Author Topic: Southend (21st August)  (Read 12068 times)

KES80

Re: Southend (21st August)
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2021, 08:37:51 PM »
However, I do have major concerns about fans feeling  not connected with the club and IMO that is a big area that SC needs to work on, to maximize fan involvement and financial returns.

Btw did anyone on here order an online programme......if so have you received it yet.........minevwill be Monday at the earliest.

KES80

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »
As an example I paid more than 25 quid for a round of 4 drinks last week. 

Either you were in London........or we live in different worlds my friend.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2021, 08:48:37 PM »
I paid 60 for 4 cocktails last weekend in Cambridge but I was 6 storeys up on a rooftop terrace so my point is I was paying for top quality which is what I received.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2021, 08:56:04 PM »
Well I wasn’t for sure on firm ground.  Captive audience.

Interesting results today.

Setch’s Bedford 3-0 FA Cup winners over St Neots.  Lowestoft with Jarv Hendo and Hawkins thrashed 6-1 at Tamworth.   Heacham winners again over Wroxham Res.  Wroxham first team convincing 5-0 winners at Lakenheath with Joe Taylor on the scoresheet with a cracker.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2021, 09:10:31 PM »
Yes   interesting stuff....also  Mulbarton Wanderers beat Hadleigh United 1-0 to progress in the FACup.

Also York lost 4-0 to Gloucester in NLN and are now bottom..... pressure on the manager already..tough job that one... expectations so high

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2021, 09:14:55 PM »
So the simple question is ...Why are we the most expensive and what is the justifying logic.......

I think it’s because it was decided we needed a bigger budget to compete in this league, and so prices went up to increase the budget. Basing decisions on what SC wants the club to be,  rather than what it can afford.

It is worth remembering the pricing structure last year was never really put to the test.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2021, 10:27:36 PM »
KES. I will always question things. It’s part of the make up.  I will also be prepared to listen to an alternative point of view and respect anyone who has one.  I have also been known known to change my view on some subjects.  Good to keep an open mind.

£25 for seating at NL level is a lot.  Then again if people pay it the SC is justified.  As an example I paid more than 25 quid for a round of 4 drinks last week.  Didn’t stop me buying another round later in the evening.

People have the choice.  Don’t wanna pay it ok, don’t go. 

Like you it’s a 2.5-3 hour round trip for me to watch at The Walks.  So I have to factor that in when deciding where I want to go and watch my football

You bought a round of drinks???????

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »
So the simple question is ...Why are we the most expensive and what is the justifying logic.......

New facilities?

<br /><br />
Make every day a Sun day.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2021, 10:57:29 PM »

New facilities?

<br /><br />

Is JC back on board?   :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2021, 11:07:50 PM »
Evening Linnets, Southend fan here, had a great time visited the Eagle then the Crown and Mitre shame about the landlord forced us elsewhere to Wenn's. A great time at the Walks, well done by police (we've had issues at Portsmouth and Oxford etc in the past) and great reception from home fans. As for thegame well we won but maybe we could have had more, on another day you might have got something. good luck for the season and it was emotional having you hosting our first non league match in 101 years

samsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2021, 11:43:05 PM »
Football wise. Quite pleased what I saw today, the lesser team in spells but promising none the less against a team that will no doubt be challenging for the title.

Question tho.. apart from the food available at the away end.. was there anywhere for food for the home fans?

I may moan about this a lot but Steven cleeve really does not cater or care about the home fan?! £21 a ticket.. yes to support full time football and yes the football at times today was of a good quality but the match day experience. We queued from 2.30 and didn’t see a single match day programme being sold or anywhere to get hot food?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2021, 12:40:42 AM »
There was a lad in red jacket near the first pylon selling programs on a table so how did you miss him

Rootshallbloke

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2021, 06:38:57 AM »
Morning Linnets. I share the views of 1906, the travelling faithful had a great day out, although I think we were going to enjoy ourselves regardless of the score line! No complaints on your ground, apart from the length of your grass maybe, stewards and the police were friendly and welcoming and as for the game itself, on another day the score could have been 4-3. One financial point worth mentioning, I travelled up with the Shrimpers Trust coaches, three of them, and we had to park at the Gate House Pub (for free) as your club wanted to charge £40 per coach to park at the ground.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Keep playing your passing game football, but cut that grass as it will make for a better game for your lads.
What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

samsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2021, 07:36:04 AM »
I didn't see anyone by the entrance we came in by.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2021, 08:32:19 AM »
Which entrance did you come in bye  I want to know  so I can fix it for future matches

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal