Author Topic: The big announcement  (Read 3817 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: The big announcement
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »
Please, can anyone enlighten me on the matter?  The club appears to lag behind with keeping fans informed about many things. As a former journalist, I also think the local press should be more informative with what is going on behind the scenes at The Walks. It gives the impression that relationships between club and media is a bit too cosy.

Colin, with the Chairman stating himself that there will be no Press at the Fans Forum on Friday (basically they have not been invited), I would guess the relationship with the local Press is at the other end of the spectrum, and certainly not cosy.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
Thanks KES for the information. I can find no mention of the appointment on the club website, in fact Mr Hearle is still listed in that role. Such an important position should warrant a news announcement. It is a repeating theme on this forum of how poor the club is at attracting sponsors, advertising etc.
Good luck to whoever now fills that role because it must be extremely difficult in the current economic market.
I know from my own experiences that local press are often loathed to ask the difficult questions of their main professional club for fear of upsetting a source of regular stories. But it is apparent from the below-par attendances and many negative comments on this forum that all is not right at The Walks. The local press should feel obliged to investigate and say why.
They even seem shy to ask basic questions like what is wrong with arguably Lynn’s most talented player, Cameron King. We are told he is injured but few facts are known.
The fans forum made be closed to the Press but why, what has the club got to hide? Any interested journalist should make sure he has a reliable source at that meeting ready to report back.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »
Any interested journalist should make sure he has a reliable source at that meeting ready to report back.

I can think of one journalist that has that at all times.  :laughcry: I presume he uses his discretion regarding what he is told and what he reports on.  :dontknow:

The Club has it's own Press/Media department and apparently the Chairman does not interfere regarding the content of their reporting, so why such things as you mention are not reported on is a question only they can answer.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 03:09:34 PM »
In fairness those involved ( past and present) have been fed the stories not actually put out what’s there.   The Club always seem to go with jobs for the boys rather trying to get in the best people for the jobs.    For example why is an experienced journo like Plummer working with Heacham rather than Lynn ? 
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
For example why is an experienced journo like Plummer working with Heacham rather than Lynn ?

Apparently likes to go for a paddle and eat his sandwiches on the beach before a game.  :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 04:09:42 PM »
Sandwiches at the Walks ?  Maybe he should be sat behind the desk  as you get well fed there.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »
Have we been told that Cameron King is injured?

Perhaps it is more a medical condition and as such he is entitled to his privacy.

Supporters have no right to know unless he wishes them to.

It's called patient confidentiality.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 05:35:03 PM »
Nail on head

KES80

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 06:12:37 PM »
Have we been told that Cameron King is injured?

Perhaps it is more a medical condition and as such he is entitled to his privacy.

Supporters have no right to know unless he wishes them to.

It's called patient confidentiality.

With respect Kenny that's not really the issue.

It doesn't breach any patient confidentiality to give an update on a player's likely availability going forward. I don't see how something like "hopefully in a couple of months" or even " we just don't know at this stage" breaches any confidentiality issues.........

The club just seems incapable of keeping a reasonable dialogue going with fans on so many aspects that a true fan would naturally be interested in.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 06:26:52 PM »
Yes, but leave this out, it could be very personal, find a more appropriate example of criticism, directed at the clubs communications. Astounded!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal