Author Topic: Klfc v Peterborough sports  (Read 8349 times)

John H

• View Profile
Re: Klfc v Peterborough sports
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2021, 10:14:48 AM »
Full respect will be given to PS, but they won't have played anyone as good as Lynn at ball possession. Looking forward to seeing our new signing JB. The Lynn players will be fired up and should have enough quality to come out on top.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2021, 02:07:23 PM »
I obviously hope for the best, but frankly fear for the worst.  That lack of a goal scorer is the worry,  and something it sounds like PS don’t lack.  With four recent promotions, I would guess that the answer to the question of “how do they do it” might be they have continually ensured they have the quicker and cleverer attackers than any of their opponents ents thus far.  I do hope KES is right that they may not cope with Gold Omatayo, but I suspect they will, as he hasn’t worried any other teams so far !  Fingers crossed he or someone can find the back of the net.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2021, 06:51:05 PM »
Kings Lynn won 2 -1 well done lads

KES80

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »
A win is a win... let's hope it's a turning point....first win at home, first goal for Gold and an immediate impact from JB.

Exciting now to see who they draw tomorrow.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2021, 07:52:14 PM »
Great win.  Thought it was going to be a struggle and so it proved.   Now for a  no 58 v no 22 being pulled out tomorrow.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2021, 08:14:07 PM »
For those of us of a certain age, getting to the first round proper is still something of a holy grail. Only the 4th time we've done it in my 36 years of supporting and 1 of those was thanks to a Covid bye!

John H

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2021, 09:32:22 PM »
Really pleased for the players, though they were very professional today, did what they needed to do. Gold certainly enjoyed his goal, I thought JB looked good.
I don't know the extent of Rowley's injury, certainly didn't look good, wishing him well and a speedy recovery.
Credit to PS and their fans, good luck to them for the rest of the season.
Is the 1st Round still North and South, if so it would rule out Ipswich. Anyway, we'll done to the team and management for today's performance.  Hopefully a home draw, or Sunderland away.

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2021, 08:46:07 AM »
The fa cup is alive and well, end to end chances, last ditch tackles...
Must highlight the following...clunan....Fernandez...Coleman...McFadden...mcgavin...but above all
Jones in goal...sad news for rowley who without doubt imo true class..speedy recovery..
Then....enter josh Barrett, a Gazza in the making..🤫 showed glimpses of serious potential
With fitness added could be box office...1.05pm. Ball no 58...Pompey or Sunderland please🙏🙏
Well done to all at kings lynn f.c.👏🏻👏🏻

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2021, 10:13:51 AM »
A good cup tie which Peterborough Sports more than played their part in and certainly hard to say there were two steps between the sides, probably won't be next season.

Squad looked very stretched, was Bowry injured or had Cheltenham not cleared him to play in the cup?  No update in the preview on how long Bird and Denton will be out but I don't think we can go to Torquay with Sundire as emergency left wing back.  On the positive front Clunan had another good game and Omotayo (and Linton when he came on) had better games so can hopefully both draw some confidence from yesterday when we return to league action.  Obviously the game was overshadowed by the injury to Joe Rowley who will be a huge loss, Barrett had some nice touches when he came on but I can't see how you can play him and McGavin in the same midfield, Coleman can't do the closing down for all of them. 

Good to get the income from the win but I think IC may be hoping that our 'big game' comes in the next round and he can then get back to trying to secure NL survival with the resources available to him

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »
Thought it said in match report that Bowery was injured in training.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2021, 12:02:12 PM »
Thought it said in match report that Bowery was injured in training.

Thanks, the just read the report on the club site which I couldn't see earlier (cache issues or not posted?), report says Bird and Denton were rested - hell of a rest for them having not played since 11th September and 28th September respectively so would have thought one could have been on the bench if fit.  Also says Bowry should be fit for next week so that will help too.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
What a shame that the after game celebrations were apparently spoilt by an incident involving two senior figures at the Walks.I suppose we could be looking for a new Secretary soon.Tyson Fury eat you heart out. :glum:

Australian reporters,  football secretaries, all there for the taking.   :argue:
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
What a shame that the after game celebrations were apparently spoilt by an incident involving two senior figures at the Walks.I suppose we could be looking for a new Secretary soon.Tyson Fury eat you heart out. :glum:

Australian reporters,  football secretaries, all there for the taking.   :argue:

The mind boggles.

Or does it?   
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2021, 12:50:26 PM »
Was this ‘altercation’ similar to the one involving our erstwhile Chairman and a certain Aussie reporter. With the obvious difference being his opponent this time the chap  on the receiving end was not far short of 80.

Honestly  this Club!
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2021, 07:03:31 PM »
Apparently happened in or near the tunnel in front of some of the players, who had to intervene.

What on earth must they think is going on at this Club?
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal