Author Topic: Covid.  (Read 1170 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Covid.
« on: October 21, 2021, 11:37:09 AM »
Last Saturday while making my usual half time visit to the toilet in the club room, I was about 8th in line, and I was amazed  how many fellow men didn't wash their hands , the water was hot and soap was provided. Its a simple thing and takes less than a minute.
Covid is on the rise at the moment ,so we all need to look after each other. Otherwise we all know which way this is going.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Covid.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 12:27:06 PM »
Last Saturday while making my usual half time visit to the toilet in the club room, I was about 8th in line, and I was amazed  how many fellow men didn't wash their hands , the water was hot and soap was provided. Its a simple thing and takes less than a minute.
Covid is on the rise at the moment ,so we all need to look after each other. Otherwise we all know which way this is going.

Very much so.

I'm amazed at how many people are no longer wearing masks.

Covid is still very much with us.

Still Covid related but on a slightly different theme.

I was surprised to hear on the news that 19% of Premier League players have still not had a single vaccination.

Around 68% have had a first AND second vaccination.

Only 7 Clubs have had more than half of their players vaccinated.

Well, as we all know, Football Clubs and players very often seem to think they are special cases! 

So much for them being Role models!
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
Seems KLTFC are above average for the Premier League with 45% not having had a single dose

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-10-14/why-are-some-footballers-still-worried-about-getting-the-covid-vaccine

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 01:15:47 PM »
What’s really annoying me is there is still 5 million people not had the first injection, what is wrong with these people don’t they realise they are not only putting themselves in danger but everyone else

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 01:27:50 PM »
18,322 deaths in the Anglia region, of which 464 have been in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk.   :glum:

KES80

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 02:50:28 PM »
...and with currently the highest infection rate in the world and Boris and his gang not minded to bring in any restrictions, sadly the numbers will increase significantly

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
Apparently there's a new blog available from Cleeve if anyone's interested.

Not listened to it myself but he's apparently he's joined by the Chesterfield Manager, so maybe there'll be some tips on getting players vaccinated.   :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 04:57:28 PM »
Although the UK's rate is too high, its not the worst in the World, either by infection rates or by deaths.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
Seems KLTFC are above average for the Premier League with 45% not having had a single dose

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-10-14/why-are-some-footballers-still-worried-about-getting-the-covid-vaccine
name and shame them

Hopefully this remark is "tounge in cheek"  :dontknow: Just because someone has not had a voluntary vaccination is no reason to vilify them - it's a personal choice, not a legal requirement. I have had my 2 Jabs and will take the booster.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 05:08:56 PM »
With the infection numbers  rising daily ( over 52,000 today), I do wonder how long it will be before Sporting events are back  behind closed doors. Today’s figures are the highest since mid July and are going to continue to climb.

What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal