has set but I feel the answers are more wide spread than just that.

newlinnet2019

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2021, 05:58:20 PM »
2683 attendance. Massive V Sign to SC?  :cheers:

Well what does one expect when one hikes up the price of everything!

Will anyone take note.....I very much doubt it.

So more Southend supporters than linnets there.
I thought you were supposed to try to attract your local community supporters.
 :banghead;

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2021, 06:08:36 PM »
As I said to my mate today if you charge the highest price then you have to deliver the best experience. I had to find  my own seat as the stewards didn't have a clue and the hospital end gate wasn't even fully open at the end lol the tannoy sounded knackered...I think Phil Browns suit cost more than our match day operations

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Nobody is listening.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2021, 06:24:39 PM »
Is there anybody still there to listen ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »
Don’t forget to factor in Marcus we are smack bang in the middle of the holiday season plus with so many millions having been furloughed over the last 18 months then expendable money is not as free as perhaps it once was.

Sure maybe a few have baulked at the prices SC has set but I feel the answers are more wide spread than just that.

Fair enough Mallard, but why would someone think they can increase prices on what is not an essential item, when they are fully aware that people have been furloughed and money is not as free as it once was? Surely that would point to a price decrease being required rather than an increase.

If people are put off by fear of Covid, or the price, surely there's a course of action that could be taken for both problems. 

Do you think any demographic research has been performed prior to prices being fixed?

newlinnet2019

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »
so many millions having been furloughed over the last 18 months then expendable money is not as free as perhaps it once was.

Ifs that's the case Mall then why would you then set the prices so high and try to get blood out of a stone.

I recently read up about a certain person's past dealings and must say I weren't very impressed!
Does a leopard ever change it's spots.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2021, 06:37:00 PM »
Second highest National League attendance today.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2021, 06:42:52 PM »
By Southend fans in our ground

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal