Author Topic: Under 21s / reserves  (Read 1260 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Under 21s / reserves
« on: October 29, 2021, 01:22:57 PM »
One of the points raised by Westlandallstar in his now deleted post from yesterday concerned the disbanding of the u21s / reserve team and criticism of SC for not wanting to fund them.

Personally I think this has proven to be the right decision in that those who might have been considered the better players in that side (Taylor, Fleming, Gasgoigne, Guimdo-Tsaguim) have been able to play at a higher level than step 6 and Taylor has done enough to come back to join the first team squad.  The under 19s as part of the academy are playing regularly but realistically there are only ever likely to be a couple in any year group who might make it to the first team so the loan model looks better for both the players and club alike.

gs50

• View Profile
Re: Under 21s / reserves
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 02:24:44 PM »
That story appeared  on Gregg Plummers twitter feed yesterday.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »
I do wonder if there is room in Lynn for another separate Club to play at Step 6/5 or even 4 ?

Boston has Utd and Town and many other towns run with two senior Clubs

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Welcome to the Pleasuredome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 02:38:49 PM »
I do wonder if there is room in Lynn for another separate Club to play at Step 6/5 or even 4 ?

I thought we already had that....................they're called Heacham.   
Always do the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 06:23:47 PM »

And absolutely flying at the moment with 3 of yesterdays goals by ex Lynn Players. Also started a 100 club from scratch this week and had 43 applications already.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 06:27:39 PM »

And absolutely flying at the moment with 3 of yesterdays goals by ex Lynn Players. Also started a 100 club from scratch this week and had 43 applications already.
Forgot to mention this is 11 league wins out of 11 with a plus 36GD and goals scored 44!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love goals going in. Ask the Lynn supporters including season ticket holders who were at yesterdays game.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 07:14:52 PM »
Enjoy it Gordon, it is a little short term fun for a village club. Certainly this "blip" in the village football world has little influence or worthwhile mention whilst we discuss the demise of KLTFC. Always nice to hear from you..

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »
Heacham will walk the AC Premier League this season.  Can even see them making a good fist of getting out of the TN Div North the following season.   Big test will come when they come up against the serious payers in the TN Prem.  Will be a great achievement for a village Club.

Is that the extent of their ambition Gordon ?

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »
Enjoy it Gordon, it is a little short term fun for a village club. Certainly this "blip" in the village football world has little influence or worthwhile mention whilst we discuss the demise of KLTFC. Always nice to hear from you..
I and lots of others are enjoying it.  Short term fun How sad a comment. This is there 6th promotion on the trot from NWNL to the summit of the Anglian Comb Premier. Not justifying a worthwhile mention is disgraceful. You do though mention the current demise of KLTFC though. That would of originally happened 6 months into the SC reign, no club sponsor, so who bailed the club out and sponsored the 1st team as well as the Reserves when told that the club could not repay the debt owed to Double G (after only 6 months of the new regime) so the option was full sponsor OR the club would fold. NOT MY WORDS.
Move on to 2021 and we are not involved in any way whatsoever with KLTFC and will not be bailing them out in any way.
So Realist. Best take in the above and then tell me is your name for real!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Welcome to the Pleasuredome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 09:44:20 PM »
You do though mention the current demise of KLTFC though. That would of originally happened 6 months into the SC reign, no club sponsor, so who bailed the club out and sponsored the 1st team as well as the Reserves when told that the club could not repay the debt owed to Double G (after only 6 months of the new regime) so the option was full sponsor OR the club would fold. NOT MY WORDS.

Strange. I seem to remember that was the season the Chairman claimed he  had three offers on the table for the shirt sponsorship, and he just had to decide which one would be the best fit (for the club). Apparently it was all about dynamics!  :dontknow:

:laughcry:
Always do the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Gordon Chilvers

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 08:15:56 PM »
You do though mention the current demise of KLTFC though. That would of originally happened 6 months into the SC reign, no club sponsor, so who bailed the club out and sponsored the 1st team as well as the Reserves when told that the club could not repay the debt owed to Double G (after only 6 months of the new regime) so the option was full sponsor OR the club would fold. NOT MY WORDS.

Strange. I seem to remember that was the season the Chairman claimed he  had three offers on the table for the shirt sponsorship, and he just had to decide which one would be the best fit (for the club). Apparently it was all about dynamics! 

:Dynamics, more like a load of old bull that the long suffering supporters of KLTFC have continuously listened to. If we had not written of the debt at that time and sponsored both the 1st team and the Reserves perhaps we would not be having this discussion! There would possibly be nothing to discuss!
Ever since that period of time can anybody remember 1 single sponsor that has been a regular contributor to the club. By Contributor I mean pounds, shillings and pence!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal