Author Topic: Weymuff away  (Read 2547 times)

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Weymuff away
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 06:33:52 PM »
So are you saying Dilly we canít afford to play at this level ?  If so then why did we borrow a whopping £500k in an attempt to do that very same thing.  Whose door would lay the blame for that one ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2021, 06:46:04 PM »
I think the buck has to stop at the door of the manager/director of football.  As far as we are all aware they have had free reign to sign who they wanted.

Not according to Westlandstars post of yesterday.

According to that post, IC had given SC a list of 5 players he wanted (I guess that meant one or two of the 5), but Cleeve wouldn't go with it.   :dontknow:
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »
Mallard make your mind up which side you are on and stop playing at being Piers Morgan and the devil's advocate rolled into one .

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2021, 06:51:31 PM »
I think that post implied that the players already signed were not good enough who I would assume were signed by IC/RB..

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »
Rightly or wrongly, if we had the team that won the NL, and we almost could with all the changes, I believe that our current team would have lost to them as well.  Weíve spent too long picking teams designed to stymie the opposition, not beat them.  Not that we lack the desire to win, we just donít have the shape or personnel to do it.  I blame neither IC nor SC for that, because itís all about money.  No doubt between them they could field a winning team, but our background structure has always been amateur, and that is not an insult to those stalwarts who have worked hard over the years.  I can only offer a description of the problem, not a solution, but neither can the management at the club.  Maybe Walsall can see a change in optimismÖ

If that season had not ended early and the title had not been decided on a PPG basis, would we have really have won the title? The form we were in when football came to a halt, we would have been lucky to still get a play off position.

Then there was last season non event.

We've been living on borrowed time for a while now.

Yes, the game has always been about money, but that was the model Cleeve brought to the Club. As soon as it stopped being pumped in and there was no more to spend, reality bites. And it bites hard! He wanted to take us to league football. I guess he had a plan in place to fund that, and hopefully it was more than just expecting the gates to increase substantially as the Club climbed the leagues, as that was never going to happen in sufficient amounts.

If he did have a plan (and hopefully he did), and league football is not beckoning at the moment, then why not use the funds that were going to be used for that to save us from relegation this season? Why has the model of spending more than your opposition suddenly changed, without putting something different in place?

As we know, sadly, Clubs that follow this model usually end up finding out the errors of their ways hard way.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2021, 06:59:02 PM »
Mallard make your mind up which side you are on and stop playing at being Piers Morgan and the devil's advocate rolled into one .
   :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2021, 07:15:23 PM »

Sides ?  Who gets first pick ? Things have to be balanced.   SC has done a lot of good for the Club but for balance he has made some right cock ups as well.   IC, fantastic to take a club like us to the top League in Non League football.  This season not so great and I can see why the fans are worried. 

Like you and of course me, we ainít perfect.  We get some things right and also we get things wrong as well.

Letís praise people when they deserve it but also express our disappointment when things go wrong

Fair enough ? 

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »
The club is being run into the ground mate ...loaded with debt from a failed entrepreneur and continually being loaded with debt from a failed entrepreneur.Call a spade a spade I pay my £23 every home game and can see the financial ins and outs column and the outs have it lol.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2021, 08:29:50 PM »
Here you go Happy.  The Chairman has spoken.

Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve

6m
Huge thanks to our travelling support who certainly made themselves heard today - understand some of the frustrations and as fans who spend a lot of money and time following the team it is your right. We are all on the same side and I personally will do what I can to fix things

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2021, 08:41:57 PM »
Wow there must be another 500k up for grabs

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2021, 08:55:51 PM »
Here you go Happy.  The Chairman has spoken.

Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve

6m
Huge thanks to our travelling support who certainly made themselves heard today - understand some of the frustrations and as fans who spend a lot of money and time following the team it is your right. We are all on the same side and I personally will do what I can to fix things

I wonder what they were chanting today.   :dontknow:

If Cleeve is not going to bring in the players that Culverhouse wants, what else is there that he can do to "fix things"? The mind boggles on that one!

Is it true there was an argument on the pitch between the two today? Also heard that words were exchanged between Culverhouse and fans, and Morias and fans.   :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2021, 08:58:59 PM »
Just read a comment elsewhere Junior had argument  with fans.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2021, 09:09:30 PM »
Maybe people need to read between the lines on SCís Twitter post. 

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2021, 10:15:43 PM »
Just read a comment elsewhere Junior had argument  with fans.

I read that too - also agreed with the response that it's a shame Morias didn't show as much effort on the pitch!!

This Walsall game, IMO, has come at the right time as it is a "free hit" (often the words used by IC.)

Nobody really expects us to win against league opposition - yes we hope we will - but the pressure is all on Walsall.

I agree with posts on here stating that at other clubs IC's neck may be on the line after such a poor start, but I think we should stick with him for the forseeable future.
 This may be controversial, but do we need to look at Backie / Bastock??
 Are these the calibre of assistant / director of football we need at this level??

Both are good lads, but could we question their pedigree??

Roll on Saturday (hopefully with IC still in charge)

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2021, 10:41:01 PM »
Can't think for 1 minute that the players signed aren't who the manager wanted. Don't think he would stay if he didn't get his own way. I think his silence after games speaks volumes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal