Author Topic: Walsall at home  (Read 8522 times)

kenny r

• View Profile
Re: Walsall at home
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2021, 10:29:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, Insidelinnet but that could have come from the Club months ago.

Why does the Club not engage with the fans on matters like this and get them onside.    :scarf:

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2021, 04:58:36 AM »
Yeah yet again someone at the club not being able to take constructive criticism. I know in my job if I was in charge of doing something & it didn't quite work out I'd come under fire from a lot of people but would accept it as I had ultimately failed at what I'd set out to achieve & be the bigger man & hold my hands up. It was never said (I don't think) that the job must be difficult or questioned anyone's work ethic, however after 9 home games the problem still exists & nothing seems to have changed & from a customer point of view it's a very big worry with such a potential large away following on Saturday expected, that the sane problem might occur again & will subsequently put people off attending. Maybe if the club had said they are looking at ways to put this right it would put people's minds at ease but again we get nothing and we don't see any changes week after week that is why it's being challenged.

There's 22 clubs in this league who must have the same problem I'd be looking at what others do for ideas on how to rectify what could be a very serious problem one day if this weekends events weren't bad enough.

But then we only pay the biggest ticket prices in the league i guess with that though we're not allowed to voice any concerns we have again we're just being keyboard warriors  :coffee:
I was sure this was a "fans discussion forum"  :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2021, 07:07:32 AM »
Surely Jamie Farr can see what everyone else can see.  There were issues with the set up from the York City games of two years ago.

Surely it is up to Jamie to be proactive rather than reactive.  Anyone can see it’s an accident waiting to happen.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2021, 07:46:01 AM »
Crowd trouble is not a new problem for gods sake it's been happening on a large scale across the country since the 70s.The problems at Lynn have been obvious for a long time and should have been sorted 2 years ago as we climbed up the football ladder.

Curlydaisy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2021, 10:04:06 AM »
Surely Jamie Farr can see what everyone else can see.  There were issues with the set up from the York City games of two years ago.

Surely it is up to Jamie to be proactive rather than reactive.  Anyone can see it’s an accident waiting to happen.

I’m sure Jamie Farr can see that there were issues and I believe he even took a couple of hits himself at the weekend. From what’s been posted and how the club seems to work at the minute I would say his hands are somewhat tied… by both the SAG meeting committee and by the chairman.

fenlander

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
Hard to disagree with much of that CurlyDaisy.

If someone gets into the ground on a U16 ticket there is naming and shaming. This incident, once again, has gone without comment on a certain Twitter account. :dontknow:

Curlydaisy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
Hard to disagree with much of that CurlyDaisy.

If someone gets into the ground on a U16 ticket there is naming and shaming. This incident, once again, has gone without comment on a certain Twitter account. :dontknow:

Well no comment from SC is probably a good indication that it’s being taken seriously by police (hopefully anyway). That or he genuinely isn’t worried as it’s not losing him any money.

fenlander

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »
But there's nothing from that area of a general nature, that wouldn't compromise any investigation.

What is planned? A comment as to how it won't be tolerated. Anything.

peter

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2021, 11:27:28 AM »
One of the other major problems is that in the stand it is impossible to understand anything the announcer is saying. It is either his diction or the equipment.
God forbid if there was ever a major problem it could be a real issue

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2021, 12:12:19 PM »

I’m sure Jamie Farr can see that there were issues and I believe he even took a couple of hits himself at the weekend. From what’s been posted and how the club seems to work at the minute I would say his hands are somewhat tied… by both the SAG meeting committee and by the chairman.

Surely in his position if he is being hamstrung by others in his attempts to get things to the required standard then he is compromising himself and his reputation.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »
One of the other major problems is that in the stand it is impossible to understand anything the announcer is saying. It is either his diction or the equipment.
God forbid if there was ever a major problem it could be a real issue
Agreed

Its terrible even at close range

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2021, 01:02:00 PM »
Maybe the mystery 500+ missing from the gate Saturday could buy a new tannoy system 🤔

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2021, 01:28:03 PM »
Maybe the mystery 500+ missing from the gate Saturday could buy a new tannoy system 🤔

Missing 500?  Not sure where you were watching from but 2000 looked a realistic figure - lots in the Walsall area (but not as many as some NL visitors) but it wasn't anywhere near as packed in the main stand as we have seen at 'big' games, even in the second half when it was raining.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2021, 01:49:10 PM »
I was sitting in the stand and 1900...no chance.There was officially just under 700 away .So 1300 in the rest of the ground ??

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2021, 01:57:01 PM »
EFL club turns up for an FA Cup game and it doesn’t attract 2,000 fans.
Food for thought.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal