Author Topic: Weymuff away  (Read 2761 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Weymuff away
« on: October 28, 2021, 08:01:01 AM »
Is it really too early to be talking about 6 pointers at this stage of the season ?  This is surely a game where we have to look at coming away with something

A defeat could see a minimum of a 5 point gap develop between ourselves and the Team directly above us.   A win would be a massive morale boast for not only the squad but the fans as well.  Just in time for the Walsall Cup tie.

Clean sheet time.  2-0 away win

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Weymuff away
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 09:57:02 AM »
Mallard-Remember the name.... Brandon goodship?  Was prolific for them in the southern premier etc then signed for Southend... He was always a huge threat at the walks, and you guessed it he has returned to Weymouth..... Sadly history says we never do well at there place... A draw if we are lucky🤔

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »
Is it really too early to be talking about 6 pointers at this stage of the season ?  This is surely a game where we have to look at coming away with something

A defeat could see a minimum of a 5 point gap develop between ourselves and the Team directly above us.   A win would be a massive morale boast for not only the squad but the fans as well.  Just in time for the Walsall Cup tie.

Not too early Mall, indeed many have been looking at previous games as 6 pointers or talking about our own 'mini-league' of clubs trying to avoid being in the bottom 3.  I think most would assume Southend with their new management and planning permission for a new ground will get themselves out of danger, so maybe looking at seven clubs including ourselves to face the drop - we won at Maidenhead and drew with Barnet but the home defeat to Wealdstone stands out as a missed opportunity.  Personally I would be happy with a point Saturday as we are hardly brimming with confidence and I think you may be being overly optimistic in thinking we could score twice AND keep a clean sheet.   

Key will be the lineup and formation IC goes with, Bowry was fit to start and with Morias coming on as sub in midweek IC does appear to have more options (I also think Taylor could be back in the frame too).  Will he revert to the front two he wanted to start the season with or has their stock fallen in favour of new faces?  Will he stick with three centre halves in the hope that the wing backs can provide some attacking threat or do we go back to a 4-4-2 and a diamond midfield that worked for the most part in NLN?  Unfortunately most of IC's options seem to have as many downsides as positives at present when shuffling a limited pack but fingers crossed he can come up with something to get a result Saturday.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Supporters, not customers, achieve more together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 01:44:25 PM »

Not too early Mall, indeed many have been looking at previous games as 6 pointers or talking about our own 'mini-league' of clubs trying to avoid being in the bottom 3.  I think most would assume Southend with their new management and planning permission for a new ground will get themselves out of danger, so maybe looking at seven clubs including ourselves to face the drop - we won at Maidenhead and drew with Barnet but the home defeat to Wealdstone stands out as a missed opportunity.  Personally I would be happy with a point Saturday as we are hardly brimming with confidence and I think you may be being overly optimistic in thinking we could score twice AND keep a clean sheet.   

Key will be the lineup and formation IC goes with, Bowry was fit to start and with Morias coming on as sub in midweek IC does appear to have more options (I also think Taylor could be back in the frame too).  Will he revert to the front two he wanted to start the season with or has their stock fallen in favour of new faces?  Will he stick with three centre halves in the hope that the wing backs can provide some attacking threat or do we go back to a 4-4-2 and a diamond midfield that worked for the most part in NLN?  Unfortunately most of IC's options seem to have as many downsides as positives at present when shuffling a limited pack but fingers crossed he can come up with something to get a result Saturday.

Is Taylor still injured?
The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 01:49:25 PM »
With Taylor back in the squad then even more competition up front with 4 strikers to select from

KES80

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 03:37:49 PM »
Personally , I see it as a must win fixture, nothing less than 3 points will do, otherwise we will be cast adrift, needing 2 wins just to bridge the gap.........given that we've managed 2 wins in 12, that's not something we would want.....1-2 Lynn.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2021, 04:10:58 PM »
If not then we are in a battle where it is perm any two from three in with Sarfend and Aldershot

KES80

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2021, 04:28:04 PM »
Yes, exactly and you would thing Senders would have the money to get out of trouble

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2021, 04:54:02 PM »
With Taylor back in the squad then even more competition up front with 4 strikers to select from
They might want to not risk Taylor with Wednesday's Youth Cup game coming up.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

John H

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »
We knew that this league would be a real test. We are playing some good football and once we find a way to score goals which I'm sure we will, we will be fine.
Its very fine margins, we deserved to get something from the Southend, Dagenham, Solihull and Boreham games. We need to be patient, stick together and support IC, SC and the team. This is a fantastic level we are at and we have the makings of a very good team.
Prediction for Weymouth, a 1 - 0 win, Morias to score.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2021, 05:46:01 PM »
Well said J H. A positive post. Rarer than hens teeth. Upwards and onwards.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 08:06:41 AM »
I agree with J H all the team really needs is another Marriot if Taylor is fit his name would be the first on the team sheet imo

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »
I find it remarkable that many seem to be translating what they wish for, in fact what we all wish for, a victory, into a score line prediction of that victory.  It seems like what I call the Daily Express Syndrome, regarding Brexit !  I want KL to win, of course, but I think we will lose.  Sorry, can’t help it !   As for the team, we must surely pick a team that COULD win, but we won’t get the win if we have a team
full of defenders, and ask then to do the attacking.  Weymouth won’t be able to attack, (and probably score), while we are, (so might !) ….. COYL…..

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
I find it remarkable that many seem to be translating what they wish for, in fact what we all wish for, a victory, into a score line prediction of that victory.  It seems like what I call the Daily Express Syndrome, regarding Brexit !  I want KL to win, of course, but I think we will lose.  Sorry, can’t help it !   As for the team, we must surely pick a team that COULD win, but we won’t get the win if we have a team
full of defenders, and ask then to do the attacking.  Weymouth won’t be able to attack, (and probably score), while we are, (so might !) ….. COYL…..

Dilly, I appreciate what you are saying in terms of people hoping without much cause for that hope but for those of us who have been to matches there are positives as well as negatives.  Personally I don't agree with your view that we have a team 'full of defenders', if that was the case you would have hoped for a clean sheet or two in a dozen league games, particularly when the defenders we have this season are a marked improvement on what we had last season.  Unfortunately the recruitment of the more attacking players hasn't been as successful although Davis looked good on debut and maybe away from the Walks the players can play with a bit more freedom as they certainly looked hesitant in the final third on Tuesday.  As I said earlier, I would be happy with a point, mainly because of where our form and confidence is and would avoid Weymouth extending that gap between us.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »
Hi TonyM.  I think you have slightly misunderstood my point. I certainly wouldn’t expect a team full of defenders to keep clean sheets.  My point all along has been that that sort of line-up would see any team under pressure for the vast majority of the 90 minutes, with the strong likelihood that the opponents would score at some time, resigning us to yet another defeat.  It is almost inevitable, in my book.  We must spend more time attacking them than our defence-heavy line-ups allow, because when we are, they’re not attacking us !  But it must be attacking players, midfield and forwards, who do the attacking, to make easier, usually on the ground chances, not defenders hoping for crosse.  IMHO !!!  COYL….

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal