Author Topic: Walsall at home  (Read 8519 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Walsall at home
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2021, 07:58:04 AM »
They need to be found and banning for life especially the one that hit the lady steward

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »
A disappointing crowd when maybe 1,000 more might have been reasonably expected to attend?

Why?

Some.elderly supporters still probably fear being in such close proximity with others over a couple of hours or so but perhaps the risk of getting caught up in hooligan activity at 'big games' is also a factor?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2021, 10:28:54 AM »
A disappointing crowd when maybe 1,000 more might have been reasonably expected to attend?

Why?

Some elderly supporters still probably fear being in such close proximity with others over a couple of hours or so but perhaps the risk of getting caught up in hooligan activity at 'big games' is also a factor?

Fully agree Rod.

My comment from Friday.

Also, although I'm sure that seeing a League team at the Walks is an obvious attraction to many, the bigger crowds and the "hassle factor" that can bring with it also makes it less appealing to others.

I think the gate will be around the 3k though.

If the true figure was only around 2000, as has been suggested, that's a very disappointing figure!   :dontknow:

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
There was 2500 + Saturday definitely

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »
I am a season ticket holder who chose not to attend on Saturday.
Reasons that deterred me( in no other particular order)
Price of the ticket.
The knowledge that the salient action would be on BBC  and watching " Final Score" could follow some of the other matches.
Attempted to buy ticket at the last home fixture but wasn't able to.
The  pre match press conference particularly the contribution from IC.
The fact that many think Covid is over and the use of face coverings in enclosed spaces( e.g. the loos would be non existent).

Some good results on Saturday. Buxton beating York away with Nathan Fox and Theo Richardson in the team.  Also St Albans beating Forest Green.
(4,000 home fans!),lots of families at the game and most importantly
No apparent  inappropriate behaviour.

fenlander

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 12:03:51 PM »
Club Twitter Post

Your Official Attendance for yesterday’s
@EmiratesFACup
 game is 1934 (698
@WFCOfficial

Don't shoot the messenger.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2021, 12:38:24 PM »
https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-kings-lynn-fan-punches-steward-during-fa-cup-tie-against-walsall/?fbclid=IwAR3EIga_FU-5-fYjGEgsfn7LCzv1hDsuUJ4UAdTay-4fABJGXShTDlFCl9M

WTF?   :dontknow:

:banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

We've previously seen and heard about the abuse these Stewards receive, week in and week out.

They do this job for free!

As with most things, I have my doubts that anything is likely to be done about it until it effects finances.

With an even bigger crowd expected next week, if I was the Chief Steward I would seriously consider withdrawing my teams services for the time being. Let the Club get Professionals in.

Are the Stewards consulted by the H & S guy with regards to the segregation of fans? I've not heard one supporters say that they think the segregation is adequate, but numerous ones that say it is woefully inadequate. If the Stewards are not consulted, this needs to be addressed straight away. They are the ones on the front line and are the ones that have to put up with this aggressive behavior. They should know what works and what doesn't.

If the Stewards have previously been consulted, and were happy with what has been put in place, then what was agreed with regards to segregation did not appear to work.

The Stadium needs to be a safe place to visit, for supporters and Staff/Volunteers.

Who wants to go to a football match and get a punch in the face?  :dontknow:

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2021, 01:48:56 PM »
Volunteers shouldn’t be put on the frontline like this. The segregation is inadequate, the neutral area should be widened and staffed by professional security, no disrespect to our stewards, and a couple of 4 legged Police officers with 2 legged as back up. Otherwise the club is heading for a nasty reputation and a points reduction we certainly don’t want

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »
Volunteers shouldn’t be put on the frontline like this. The segregation is inadequate, the neutral area should be widened and staffed by professional security.

Yes, that's the very least that needs doing.

I have to ask what the hell the H & S guy is thinking about allowing Volunteer Stewards into such a dangerous "neutral area" in the first place. Such an obvious flash point!

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2021, 09:08:54 PM »
Just hope to God someone at the club is taking all this on board & working on this before there's more flashbacks this weekend, get a huge fence up that can't be climbed over or something, why is it so hard to sort really!?  :dontknow:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2021, 09:17:11 PM »
Volunteers shouldn’t be put on the frontline like this. The segregation is inadequate, the neutral area should be widened and staffed by professional security.

Yes, that's the very least that needs doing.

I have to ask what the hell the H & S guy is thinking about allowing Volunteer Stewards into such a dangerous "neutral area" in the first place. Such an obvious flash point!

Agree , but we’ve had other teams with bigger followings and no trouble as those morons who attended Saturday was elsewhere , defiantly a big neutral zone needed . Also I heard it isn’t as easy to give ( or is but comes at a cost ) the whole tenny end and half of the other as it’ll need other safety complications and more toilets and food outlets , turnstiles  etc   …. So back to cheaper option widen neutral zone .

Sad as all this does regarding Saturday is get us all tarred with the same brush and can make away days for us intimidating , spoke to a lot of Walsall and was all a good friendly bunch as is 99% of us  :scarf:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2021, 09:25:09 PM »
Just hope to God someone at the club is taking all this on board & working on this before there's more flashbacks this weekend, get a huge fence up that can't be climbed over or something, why is it so hard to sort really!?  :dontknow:
I say widen the zone , away fans already have a poor view
Makes me laugh as they’re all billy big bolx behind a fence and yet can’t jump a 3 ft wall to have a proper go just hope there’s no aggro Saturday not a name to be tarnished with

Insidelinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2021, 09:53:31 PM »
Perhaps you need to ask the said H&S man how much £££ he takes out of the club, I know he personally puts in many hours a week planning for each match and attending SAG meetings to ensure the club can have anyone in. You all come and go for 3 hours a fixture and have your opinions not knowing the full facts of what goes on behind the scenes. The volunteer stewards at kings Lynn are a fantastic team and work extremely hard for the fans and the club itself. It would be great when the day comes that the club can function with them but at the moment that’s not possible due to the qualifications required and covid slowing up the process.
The segregation line initially was going to go floor to ceiling but the SAG put a stop to this as it would affect people’s view and it’s not allowed with the sight line regulations….. daft I know.
Mr Cleeve does take this matter seriously and plans are being looked at to remodel what is currently in situ.
But if you keyboard warriors think you can do it better drop Jamie Farr a line and I’m sure he’ll let you have the reins for a fixture….. which by the way isn’t just 12 till 19:00 on a Saturday

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2021, 10:14:02 PM »
Walsall at home to Swindon in the 2nd Round.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 10:24:58 PM »
Perhaps you need to ask the said H&S man how much £££ he takes out of the club, I know he personally puts in many hours a week planning for each match and attending SAG meetings to ensure the club can have anyone in.

Completely irrelevant to the point being made. Nobody has said that he doesn't work hard at it.

It does not matter if he earns zero or 100k, spends 10 minutes or 10 days on it. If that role is taken on (his choice, nobody forces him to do it), then it's got to be done correctly. Legally and morally. Obviously what was in place was not sufficient or the incident would not have happened.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal