Author Topic: Where now ?  (Read 1875 times)

KES80

Where now ?
« on: October 30, 2021, 07:14:24 PM »
So let's imagine you are The Chairman, what's your next move ?

KES80

Re: Where now ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 07:26:36 PM »
As I started the thread, I will give my view.

If IC was heavily involved in the recruiting of Morias, Omotayo, Linton and Barrett then I would be reluctant to throw more money his way. However, many of the squad joined through IC's influence and if he were to leave it could be problematic. I would be chatting with IC to see if he would be willing for me to bring in a mentor with knowledge of the league and good contacts to assist him in match prep, tactics and sourcing that all important goalscorer

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »
get rid off /loan out
Gold
Sundire
Gyasi
Return Linton
? Barrett signing looks ok but already injured ( we’re in a relegation battle we can’t afford to carry people
Get in who cully wanted  …

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 07:36:43 PM »
As with all Managers you get some signings right and some wrong.  Let’s remember IC/Backie brought in Marriott, Gash, Carey, Norman, Hendo, Blake Tracy.  All success’s.

To bring in another body to help IC  costs money which maybe could be better spent on the playing squad.

As The Owner maybe SC should have a cards on the table meeting with both IC and Backie to determine a way forward to get the club back on track.  This would have include clearing out players where it’s not working and getting players in who could improve the squad.  Leave all the BS outside the room and work together for the greater good. 

I’ve just spoken to Piers and that’s what he suggests  :laughcry:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 07:57:42 PM »
I Would add Junior to that list and probably retain Linton.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 08:15:31 PM »
 I hate moaning about players about ability etc as they wouldn’t be were they are today , but I just don’t see golds heart in it his work ethic is poor  and inconsistent the times I’ve seen him win a ball only then to give it away ,I’ve yet to see him bullying a defender . Gyasi /sundire ability there but at this level I’m unsure , lints , junior plenty of running but to me never look a threat .
Another thing is has going full time paid off ?? I think we’re still a yard slower behind other teams yes we’ve been unfortunate with injuries but I still don’t see what his chosen side would be ! 

KES80

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
get rid off /loan out
Gold
Sundire
Gyasi
Return Linton
? Barrett signing looks ok but already injured ( we’re in a relegation battle we can’t afford to carry people

With the greatest respect Blue, I thought all of the above were players that Cully wanted (?)......I remember him saying he was excited by the prospect of Gold and Junior, Sundire would give us much needed power in the midfield etc etc. I also remember him saying pre season that they needed to get the recruitment right or the consequences would be severe. I feel we need some deep knowledge of what's required at this level in the set up before we bring other players in.

The keeper and defensive signings have been good, but you would expect that from IC, but I would argue we may need someone on board with good knowledge of forward play at NL level. Gashy and IC get on well I believe.......shame we can't tap into Gashy's knowledge in terms of forward development and recruitment.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 08:40:05 PM »
Maybe changes are imminent.  If today’s showdown are anything to go by

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 11:06:12 PM »
get rid off /loan out
Gold
Sundire
Gyasi
Return Linton

With the greatest respect Blue, I thought all of the above were players that Cully wanted (?)......I remember him saying he was excited by the prospect of Gold and Junior, Sundire would give us much needed power in the midfield etc etc. I also remember him saying pre season that they needed to get the recruitment right or the consequences would be severe. I feel we need some deep knowledge of what's required at this level in the set up before we bring other players in.

The keeper and defensive signings have been good, but you would expect that from IC, but I would argue we may need someone on board with good knowledge of forward play at NL level. Gashy and IC get on well I believe.......shame we can't tap into Gashy's knowledge in terms of forward development and recruitment.
That is true now you’ve reminded me
I know he like his big /little up front combo , was gash maz a one off for us under ic ? and now we’ve no plan B as how many times does he stick with gold all game , Yeovil n Wrexham wasn’t that impressed with him , at this moment I can’t see junior/gold /lints getting 10 between them let alone each ! Could we get a goal scoring coach in to help even ?  Keeper Jones has been superb so far and that shows what a difff that make regarding last season .
Thing is how do you get hold of a decent scorer as he’d be playing if he was and then they’ll bump up his price tag if they know how desperate we are for one .

KES80

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 01:23:00 PM »
The recruitment process over the Summer was pretty slow, with a steady enough trickle of defenders, but finding strikers always seemed to be an issue and they didn't arrive till the 11th hour.

Omotayo and Morias are on 2 year contracts, so difficult to see what can be done there.

Barrett (another 2yr deal) and King could be out for some time yet.

On the positive side, Davis the loan signing does seem  a useful addition.

Lynn have set their stall out to play lovely football, but it seems that will only work with a dynamic midfield and reliable forward line. If Lynn can't recruit them, they will have to play in a different way and even if they get one good striker in, they probably will still have to play a bit tighter, if they want to stay up.
It would take a midfield of something like Coleman, and a fully fit King and Barrett, plus a really good NL striker, for Lynn to get to mid table, playing an open style IMO.

Will be very interesting to see which way SC goes over the coming days

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »
I think we have a good striker in Linton but seems to be third choice.10 goals in 13 games
for Lowestoft. Just don't rate the other two.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Welcome to the Pleasuredome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 03:02:32 PM »
When Culverhouse replaced Setch, one of the reasons given was that Culverhouse had more contacts than Setch.

This may be a rather simplistic view of things but with the lack of a proven goal scorer, it seems either that’s not the case, or the Chairman is not providing the Manager with the funds to utilise these contacts.

Money appears to be in short supply at the club, which doesn’t seem to be the case at some of our competitors. So, if the simple answer to the problem is money, how’s the problem going to be resolved at Lynn?
Always do the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »
I keep reading we play “lovely football”, but with no end product.  I feel we would play better football with footballers in midfield as well as workmen and triers.  We are very unlucky to not have King available, although naive to think he would be. The team that had Carey, Kelly, Richards, Henderson, Marriott, Fox, and of course King, etc., was a lot stronger, IMO.  I think we believe too much in systems and shapes.  Players are what counts, and they move all over the place, according to what is needed.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2021, 03:29:04 PM »
Forgot to say, Fernandez coming on for Sundire when we’re losing is an attitude that may have held us back all season.

KES80

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2021, 04:33:06 PM »
Thought he came on for Morias , but maybe wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal