Author Topic: 2 Days to go  (Read 2786 times)

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
2 Days to go
« on: August 19, 2021, 07:24:43 AM »
Still no real enthusiasm from the club to promote the game on Saturday. Very disappointing for a very big first game after a season behind  closed doors.

KES80

Re: 2 Days to go
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
Indeed, club website still showing Ladies v Haringey as next match

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
And the pinned tweet from the club says "9 days to go "
Do they not want an income and a potential gate of 4000.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »
Is there actually anyone left to handle these things ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 03:50:25 PM »
The Southend forum is very informative and it's actually easier to get a picture of what's going on than it is our end lol.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 04:05:17 PM »
Looking at the Southend forum it seems they are buying tickets in all areas of the ground.  I do wonder from a safety point of view if this will cause problems come Saturday. 

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 04:18:08 PM »
Without a doubt....there has been trouble over the years at Lynn with limited away fans let alone 1500 +.Let's hope we get a decent home following of 2500 and a great atmosphere.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 04:32:42 PM »

Looking at the Southend forum it seems they are buying tickets in all areas of the ground.  I do wonder from a safety point of view if this cause a problems come Saturday. 

Without a doubt....there has been trouble over the years at Lynn with limited away fans let alone 1500 +.Let's hope we get a decent home following of 2500 and a great atmosphere.

Surely a matter for Jamie Farr, the H & S officer to address. Potentially his head on the block if anything serious happens.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 04:40:45 PM »
Really is a big surprise with the lack of promotion of our first game AND the bank holiday monday game.
Great opportunity to whip up some enthusiasm.
Nothing from any quarter. Rob Back, official Lynn, the chairman or players.
Why?
This could of outweighed the negative of the pricing policy, which is really having a negative impact with floating support.
We all want a big gate as it creates a good atmosphere, it creates cash for the club and dare I say it keeps future prices lower.

Add to this the postponement of friendly V Heacham.............. Is there something sinister going on?

See lack of information feeds negative conspiracy theories.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »
Maybe Jamie Farr  should be confirming that he is happy with all the arrangements re- safety of fans etc for Saturday.  As H&S surely he has a duty of care toward the customers.   

If this goes wrong it’s not going to look good on him or indeed the club.

I really hope Mr Farr puts peoples minds at rest.   Southend fans are saying they are buying tickets in all different parts of the ground and the ticket system is allowing them to do this.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 04:51:49 PM »
Really is a big surprise with the lack of promotion of our first game AND the bank holiday monday game.
Why?
This could of outweighed the negative of the pricing policy, which is really having a negative impact with floating support.
We all want a big gate as it creates a good atmosphere, it creates cash for the club and dare I say it keeps future prices lower.

Add to this the postponement of friendly V Heacham.............. Is there something sinister going on?

Not to forget the very recent departure of both paid and unpaid staff!

All just a big co-incidence, or some trying to put some distance between them and the Club just before the season starts?  :dontknow:

KES80

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 05:18:19 PM »
It's just very strange isn't. If you were the Chairman you would def be wanting to maximise revenue from the off....so if you were going to change things internally , you would have new people in place by now, surely. So if we were to discount that, why would people leave just as such  a big season were about to start.
 I note that we haven't had an IC interview for sometime now either...........all just very strange

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 05:23:05 PM »
Why?

Not to forget the very recent departure of both paid and unpaid staff!

All just a big co-incidence, or some trying to put some distance between them and the Club just before the season starts?  :dontknow:

It seems one ‘departure’ is still putting out press releases.  Though not necessarily the ones perhaps people were hoping to hear.

Can’t keep a good man down.   

KES80

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 05:27:09 PM »
 I do hope they have the policing levels correct for Saturday, from the start....if it's largely unsegregated they will need large numbers.......... thankfully, I think I am correct in saying, Norwich are away, so The Carrow Road  group should be available.

Again, it comes down to having people in position within the club, who are aware of the club's history and have local knowledge.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 05:44:18 PM »
It's just very strange isn't. If you were the Chairman you would def be wanting to maximise revenue from the off....so if you were going to change things internally , you would have new people in place by now, surely. So if we were to discount that, why would people leave just as such  a big season were about to start.

If some leave but continue contributing as before, could it be a case of, No "official title", so no responsibility or liability?   :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal