Author Topic: Weymuff away  (Read 4861 times)

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Weymuff away
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2021, 12:24:52 PM »
3-0 Home, Lynn like last year just plugging gaps with regular new signings, and again no time to gel as a unit and no evidence of a settled side/squad since the start of the pandemic. This is with a Manager now struggling at the highest level he has held  that position, like players managers can only go so far. Hopefully I am wrong with the score line ...Good Luck Lynn

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 12:51:01 PM »
Dilly, fair enough and we all have our preference for how we would like to see the game played.  I personally think Lynn (at least under IC) play better when we have good possession stats ie stopping the opposition having the ball but that isn't necessarily 'attacking' as we have proved this season.  I would also say that during the promotion campaigns we moved the ball well to create chances far more than opportunities coming from great individual skill by a player, unfortunately we haven't been able to make that step up since we moved up to the NL where we have looked slow (of thought as much as body) and the movement of our forward players hasn't been good enough to make an impact against much better defenders. 

So, the dilemma for IC is does he abandon his preferred style or can he make mid season adjustments to the squad to find players who can make his system work at NL level?  My choice would be to try and find a couple of new faces (even if on loan) as I am not sure there is an alternative system that would suit much of the existing squad but that does mean we probably need to offload some of those that don't look like they are good fits - Morias, Gyasi and Linton would be high on that list for me but whether that would free up enough budget for suitable addition(s) is another question

KES80

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 02:20:24 PM »
Yes, I agree Tony..... don't think we can make wholesale changes now and the squad is set up to be 3 centre halves  much of the time with a covering defensive midfielder, so only option is to look for someone with a quicker pair of  feet and brain up front. I see Omotayo as improving and being more comfortable in the set up and more of a team player, whereas so far Morias seems explosive in more ways than one but doesn't seem to be gelling with those around him.......maybe more game time will prove me wrong.

I would keep Gyasi, hoping he will develop over the season, but agree with Linton and Morias....unless one of them scores a hat trick today !!

KES80

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 05:03:41 PM »
That surely has to be the signal for massive change. Lynn's forward line is just inadequate for this league and the squad as a whole must be stripped of confidence.

It is clear that with the current squad, the current management can't find a way to win at this level.

I get the impression that the likes of Weymouth and Wealdstone are little better, but they find a way to win the important ones.

Over to SC.....big decisions to make now.........find the money for some forwards and/or change the management ........there is already a mountain to climb and we need some input from people who know how to win at this level, be they players or managers.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 05:12:50 PM »
SC is the man ( on his own) in the hot seat.  Big decisions to be made.  Aldershot win or draw at Barnet tonight and we are in the relegation zone.

IC hasn’t given an interview lately.  Will that change after today.  Will the Chairman stick with the Manager ?  Will the Manager stick by the players he has brought in and system he is playing ?

Walsall at home Saturday.   It’s a big week ahead in more ways than one.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »
One thing's for sure, something needs to change and very quickly......
at the moment the club seems to be sleepwalking towards something very unpleasant

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 05:35:53 PM »
One thing's for sure, something needs to change and very quickly......

I like the style of play, football from one end to the other. The defence are better than last season, keeper is doing very well, midfield are nearly there. They seem to have weight of the game on their shoulders as there is no attacking options. No one running for through balls, no one moving for space. Granted I listened to todays game on the radio ( :worship: :worship: :worship: to all the Lynn fans who travelled today, what a bunch  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :worship: :worship: :worship:) but I only remember hearing Omatayo mentioned once during play. IMHO that’s what needs to change, whether it’s reading the forward line the riot act next week or getting new players in, I don’t care. We must score goals to lift the pressure.
SC has shaken up the catering, burgers and chips were good last game. Hopefully the bar will follow suit. He can change things, fingers crossed IC will be given the thumbs up to add some firepower next week.
COYL  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2021, 05:38:30 PM »
Over to SC.....big decisions to make now.........find the money for some forwards and/or change the management ........there is already a mountain to climb and we need some input from people who know how to win at this level, be they players or managers.

The other option is for him to do nothing. Everyone knows what the situation is with the Squad and up to now SC has not really come up with the goods this season.

I'm sure that at any other Club (rightly or wrongly), the Manager's neck would be on the chopping block. At Lynn it may be different.  :dontknow:

Would Cleeve be afraid of the backlash that would follow a Culverhouse sacking?

He has said before that he had very few people at the Club watching his back. I would think that's now down from very few to either one or none.

So, no friends at the Club to fall back on at a very tough time.
No money to solve the problems, and lets be honest, that's the only thing that will solve it.
Paying supporters in decline.

Surely the last thing he would want at the moment is the problems that sacking a manager would bring.    :dontknow:

Now, if IC was to say he's had enough.................................
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2021, 05:44:17 PM »
Very sadly this season is going EXACTLY like I predicted it would, when so many, both at the club and amongst the fans, were hoping for and expecting a mid table finish, at the worst! Sound like a stuck record but like I said weeks ago now, we aint going to win enough matches to stay up with the very poor, freebie, non league journeymen we have as our uhum, "strike force"!!

As others have said, its NOW time to **** or get off the pot for SC and arguably IC too. The club has got to spend some money on a striker, even if that means PAYING a league club the full wages for just a loan of a good striker (who isnt quite good enough for them right now but whom they don't want to leave).

I know that's far easier said than done BUT unless it happens, then Lynn WILL get relegated and where will that leave those contracted "full time players" next season or indeed the future of the club?!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2021, 05:50:41 PM »
The worry is if Cleeve got rid oglf IC, or indeed if he walked could the Chairman be trusted not to make matters worse with his replacement.    Who will forget Simon Clark’s time at the Club.  Ended up with the Chairman going cap in hand to get IC back.

To me it’s simple.   The Chairman either finds the money to bring in a couple of decent Step one strikers or we slip back to step 2 and all that comes with that.  Including that massive debt he has saddled the Club with.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2021, 05:53:43 PM »
This current squad would struggle! at Step 2 also....if you can't score you are in big trouble.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2021, 06:08:11 PM »
I think the buck has to stop at the door of the manager/director of football.  As far as we are all aware they have had free reign to sign who they wanted.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2021, 06:16:03 PM »
Rightly or wrongly, if we had the team that won the NL, and we almost could with all the changes, I believe that our current team would have lost to them as well.  We’ve spent too long picking teams designed to stymie the opposition, not beat them.  Not that we lack the desire to win, we just don’t have the shape or personnel to do it.  I blame neither IC nor SC for that, because it’s all about money.  No doubt between them they could field a winning team, but our background structure has always been amateur, and that is not an insult to those stalwarts who have worked hard over the years.  I can only offer a description of the problem, not a solution, but neither can the management at the club.  Maybe Walsall can see a change in optimism…

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2021, 06:29:54 PM »
Totally truthfully, carrying on in this manner with no serious forward threat we will just be around Dover 🤔. Didn't quite get 1_0 down and we replace with a defender? 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal