Author Topic: Wrexham at home 🤔  (Read 7548 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham at home 🤔
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »

I do wonder what happens if year two is still at NL level.  Will Hollywood turn into Woolywood? I would wager they won’t phone, they won’t  text, they won’t email.

Surely that kind of thing wouldn't occur at this level and at professional clubs?  :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »
Email surely has to be the slowest and least impersonal way ?
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2021, 03:35:24 PM »
Email surely has to be the slowest and least impersonal way ?

I think it must have been a typo and it meant to say he spoke on the telephone to IC about it.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »
Will IC be getting another email from SC,  Tonight/in the morning ?

To think SC saddled the club with a £500k debt to achieve this.   A real red or black moment that was.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2021, 05:13:18 PM »
Hopefully Mallard.

KES80

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2021, 05:21:49 PM »
It's all painfully slow this. Everyone can see where this is heading......SC says he will fix it, but at this level things need to be move a lot faster...too much for one person with a lack of NL experience to cover...... Everyone at the club has been learning on the job and trying to get toNL level for some time now.....IMHO, the club desperately needs a few NLsavvy people in its ranks in order to have any hope of survival.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2021, 05:24:54 PM »
The similarities to the recent Norwich situation are obvious..much admired manager who let players go and re-built a new team without large funding. The results are the same, neither has managed the impossible and things need to change. Norwich have taken the plunge, in the hope that different structure may keep their status alive. Lynn are different and for sure, looking at the low attendance today in fair weather conditions, are in an awful place on and off the pitch. If the manager is still in place for the next match, it will indicate that Mr Cleeve has abandoned his dream of taking this little club to the football League and Lynn have found there absolute max in the football world without to much of a crash...Safely drop to the level below or the next one, but still have a club. Hopefully no trouble, it did not seem to be.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »
It's all painfully slow this. Everyone can see where this is heading......SC says he will fix it, but at this level things need to be move a lot faster...too much for one person with a lack of NL experience to cover...... Everyone at the club has been learning on the job and trying to get toNL level for some time now.....IMHO, the club desperately needs a few NLsavvy people in its ranks in order to have any hope of survival.

Sadly Kes, I can't see any hope of survival, on or off the pitch :( It's an utter mess with the almost inevitable "big bang" ending approaching.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »
KES since taking over the Club SC has said many things.  Him fixing it is just another in a long list. 

At some point the penny will firmly drop. 

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2021, 07:10:06 PM »
Time for a change,  relegation  inevitable even this early   , let's take our medication  and move  on 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »
Time for a change,  relegation  inevitable even this early   , let's take our medication  and move  on

The question then is, if relegation IS inevitable, could that also mean the end of the Club?

With only about 700/800 Lynn supporters attending games now, even if they continued to go to games if we were at step 2, we could expect many less away supporters to attend. Presumably the cost of entry would have to come down as well.

How could the Club service its debts with such a decrease in  income?   :dontknow:

Ramifications of relegation could be far more than just playing at a lower level.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »
To pay £500k to get relegated will go down as Gerald Ratner moment  for the Club.   I seem to recall that  IC was 100% in favour of not continuing last  season but SC was the one who wanted to play on. 

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2021, 07:32:50 PM »
Never thought  I would  say this ,but Dover had the right  idea .

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2021, 07:40:53 PM »
To pay £500k to get relegated will go down as Gerald Ratner moment  for the Club.   I seem to recall that  IC was 100% in favour of not continuing last  season but SC was the one who wanted to play on.
I seem to remember they were both on the same page at one time, then Cleeve changed his mind and decide to play on.

In a way, I can understand Cleeve taking the 500k loan. No personal guarantees, its all on the Club, so if theres no Club he's not responsible for the debt. The terms and conditions of the loan are so favourable it must have been very hard to resist.

It's still 500k though, and has got to be paid back even if it is on favourable terms.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »
Is the 500k expenditure traceable and transparent

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal