Author Topic: Wealdstone  (Read 5143 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Wealdstone
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 10:23:14 PM »
Todays highlights.
The sausage and chips.

An important highlight!   :cheers:

Yes,but it was bought from the crossings chip shop  :red card:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 10:32:25 PM »
Todays highlights.
The sausage and chips.

An important highlight!   :cheers:

Yes,but it was bought from the crossings chip shop  :red card:
Lol. Obviously a community chip shop!   :laughcry:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »
A trend is developing here - if you don't take your chances while you are on top, it will bite you in the a**e

Same against Dagenham, same today

Played some good stuff today, but all the possession in the world doesn't count for much if you don't convert the chances.

Junior Morias - just a poor mans Leon Mettam for me - he averages one goal in five appearances throughout his career, so he's due one soon (hopefully!!).......I'd love nothing more than to be wrong about him and for him to go on a goalscoring run and end up with 20+ goals this season - but can anyone se it happening??
Twice today (one offside) he failed to even hit the target from six yards out, he was moaning at his team mates too, I'm really not convinced with him

The crowd - 885 isn't great, but what was even worse was hearing Wealdstone's support and we didn't even muster one song all match - have the ultra's had enough?? They are our most vocal section of support, but didn't see any of them there today

Really frustrating today as Wealdstone were ****e.......and ****e with only ten men too, so we really needed a result

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 07:57:45 AM »
Strikers=goals=fans=£££😀⚽
HAPPY DAYS!!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 09:05:39 AM »
I do like to think I’m a half glass full and pro everything the club do … but today at the game was thinking how flat the club has become .. awful crowd , no atmosphere, and I must say though we’re full time some off those players seemed non interested , no urgency, lack off belief.. defence looks comfortable (or better)  but our forward line are huffing puffing goldy gets criticised but I’m yet to see what the lad from Wycombe bring to the side , and when junior is deep we’ve nothing up front . Personally I’m no IC but why not bring gyasi on instead of sundire I think he would of caused more problems and more direct . Really miss king  … feel our spine of the team has left and no one there to rally them …

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2021, 09:33:27 AM »
In our NLN ( and lower days) we had a predominately locally based squad.  Fans could relate with the Jarv’s, Gash’s etc it all felt right.   Now we are at step one then players came in from here there and everywhere.  No link up or connection with the fans.   Maybe we need to give the transition a bit longer to see if there will be a bond.

I thought yesterday was our first ‘must win’ game of the season.  Sadly we came up short.  Now the next two look vital.  We are already in the relegation places so that could become a theme for the season.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2021, 10:00:18 AM »
Once Lynn went behind there didn't seem to be anyone on the pitch to gee the rest of the team up. Captain Clunan was vocal, but with the ref not the rest of the te
am.  The players are now full time ( why?) There seemed to be a greater commitment when the team were part time ( e.g. MG putting in a decent weeks work as a tree surgeon travelling to training/ matches twice a week)  what does a day look like for a silly time National League footballer? How long does a training session last each day. There's only so much analysing/ scrutinising that can be done?
I thought the enthusiasm/ energy/ pride in wearing the shirt was evident with Aaron Jones when he came  on.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 10:01:18 AM »
At the moment think there is no atmosphere in the stadium .Looking from the grandstand didn't see a single bannersurrely this group of supporters haven't  stopped coming.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 10:59:58 AM »
If the attendance does not increase as the level of the game climbs, then it is a sure indicator that the club has gone beyond the level it should be. Histon , Rushdon etc etc ...The public either do not like the price or there just is not the interest, until a play off final or cup run is on offer. Two levels to high....

I fear you are spot on. At this level Lynn are inevitably going to struggle ON the pitch to keep their heads above water, full time or not, and the facts are that at these admission prices, unless the team is winning, a lot of people who have come for years on and off, are not going to turn up.
I can’t see the current situation being sustainable for long but I just hope we don’t fall down as far as the two clubs you mentioned did, when sadly, things go “bang”!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »
It would seem the fans are not of the same mind as the Chairman in wanting ( supporting) Step one football.   

Seems like it’s more exciting to a middle size fish in a medium size pond.  Than being a tiddler in a huge one.

Maybe we should have taken the 12 point deduction and been 500k better off.  This can only sit at one persons door

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 01:16:09 PM »
Yes don't really understand this one minute we were going to stop playing and i think it took everyone by surprise with change of direction including the manager.Must have been a reason perhaps only Chairman will know.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 01:53:58 PM »
Red or black GS.  That seemed to be the reason.  If we get relegated this season with a 500k plus debt.  Then we will know if the ‘gamble’ came off.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »
If the attendance does not increase as the level of the game climbs, then it is a sure indicator that the club has gone beyond the level it should be. Histon , Rushdon etc etc ...The public either do not like the price or there just is not the interest, until a play off final or cup run is on offer. Two levels to high....

I fear you are spot on. At this level Lynn are inevitably going to struggle ON the pitch to keep their heads above water, full time or not, and the facts are that at these admission prices, unless the team is winning, a lot of people who have come for years on and off, are not going to turn up.
I can’t see the current situation being sustainable for long but I just hope we don’t fall down as far as the two clubs you mentioned did, when sadly, things go “bang”!
The Key word you added to my post, in reply is sustainable...with these attendance without a sustained sponsor, then yes Bang is the result.

KES80

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2021, 06:24:32 PM »
https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/match-report-kings-lynn-0-1-wealdstone

Thought you might like to read W's report on the game...... highlights it pretty well  I feel.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »
https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/match-report-kings-lynn-0-1-wealdstone

Thought you might like to read W's report on the game...... highlights it pretty well  I feel.

Estimating only around 700 Lynn supporters there!  :rain:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal