Author Topic: Name and shame  (Read 4422 times)

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: Name and shame
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2021, 06:55:14 PM »
Just another diversionary tactic, the same for the EDP column.  It keeps the hounds off the scent  a little while longer.  :shark:

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »
All depends how much is left in the covid loan jar...

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2021, 07:39:30 PM »

He is an amazing   character.   Just a few days ago he arranges a meeting with the fans to try and curb the growing feeling of unhappiness with so many things that is seemingly going wrong at the club.  To the man’s credit he holds his hands up to say yes there are issues and wants to work to put them right.

Then in EDP he goes on a full frontal attack on a Youth set up in the Town that has been around long before anyone had ever heard of the name Cleeve.

I have to say that I don't really understand what angle he is coming from with the EDP article on Saturday, or more to the point, what he is really hoping to achieve with it.

I'm surprised that the people at the EDP even gave it column space!

Now we see a name and shame on a young supporter
Absolutely disgraceful article in the EDP on saturday of which i have voiced my opinion on saturday evening with the EDP highlighting why the Council have no intention of him hiring out the 3G especially if it has the same outcome as previous. But it is not only KLCF that he tried to unsuccessfully destroy but also a huge part of the child/youth set up in King's Lynn when giving HIS terms for using the West Lynn set up! Thankfully someone could see exactly what he was up to and told him NO.
So basically he has 3 teams playing under his banner whereas he was going to have at least 1 in every age group to be coached by stealing coaches that are already well established in their existing clubs. The word going out tp players and their parents that if you do not sign up for KLTFC academies you will never wear play for KLTFC in later years. Stood a chance there of missing the next Wayne Rooney after wasting a fortune in his early days at the helm of KLTFC bringing in at great expense the man who found Wayne Rooney

PR at the club is really something else.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2021, 08:39:51 PM »

He is an amazing   character.   Just a few days ago he arranges a meeting with the fans to try and curb the growing feeling of unhappiness with so many things that is seemingly going wrong at the club.  To the man’s credit he holds his hands up to say yes there are issues and wants to work to put them right.

Then in EDP he goes on a full frontal attack on a Youth set up in the Town that has been around long before anyone had ever heard of the name Cleeve.

I have to say that I don't really understand what angle he is coming from with the EDP article on Saturday, or more to the point, what he is really hoping to achieve with it.

I'm surprised that the people at the EDP even gave it column space!

Now we see a name and shame on a young supporter
Absolutely disgraceful article in the EDP on saturday of which i have voiced my opinion on saturday evening with the EDP highlighting why the Council have no intention of him hiring out the 3G especially if it has the same outcome as previous. But it is not only KLCF that he tried to unsuccessfully destroy but also a huge part of the child/youth set up in King's Lynn when giving HIS terms for using the West Lynn set up! Thankfully someone could see exactly what he was up to and told him NO.
So basically he has 3 teams playing under his banner whereas he was going to have at least 1 in every age group to be coached by stealing coaches that are already well established in their existing clubs. The word going out tp players and their parents that if you do not sign up for KLTFC academies you will never wear play for KLTFC in later years. Stood a chance there of missing the next Wayne Rooney after wasting a fortune in his early days at the helm of KLTFC bringing in at great expense the man who found Wayne Rooney

PR at the club is really something else.

Mr Cleeve needs to understand that he controls Kings Lynn Football Club, and does not control football in Kings Lynn!
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2021, 09:31:16 PM »
"This week I saw that Everton will be loaned £30m by their council and given a £15m grant towards their new stadium. Many other councils have made similar donations to their clubs recognising their invaluable role in the community"

So that's what its all about. Peppercorn rent not enough.  :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2021, 11:05:28 PM »
"This week I saw that Everton will be loaned £30m by their council and given a £15m grant towards their new stadium. Many other councils have made similar donations to their clubs recognising their invaluable role in the community"

So that's what its all about. Peppercorn rent not enough.  :countingmoney:

Always holding the hand out. Keep giving and they will keep taking.

Three week old news and half a story again, presumably to suit a particular argument. Lots of conditions attached to the loan and grant. You have to say its an investment in the local area and population and all makes sense. Maybe it will help them discover the next Wayne Rooney.    :laughcry:   Its certainly not a case of just chucking the money into a bottomless pit!

Easy enough to find on Google if you are interested and wish to read it.

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »
How petty from such a 'reputable' chairman. I certainly wasn't made of money at 18 and would try the same trick with bus fairs, cinema etc.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2021, 07:49:56 PM »
 Is this the same man who got named, shamed, and banned by Chelsea for pulling a stunt at Old Trafford a few years ago?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2021, 08:46:53 PM »
What stunt was this one ?  Did it involve getting into the Directors lounge ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 03:10:06 PM »
I know nothing about this particular incident.  In general, however, it sounds to me like SC was right to criticise the action, but wrong to name and shame the lad.  Still “in general”, and still not knowing behind the scenes manoeuvrings, in general I believe SC has done the club proud over a very difficult time, I can’t be crawling, because I doubt he knows who Dilly is !  Now we have a chance to make some much needed funds, I think ŵe should stop carping, and be on the same side.  It’s getting harder to keep a competitive team together, especially considering injuries, and dire need of goalscorer(s).  Good luck in the Cup, and obviously we must try to stay in this league…

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2021, 03:19:57 PM »
Now we have a decent Cup draw and a big money spinner coming our way Dilly.  Do you think we should get that striker in from Oxford ? Won’t be cheap but the Walsall game could smooth the path of that one

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 03:38:02 PM »
Dilly, don't you think its normal for it to appear to be one incident after another?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 03:53:17 PM »
Never a dull moment B&G.  Thank heavens we have strong people involved on the playing side in IC and Backie.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »
As the Chairman is very keen on this name and shame policy will he want the name of the person who was involved in the  altercation with our match day Secretary to be made known?

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 06:19:34 AM »
Surely a ban for this mystery person is imminent

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal