Author Topic: Financial Waffle  (Read 5934 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Financial Waffle
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 04:00:39 PM »
That’s the problem with sole ownership.  One person decides the fate of many.  Many felt we should have taken the 12 point deduction and not lumbered the club with over half a million debt, but it’s done now.
Thing is would fans still stayed away if we was on -12 points ?? Would we of been able to attract the type of players we have ? I understand some view of admission £ but I cant see how we’ve lost 1000 fans say because off that , tbh I’ve been disappointed by our 2 home game attendances  I honestly thought easily 3k each game but what will Wealdstone, Dover be ? Wrong side of 1500 I’d say !

Our next three home games are:

Dagenham and Redbridge

Wealdstone

Barnet

The first game is live on BT Sports, so although its against the League leaders, it will probably have an impact on the gate. I don't believe Dagenham supporters are renowned for travelling to away games in great numbers anyway.

The second game is Wealdstone, who have seen a big increase in average home gates since last season, but have played both Woking and Southend.  I don't believe Wealdstone supporters travel in any great numbers when playing away either  :dontknow:

Barnet game is on a Tuesday night. The dreaded Tuesday night away game, so I really can't see a lot of travelling supporters for that one.

I would expect that Lynn supporters will well out number visiting supporters for all three games, but really wouldn't be surprised if the average gate for the three games is well short of the 1500 Bluboy mentions.

Time will tell.

Time to get the Media machine out there promoting the games as hard as they can!
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2021, 04:22:42 PM »
If the first 2 home games were a measure against admission cost versus value for money and a great matchday experience then I'm afraid it's an epic fail both for home and away fans.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 05:49:25 PM »
Cheaper to get bt sport for month

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 03:21:54 PM »
It's simple really! If you're winning fans will pay the cost what ever that cost may be. If you're losing people will stay away and won't pay a high price for a ticket. A dedicated fan fan will pay  regardless of results and ticket prices. Lets face it, how many football clubs make money or break even. Sponsorship is the key in many ways. Just my opinion.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 08:47:40 PM »
First home game against a top side after a year of no live football ...what's the excuse for the poor turnout  then ?
Start of the season so loyal fans would be in abundance wouldn't they !

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 09:33:27 PM »
Maybe a bit like the perfect storm.

Lynn have a large number of older fans.  Who maybe don’t feel comfortable in being in a stadium with a lot of people.

People haven’t been attending football for maybe 18 months so the ‘habit’ is no longer there and have found other things to occupy their Saturday afternoons.

Also I have heard and read of several people who will longer pay the admission fee and no longer thinks it’s value for money.

SC can bang on about people needing  to pay a higher price if they want this standard of Football but if the punters aren’t buying into his ‘dream’ then he has a problem to get them back on side.

Lynn’s big gates come when they are fighting at the top of the table.  Maybe the Chairman thinks that an average team at Step one will only bring in around 1,000 home fans.

Just an opinion.  What do others think
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »
That’s the problem with sole ownership.  One person decides the fate of many.  Many felt we should have taken the 12 point deduction and not lumbered the club with over half a million debt, but it’s done now.
Thing is would fans still stayed away if we was on -12 points ?? Would we of been able to attract the type of players we have ? I understand some view of admission £ but I cant see how we’ve lost 1000 fans say because off that , tbh I’ve been disappointed by our 2 home game attendances  I honestly thought easily 3k each game but what will Wealdstone, Dover be ? Wrong side of 1500 I’d say !
I would have to stay away simply because I cannot afford it. Really sad but this is the reality.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2021, 02:53:38 PM »
Apply to Runce And Evans if your case is needy they will get you tickets

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2021, 05:04:30 PM »
Apply to Runce And Evans if your case is needy they will get you tickets

Is it as easy as that?   :dontknow:

I think its Rounce, not Runce.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2021, 06:13:33 PM »
I will have a season ticket then lol

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2021, 06:06:45 AM »
Spitting hairs on my spelling doesn’t become you

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2021, 07:28:23 AM »
Or even Splitting Malc.  That’s not spelling that’s a different word, Malc    :coffee:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2021, 09:33:29 AM »
Spitting hairs on my spelling doesn’t become you

It wasn't meant to be correcting  the spelling, more to point out that the name of the sponsor is Rounce and not Runce. I'm sure that kind of thing is important to the owner Luke, who I have known for 30 years.

KES80

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2021, 12:43:19 PM »
I have heard of spitting feathers, but spitting hairs is a new one on me...sounds like more effort, but less dramatic, hardly worth the effort :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2021, 03:25:00 PM »
You been watching too much Fake Taxi KES  :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal