Author Topic: Segregation and Allocation of Seating  (Read 2608 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Segregation and Allocation of Seating
« on: August 21, 2021, 11:31:24 PM »
Today's game vs Southend employed some crowd segregation. This was for fans in the Terraces.

However, the Club sold seating tickets to Away supporters, restricting these to the A Section.This was well packed and there was no trouble with Southend supporters - we had a good chat with those around us, we felt

My main gripe was that my Season Ticket for my preferred view is in the A Section. I was left to sit isolated in a sea of Southend fans.

How often are Away teams going to be allocated seating in this area and leave us regular Home supporters (with a Regular seat) feeling that we are the visitors?

The Club should have made us aware of the decision to restrict Away fans to a certain area and give us an option to move somewhere we would feel more comfortable.

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Segregation and Allocation of Seating
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 09:48:55 AM »
Westlynnmike Southend supporters were not only in section A I sit in E and we were surrounded, but it was
good as we met and chatted with them. Mr Cleave always said it would be good for the towns econemy,
the fans near us had all stayed in B/Bs near there ground. as for Mr cleave wanting to charge £40 to the
aways coaches it is unbelivable.
            One bit of good news is an old servant is retuning to the club next week ?.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 10:16:28 AM »
The coaches parked up at the Hungry Horse for free rather than pay the 40 quid.   Can anyone guess where they ate and drank ?   SC doesn’t do himself any favours.   False economy and all that.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
We sat in section C, there were 20/30 Southend fans in that area along with the overspill of the unused Southend squad. Spoke to some of their fans, no issues, in fact it was like the old days when we used to drink together and chat away in the old B/G club room, that's was when it would be packed out at 1.30pm. Also did anyone notice how many empty advertising boards there were?

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 11:56:48 AM »
Yea, I did notice that.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 12:06:00 PM »
More collateral damage following Covid.   Lots of companies having to rebuild or batten down the hatches in the short term.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 02:47:55 PM »
More collateral damage following Covid.   Lots of companies having to rebuild or batten down the hatches in the short term.

Of course, but that's how it is. You have to market your product accordingly. That's where a professional CM would pay dividends.

It will be interesting to see at away games if other clubs are suffering with lack of sponsorship.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 02:57:21 PM »
The coaches parked up at the Hungry Horse for free rather than pay the 40 quid.   Can anyone guess where they ate and drank ?   SC doesn’t do himself any favours.   False economy and all that.

Therefore had to walk from Hungry Horse (a pub with a sports bar) and then go past the Nap, where they would have seen scores of other football supporters drinking, or the Porterhouse and live and let live.

Crazy. Probably missed the opportunity of selling food and drink to over 150 hungry and thirsty football supporters. They wouldn't have to spend much per head at Club prices to be worth more the £120  that charging for coach parking would have generated.

Get as many into the ground  as early as possible! Don't give them a reason to go elsewhere.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2021, 04:55:08 PM »
None of this is rocket science, is it?  There just seems to be a total disconnect with reality.

As regards advertising boards, if you had advertised previously you might give serious consideration to a suggested 50% increase.

But 200% or more?  Hence the blank spaces around the ground.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
These were all my observations 2 weeks ago...now Mr Chairman it has been highlighted on here and
on the Southends forums .Chesterfield ,Wrexham, Stockport, Grimsby,etc have big away followings and word will get around on social media that you can do what you want at Lynn.Also all these teams have an element that will let's say accommodate any bother that comes their way.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 05:04:40 PM »
There is no parking for coaches .Car park spaces sold before season started.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »
These were all my observations 2 weeks ago...now Mr Chairman it has been highlighted on here and
on the Southends forums .Chesterfield ,Wrexham, Stockport, Grimsby,etc have big away followings and word will get around on social media that you can do what you want at Lynn.Also all these teams have an element that will let's say accommodate any bother that comes their way.

Not to mention how some of our "older" season ticket holders will feel, having paid a FORTUNE for their tickets, then having to sit in their own home ground stand, surrounded by away fans!!That's hardly fair or the correct way to treat loyal and often very long term supporters.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 05:21:10 PM »
There is no parking for coaches .Car park spaces sold before season started.

Maybe it was £40 to just pull into the car park to drop the passengers off.   :dontknow:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 05:36:53 PM »
I was sat next to a Southend Surporter and had real chat to the man very friendly banter

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2021, 05:40:23 PM »
That's great but it's not the point

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal