Author Topic: Topics!  (Read 1423 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Topics!
« on: November 05, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »
I see on other social media platforms people moaning and slagging off what is posted on this forum? there are many outlets for what you want to post and you enjoy the freedom to do so! Just remember you have the freedom to post and read what you like,if your opinion differs then please fell free to challenge the poster? If someone got killed on a train would you never use that train again? :dontknow:

Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

Ap

• View Profile
Re: Topics!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 06:38:39 PM »
If someone got killed on a train would you never use that train again? :dontknow:

Not until they'd disinfected the carriage at least 😁

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 06:51:07 PM »
I see on other social media platforms people moaning and slagging off what is posted on this forum? there are many outlets for what you want to post and you enjoy the freedom to do so! Just remember you have the freedom to post and read what you like,if your opinion differs then please fell free to challenge the poster? If someone got killed on a train would you never use that train again? :dontknow:

As you know Griss, there's a very small number of people (one in particular being the main instigator), that likes to stir things up on other social media platforms. You've been victim of it yourself previously.

If it wasn't this forum they're picking on, it would be something else.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 07:30:22 PM »
Strange that one particular person is glad he is not part of this forum but is quite happy to read it and use comments posted on it.  Hmmmmm
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 09:34:18 PM »
Strange that one particular person is glad he is not part of this forum but is quite happy to read it and use comments posted on it.  Hmmmmm
Name & Shame.  :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 11:57:11 PM »
Name & Shame.  :laughcry:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 11:57:54 PM »
I’m a bit wary of posting on this forum, as I might be the moaner that some are on about !  Regardless, good luck to the team tomorrow.  I can’t be confident of a win, like most others I’m sure.  It’s starting to get quite sad, the way things are at the moment, but football, like life, can change very quickly.  Tomorrow could actually be the catalyst we need, as a win, even if through sheer luck, would help the coffers, and a big draw in the next round could really lift the finances, and provide the opportunity to improve the team.  Then, who knows what ?…..  COYL…….

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2021, 08:28:12 AM »
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 08:48:51 AM »
Thanks for that B & G.  I only hope that IC picks a team that is capable of being up the opponent’s end of the pitch as often as possible.  This means they’re then not at our end !  But it’s no good the ball being up their end (no pun intended), if the players aren’t, so the trick is to get up there in groups, with the ball at their FEET !  It is naive to expect any manager to be the font of all knowledge, at any club, because it really is a simple game.  Gary Neville, for example, is paid for his “ expert” opinions, yet he managed in Spain, where by his own admission he failed, rather badly., admitting he was “out of his depth”.  IC needs to be lucky, as well as brave in his selection.  Well, the EDP did say it’s a game of opinions !!!

KES80

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 11:07:21 AM »
Good article by SC IMO, which gives a good overview and impression of wanting to steady the ship.
Let's hope things run for The Linnets this afternoon and they get the result we all want. COYL !

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 11:17:19 AM »
Yes KES, the 'steady the ship' line does stand out doesn't it but agree with you that it is a good article.  Unfortunately there have been times where SC's 'navigation' has been a bit off and he has ended up steering into storms on a number of occasions and I still think he needs a good first mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal