Author Topic: Klfc v Peterborough sports  (Read 8350 times)

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Klfc v Peterborough sports
« on: October 11, 2021, 07:08:19 AM »
If ever the club need to pull together Saturday is a must..
With the return of gash & fryatt the potential banana skin is on the cards.
But from the keeper, defenders, and particularly the strong midfield contingent I see us
Scraping through by the odd goal. The only concern is how and who will play the forward position...
Expecting 1250 - 1500 crowd..... 🙏⚽👊

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Klfc v Peterborough sports
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 09:16:01 AM »
Think this is a massive game.    Progressing to the next round is vital for the Club’s finances.    To think a win Saturday could set up a home game with a Sunderland, Ipswich etc.  Is massive.

A big day for both SC and IC
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:37:02 AM »
Would be nice for the club's site to let us buy some tickets too

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 12:28:41 PM »
Think this is a massive game.    Progressing to the next round is vital for the Club’s finances.    To think a win Saturday could set up a home game with a Sunderland, Ipswich etc.  Is massive.

Best option for the club would be an AWAY game with the likes of Sunderland 'cos with gate receipts shared, the income would be much more than a match at the Walks!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
If ever the club need to pull together Saturday is a must..
With the return of gash & fryatt the potential banana skin is on the cards.
But from the keeper, defenders, and particularly the strong midfield contingent I see us
Scraping through by the odd goal. The only concern is how and who will play the forward position...
Expecting 1250 - 1500 crowd..... 🙏⚽👊

Even more limited options for IC this weekend - Walker loan spell has ended and Taylor is cup tied so basically the two who started this Saturday look nailed on certainties.  Might be scope for IC to give Gyasi a chance in place of Rowley who came off limping on Tuesday and the same again on Saturday, much as it is a 'must win' game if Rowley isn't 100% I wouldn't risk him

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 01:41:25 PM »

Best option for the club would be an AWAY game with the likes of Sunderland 'cos with gate receipts shared, the income would be much more than a match at the Walks!

Have to disagree with you on that.   Say Kings Lynn drew Sunderland at The Walks.  100% guarantee of a live Game coverage.  Game at the SOL.  Not a chance of TV being interested in that.   Plus the sponsorship deals would be massive. Etc.   Not sure how many Mackems would turn out to watch Kings Lynn.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »

Have to disagree with you on that.   Say Kings Lynn drew Sunderland at The Walks.  100% guarantee of a live Game coverage.  Game at the SOL.  Not a chance of TV being interested in that.   Plus the sponsorship deals would be massive. Etc.   Not sure how many Mackems would turn out to watch Kings Lynn.

To be fair, your point about the Tv coverage is a fair one. I reckon though there'd still be at least 15,000-20,000 at Sunderland even for little old Lynn!!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 03:38:26 PM »
£21 a head at the Walks.   10,000 at the stadium of light, at what price ?

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 03:43:51 PM »
Do we have permission to play Rowley in the FA Cup?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 03:57:17 PM »
Or McGavin ?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
Or louis

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 10:26:00 PM »
Hopefully Fernandez, Rowley and McGavin all have permission to play. I would like to see all 3 on from the start. Rowley is a workhorse and McGavin is too good to be on the bench, plus he is pretty good at free kicks, re Eastleigh.
Not so sure its a must win game, yes financially it is well worth winning, but the 'must win' games are in the league. We play some really good football, just need to score and we will be ok.
I think the players will be relaxed about it not being a league game and can hopefully get a morale boasting win.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:22 PM »
Hopefully Fernandez, Rowley and McGavin all have permission to play. I would like to see all 3 on from the start. Rowley is a workhorse and McGavin is too good to be on the bench, plus he is pretty good at free kicks, re Eastleigh.
Not so sure its a must win game, yes financially it is well worth winning, but the 'must win' games are in the league. We play some really good football, just need to score and we will be ok.
I think the players will be relaxed about it not being a league game and can hopefully get a morale boasting win.

I heard that IC is very relaxed about it. Hopefully not TOO relaxed though.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

KES80

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 09:47:38 AM »
To my mind, the most important games of the season so far were at home to Wealdstone and Barnet. Given that we failed in both tests due to not taking chances, I see the PS match as vital.....a win will:

A/ Build interest in the town and boost attendance
B/ Hopefully be the start of a little run that will provide the finance for a new striker.

In the past, I personally have had the feeling that IC has been dismissive of Cup matches, preferring to concentrate on the league....... however, there isn't the money for new players without the cup run this time around, so one is essential to support the other.

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
Losing to a step 3 side, especially with ex players involved means more concentration needed not less. It is massive for confidence as well, too take this lightly would be carnage on every level.... And think of the revenue with potentially Sunderland and Co in the next round.....
I would and will expect blood /thunder and fingers crossed a win 🤞

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal