Author Topic: Dagenham at home  (Read 7428 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Dagenham at home
« on: September 11, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »
Personally think we look at much better side, particularly at the back, than last season but still seem to be making silly mistakes that are getting punished - 7 conceded in 4 games is hardly something to shout about.  Hopefully the Walks can witness a better display going forward than the last game where IC's options were severely limited but with Rowley and Morias available and with the new loan signing we will be able to pick a side with more threat in attack plus attacking options on the bench.  My team for today

Jones
      McFadden, Bowry, Bird
Barrows, McGavin, Coleman, Denton
                 Rowley
            Linton, Morias

subs - Jones, Fernandez, Clunan, Sundire, Walker (maybe a case for Gyasi for Sundire as we are at home?)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Dagenham at home
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 03:37:37 PM »
Not many Selectors coming on here these days, so the Dilly team to beat Dagenham is as follows…. 
Jones:  Jones,McFadden,Bird,Denton:   Barrows,Clunan:   Gyasi, Rowley, Walker:   Morias.  Subs, Bastock, Fernandez, McGavin, Linton, Sundire,   Attack in droves, and everyone to defend.  IMHO.  Where are the rest of our traditional pundits ?!!  Can’t do this job on my own !!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 05:13:06 PM »
Forgot about Coleman !  He’s in !  Sundire drops to the bench.!

KES80

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »
Lynn need to find a way to win in these close games....we are now dropping behind in our mini league..... Weymouth and Wealdstone now ahead of us like last season. Defence performing pretty well, but much more needed from the front men.

Lynn had a free hit last season, but so did Alty, Weymouth, Wealdstone and all the clubs are much more aware of what is required....there are no newbies from the league below this year....lets hope for a positive result at Alty.... .. 4 points from 5 games /15points isnt great.

KES80

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 08:05:35 PM »
Ps anyone seen the attendance figure ?

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
We need much more up front, Morias and the rest dont seem to be up to it. These little chances seem to be passing them by. Other teams seem latch on to half chances and score. I know it was in a different  league but Marriot And Gash used to eat these up. Remember Jack, when he use to score from impossible angles, yes he wasnt up against ex league players, but he knew where the goal was.

KES80

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »
It is early days, I know and goals breed confidence, but so far none of the front players- two permanents and two loanees have made an immediate impact and look like regular goalscorers.

IMO the only front player we have had who looked a good forward at this level, from the very first moment  was Loza.

Lets hope that the right combination and confidence can be found up front, with the personnel we currently have.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »
Attendance?

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 11:40:53 PM »
Attendance?

Low.

I know people have their own reasons for not attending - I couldn't do the Chesterfield match because of work - but it really looked like a poor attendance today.

It must have looked even worse on the telly

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 11:43:13 PM »
The attendance looked shockingly low on the telly. Can’t find the official figure anywhere.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 11:52:19 PM »
859 with about 125 from Dagenham. I guessed/hoped for 1000. TV obviously took a fair amount away but I can afford to go and even though we lost thought it was value for money. We are definitely improving and there was some super play particularly in the first half - we cannot do the vital bit and put the ball in the net at home. may be our team and ethic is better for playing away.

New lad for 19 had a lot of composure and played some good football. In the second half we were pressed far higher up the pitch which resulted any error being pounced upon and just couldn't;t open them. up so easily.

Keep going Lynn, we are not far away!

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 12:24:59 AM »
The actual match was frustrating as we played some good stuff, but the old cliche of not taking your chances (especially whilst on top) will come and bite you on the arse - and it did.

Still early days and a long way to go, but personally, I question the goalscoring of Morias & Omotayo

Morias is an average of 1 in 5
Omotayo averages 1 in 4 matches.

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2021, 06:02:48 AM »
Negatives
1). Attendance
2) lack of goal threat
3) mistakes defensively....
I. e...concentration levels...
Positives
1) style of play
2) stronger bench
3)  can only get better with time
And experience....
4) watching the best at non league level
⚽👌👏👏

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2021, 07:04:24 AM »
We need a striker someone like Marriot, Marriot did someone mention Marriot

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2021, 08:07:53 AM »
We look a decent team but scoring goals looks a real issue.   I wonder if SC will be prepared to dip ( deeply) into the loan money ( or fund it himself) to bring in a proven goal scorer that will turn defeats into draws and draws into victory?

We so miss Cameron King we were crying out for him yesterday.  To me that’s a close we are too being a top 10 team.   

Winning games at home would bring in the fans whilst being in the bottom 6 could see gates of under a 1000 as a regular theme.   Difficult one for the Club to manage.  Bit of the old Chicken and Egg situation.

Have to think Jones will be disappointed with the 2nd goal. Also on corners we seemed to be hanging balls up in the air which made life easier for their keeper and defenders.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal