Author Topic: Solihull moors at Home  (Read 3236 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Solihull moors at Home
« on: October 08, 2021, 12:21:08 PM »
So how is this one going to play out ?  Solihull don’t appear to have done much on the road thus far.

I’m going for a Lynn 3-1 victory in front of 1250 fans.

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

Re: Solihull moors at Home
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
Time for a win at The Walks !
I am going for 2-0 Lynn with Gold Omotayo scoring a confidence boosting goal.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 01:38:35 PM »
I think a win is on the cards, but I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

2-1 to Lynn, with 1,100 through the gate. Nice weather, warm enough for us oldies, wives not making us go Christmas shopping yet.......we could even see a few more than that.

:scarf:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 01:53:47 PM »
I would like to think the attendance would be a lot more than 1100 tomorrow, particularly given the weather forecast.

On the pitch, I just hope our luck turns in front of goal and we can put together a bit of a run, including a positive result next week in the cup.  No preview as yet from the club so still no injury updates but can't see that any of Tuesday evenings starters wouldn't keep their place if they are all fit.  Plenty of positives from the Barnet game to take into Saturday so hope we can get our first win at the Walks this season although like B&G, I think we might need to score at least twice to achieve that.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 05:37:17 PM »
1-0 down in 15 minutes, 2-1 defeat. Just lack bite and can't see it changing at home.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 08:38:38 PM »
I would like to think the attendance would be a lot more than 1100 tomorrow, particularly given the weather forecast.

I can't see The Moors bringing many more than 100, so I just added that to the 1000 regular, all weather, Lynn supporters.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 09:34:04 AM »

I can't see The Moors bringing many more than 100, so I just added that to the 1000 regular, all weather, Lynn supporters.

I had a pint with a bloke at Wenns on Thursday evening who had come for the weekend. Take in all the sights and football on Saturday.  I imagine the weather will encourage a few.   With 4 points from 6 and the ticket prices reduced,  you should see a fair few this afternoon... great weather for it.
Make every day a Sun day.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »
No big time footy this weekend, so we may get a few from both ends of the A47, Norwich, and Posh. Sorry to say i think we will drop more points today, not enough fire power. Lets shoot on site more!

KES80

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2021, 05:29:23 PM »
Brave effort, but once again no cigar.
Wasn't there so not easy to comment on performance but from the reports, seems best efforts were from Clunan and Barrows.....a too familiar story.......just a little toothless upfront.

Have to say that we probably start as second favourites next Saturday to Peterborough Sports, just because their confidence is high and they are scoring for fun.

Seems like a striker in on loan may be the only option, if a cup run isn't forthcoming.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 06:04:47 PM »
Brave effort, but once again no cigar.
Wasn't there so not easy to comment on performance but from the reports, seems best efforts were from Clunan and Barrows.....a too familiar story.......just a little toothless upfront.

Have to say that we probably start as second favourites next Saturday to Peterborough Sports, just because their confidence is high and they are scoring for fun.

Seems like a striker in on loan may be the only option, if a cup run isn't forthcoming.

The thing is though if the club couldn't bring in a striker worth anything in the Summer what chance do they have of getting a good one in on loan, part way through the season?!
As I've said before, you dont get quality strikers at this level unless you splash some dosh or you are very, very lucky and uncover a hidden gem, and the lack of goals is going to cost Lynn BIG TIME this season.
You get stuff all for "brave efforts" I'm afraid and this is becoming a regular theme already.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »
Phil Brown sacked by Southend after today’s 4-0 home defeat.  Clubs don’t mess about at this level.  It’s only the beginning of October and he is the 3rd one in this League to lose his job.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
Yep, Lynn are mighty lucky that a few other teams have started so poorly, but that won't continue and Lynn need to pick it up sharpish, otherwise they will be in huge trouble within a couple of months

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »
Well, after listing a number of positives from Tuesday evening, today's positive is limited to a single point - Joe Taylor making his debut and even that is tempered by how knackered he looked which just shows why he doesn't need to go back to Wroxham but will still take him a while to get up to NL speed.  He also gave the crowd a lift which was sorely needed.

Not sure what IC said to them before the game but I assume it wasn't 'let them have all the possession and when we get it just lump it up the field'.  I know Omotayo might come in for some stick but Tuesday we played to his strengths moving defenders around and playing diagional balls, today was the complete opposite where we just hit long, straight balls that were just meat and drink for the Solihull defenders.  Solihull were probably the poorest side we have seen at the Walks this season but we have to be prepared to play our football and whilst neither side deserved all three points we just didn't create enough.  One more negative - the officials had to be the worst (not biased as Ardley was just as upset as the Lynn bench at times) we have had this season

KES80

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 07:31:05 PM »
The stark facts are that we are 10 games in, so virtually a quarter of season gone and goals from forwards :

Morias 2
Omotayo 0
Linton.   1
Jackson 0

Everyone can see that's where the problem lies, but is there a solution ?

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 07:38:22 PM »
Jackson?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal