Author Topic: Fotlsc  (Read 6462 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Fotlsc
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 09:54:35 AM »
Get ready for a heavily watered down pint .

You mean they are serving Elgoods these days?   :laughcry:

I remember the days drinking good old Elgoods Iceberg lager in the Queens Arms,after the first 45 pints you gave up and went home. :cheers: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I'm sure you could have managed another 45 pints of Batemans. Same effect!   :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:54 AM »
In the new pressurised barrels or kegs it’s impossible to add water unlike the old hogsheads barrels where you could add 2 gallons of water

And where you could also deposit the residue from the drip trays!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
Update on the FOTL's meeting last night.

I am reliably informed that Grissles saved himself £5 on the total cost of his beer last night.    :cheers:

:laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 03:38:37 PM »
Update on the FOTL's meeting last night.

I am reliably informed that Grissles saved himself £5 on the total cost of his beer last night.    :cheers:

:laughcry:

Why was it only a short meeting ?  :laughcry:
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 04:02:07 PM »
Not sure, but I wasn't prepared to show my knobbly knees, so didn't go :laughcry:

KES80

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
So how did it go ?

How many attended ?

Any new ideas or decisions made ?

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 04:10:09 PM »
I would not call 2hrs a short meeting anyway you should have
been to find ouy what happened.

KES80

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 04:49:50 PM »
Very helpful answer A47,  hopefully that response is  not representative of the people that attended

......... anyone else who attended have a more useful response ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2021, 05:32:49 PM »
Some of us don’t live that close to make a meeting.  Doesn’t mean we cannot support things from a distance.   

What events have been lined up 47 that we can offer our support to?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2021, 09:19:56 PM »
I would not call 2hrs a short meeting anyway you should have
been to find ouy what happened.

It sounds as if you think that people who were not in attendance should not be informed of what went on?

Surely it's not a secret society?

Not informing people is no way to attract new members. I remember the Chairman of FOTL's saying  he wanted things to be more open and transparent, so hopefully he won't be in agreement with you.

I wonder if the Club Chairman has already been informed of what happended and what was agreed.  :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2021, 06:46:44 AM »
I’m sure Malc will let us know what’s going on when he has something prepared.   With a 2 hour meeting I’m sure lots was discussed and plans formulated.   

Let’s just wait and see.   Over to you Mr Chairman

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »
Some in attendance were disappointed with the turnout but I think it probably reflected where the FotL finds itself, after a season mostly without fans and attached to a club that hasn't put fan engagement at the forefront of its operations, everyone needs to accept it will take time to build up to where it was, let alone where some would like it to be.  The two hours weren't all spent discussing things the FotL can affect, although in the absence of a genuine fans forum with SC there are very few alternatives for fans vent their frustrations, even if it did mean the meeting got a bit 'off topic' at times.

In terms of moving the FotL forward, they gained a new committee member who comes on as secretary and there were constructive comments about how the profile of existing fundraising, particularly the 100 Club could be raised and a number of possible fundraising activities were suggested for the committee to consider.  Mallard, to answer you question directly, the meeting wasn't there for 'plans (to be) formulated' but a chance for the committee to engage with members and non-members alike as to how they can move forward which I think it probably achieved.  On a personal note I would hope this is the start not the end of such meetings as it is probably worth doing a couple a season - there were some good ideas from the floor and it's now down to the committee to go away and think about what they can progress and hopefully by the next open meeting they will be able to be judged on their actions as well as words. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2021, 03:27:09 PM »
Some in attendance were disappointed with the turnout but I think it probably reflected where the FotL finds itself, after a season mostly without fans and attached to a club that hasn't put fan engagement at the forefront of its operations, everyone needs to accept it will take time to build up to where it was, let alone where some would like it to be.  The two hours weren't all spent discussing things the FotL can affect, although in the absence of a genuine fans forum with SC there are very few alternatives for fans vent their frustrations, even if it did mean the meeting got a bit 'off topic' at times.

In terms of moving the FotL forward, they gained a new committee member who comes on as secretary and there were constructive comments about how the profile of existing fundraising, particularly the 100 Club could be raised and a number of possible fundraising activities were suggested for the committee to consider.  Mallard, to answer you question directly, the meeting wasn't there for 'plans (to be) formulated' but a chance for the committee to engage with members and non-members alike as to how they can move forward which I think it probably achieved.  On a personal note I would hope this is the start not the end of such meetings as it is probably worth doing a couple a season - there were some good ideas from the floor and it's now down to the committee to go away and think about what they can progress and hopefully by the next open meeting they will be able to be judged on their actions as well as words.

Thanks for that Tony,I was going to post a piece myself but due to family commitments and work I hadn't got around to it. It would be nice to have regular get togethers on the same basis as I said during the evening the key to anything is communication, the FOTL in the future will be hoping to put things on in the bar,bands/disco/karaoke or whatever people would like to see. Some people would like to see a repeat of the quiz night held in conjunction with the trust that raised close to 5 hundred pounds for the ground improvement fund,these are all positives to work towards in the future,as with everything it has to begin somewhere,and that night was the start. :cheers:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2021, 03:51:17 PM »

Thanks for that Tony,I was going to post a piece myself but due to family commitments and work I hadn't got around to it. It would be nice to have regular get togethers on the same basis as I said during the evening the key to anything is communication, the FOTL in the future will be hoping to put things on in the bar,bands/disco/karaoke or whatever people would like to see. Some people would like to see a repeat of the quiz night held in conjunction with the trust that raised close to 5 hundred pounds for the ground improvement fund,these are all positives to work towards in the future,as with everything it has to begin somewhere,and that night was the start. :cheers:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2021, 06:32:46 PM »
Tony,

Are you the new FOTL committee member?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal