Author Topic: The game today v Chesterfield  (Read 4008 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: The game today v Chesterfield
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »
You weren’t necessary wrong Malc.  All you were doing was expressing an opinion.   As we all do.   

Gash and Marriott, who knows what they would have done for us this season.  It’s something we will never know. We have lost great servants to the Club previously and the fans have found new hero’s to latch onto.   The same will happen again.

With hardly any fans in last season the squad this season will take time to adjust to, but it will come.

Hopefully you made a good bit again from the 50/50 Malc to further boast your funds
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 10:30:20 AM »
Everyone posts a duff one on here once in a while Mr Hill and then corrects it when they have a change of heart or their opinion changes..... we're all human after all......well most of us :laughcry:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »
...The team played dreadful, all that passing around at the back leads to lost procession.  The two new "strikers" where hopeless, they just didn't seem to try or care like Marriott and Gash did, no wonder we all sang in unision " we want Gash back" at least we got a reaction from Burrows from that, so he at least cares. If I was the manager I would be ringing up Gash and Marriot and pleading with them to play part time again.

N&L, can I just ask where you think Lynn are in 'the pecking order' at NL?  This seasons squad does at least look it has been assembled with a plan to compete and, hopefully, stay in the NL unlike last seasons which was well on course for relegation even before furloughing players. 

Not sure who you were referring to but we only had one 'striker' on the pitch and none on the bench - we only have three in the squad and one was suspended and another presumably picked up a knock at Yeovil so it's hardly surprising that Omotayo often looked isolated and fighting a losing battle - even when he won the ball or held it up there was little to no support and this is perhaps where I would agree with Gyasi and Sundire looking well off the standard needed at this level.  This then had the knock on effect that the back three and Coleman and Clunan had (very) limited options when they looked to move the ball forward, particularly with how well Chesterfield's full backs played against Barrows and Denton.

All of that said, much like Norwich playing Leicester, Chesterfield will not define our season, they are one of the pre-season favorites and will be in and around the playoffs whereas we have to try and avoid being dragged into a relegation battle which means picking up points against sides that are likely to be down there ie Yeovil.  So looking forward we can welcome Rowley back into the side next weekend to provide a bit more invention and hopefully Linton will be fit which should give us a bit more balance going forward, the bench still looks very, very thin but IC has spent his budget and as I said earlier we do look a lot more competitive than last year.

Tupist

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 04:44:36 PM »
Could someone attempt to explain the contempt afforded the away supporters by King's Lynn FC? Why did we have to be penned into a corner of the ground with 2/3rds of the shared open end made available to accomodate approximately 100ish Linnets.  Obviously everyone can see a solution, but hey! let's rip the away fans off for 21 quid and show them as much disrespect as possible by giving them a horrible experience..

At least for the return fixture away fans will only have to pay £18 for a good view, a seat with leg room and a humane area to despose of any excess ale.

Sorry to hear of any fans being treated in such a manner,but I do believe some steps are being taken to rectify the situation? Maybe someone from the club could clarify? :dontknow:

Is it fair to say that there is a general apathy toward this subject  amongst your fans with the lack of comments or is it just an acceptance that the away fans lot is not to be a happy one.

On Monday there was alot of kids 6-10 year old in the away end?? probably on their first ever away trip with their fathers (I remember with fondness as I'm sure we all do my first trip with my dad even though it was a 5-1 defeat) and after an afternoon of peering through grown up legs trying to get a glimpse of the pitch and listening to folk moaning about having to pay £21 when some 20 yards away they could have watched the match in relative comfort, their lasting memories of King's Lynn will not be good.

Isn't it time you KL supporters put some pressure on your chairman to get away supporters a better deal after all we are all away supporters at some point. Having read the excellent programme he obviously reads this board.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 06:52:08 PM »
Stony ground, I am afraid Tupist

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 08:26:13 PM »
Malachi Linton playing for Wycombe Wanderers tonight in the EFL Trophy against Villa Under 21s on a temporary recall

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 08:36:27 PM »
Least we now know the reason we only had one striker in the squad yesterday.    Why does the Clubs PR department not let the fans know what’s going on ?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 08:46:13 PM »
Can't believe we allowed that to happen.

KES80

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2021, 09:34:23 PM »
Oh dear, if that is going to happen every time Wycombe u23s play then it won't be alot of use to Lynn

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 09:40:08 PM »
Seems strange. Will we ever get to know the reason?   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2021, 05:14:43 AM »
Typist I total agree with you the barrier needs to be moved to give away fans more room I believe this is already in hand,if it isn’t it will be

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2021, 07:55:47 AM »
I think Linton was just a one game return but should be back this Saturday (I hope).

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »
Have to accept Linton is not our player so Wycombe can do as they wish with him and we have to take it.  That’s the price of bringing in loaners.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 09:55:29 AM »
Typist

I used to have one of those a few years back.    :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 10:04:40 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal