Author Topic: Wrexham at home 🤔  (Read 7549 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham at home 🤔
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2021, 07:46:46 PM »
Is the 500k expenditure traceable and transparent

I don't think there were too many conditions regarding what the Club could do with it, as long as it was used for the Clubs benefit.
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

happymondays

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2021, 07:49:35 PM »
The clubs benefit absolutely

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2021, 07:57:15 PM »
£500k loan with it secured on assets in the ground which according to the balance sheet are around 290k.  So if the debt is not met they could clear out the ground and still the club would have to find £200k plus
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2021, 08:01:19 PM »
£500k loan with it secured on assets in the ground which according to the balance sheet are around 290k.  So if the debt is not met they could clear out the ground and still the club would have to find £200k plus

Of course. Presumably the other debts are also still there (or has the Chairman reduced his Directors loans), so presumably the amount of debt the club carries must be well in excess of the 500k any way.

Bornandbred

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2021, 07:11:19 AM »
Anger..Frustration ..above all sadness that left me pondering where the hell did this come from..🤔.  The atmosphere at the final whistle was numbing considering an excellent first half. After the break it was complete compitulation with error following error, the most striking thing was culverhouse looks lost and struggling for answers, albeit the injuries keep on coming...but the lack of goal threat is alarming and obviously every team is aware of our horrendous blight....totally agree that if the manager does stay he needs a better foil with NL knowledge 🤔 If not,  moving forward he has to go and another more accomplished manager must be put in place & Quickly to save our season..
“Every dog has his day” is more relevant than ever...⚽️💛💙

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham at home
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
The similarities to the recent Norwich situation are obvious..much admired manager who let players go and re-built a new team without large funding. The results are the same, neither has managed the impossible and things need to change. Norwich have taken the plunge, in the hope that different structure may keep their status alive. Lynn are different and for sure, looking at the low attendance today in fair weather conditions, are in an awful place on and off the pitch. If the manager is still in place for the next match, it will indicate that Mr Cleeve has abandoned his dream of taking this little club to the football League and Lynn have found there absolute max in the football world without to much of a crash...Safely drop to the level below or the next one, but still have a club. Hopefully no trouble, it did not seem to be.
I can’t believe anyone would post something like this.Reckless at the very least.The only reason Cleeve is here is because he wants to take us to league football and you want him to abandon his dream.Its doubtful he would be here without this dream so you must want him gone.Then you want us to be relegated one or two levels which will result in people losing their jobs.Nice! :
I
Apologies Nikki and like you I feel the thought of Job losses etc  very uncomfortable...However I dont think we can escape reality at the moment, regardless of how traumatic it may be...

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
I see that even though two defenders went off injured yesterday IC still didn’t use the only defender he had on the bench.   

Maybe SC has a much higher opinion of the lad than IC does.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

KES80

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2021, 01:24:32 PM »
I know Mall, I personally thought it a bit daft having him on the bench if he wasn't going to be used.

McGavin came on instead, presumably being asked to play a bit out of position and gave a goal away.....

KES80

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2021, 01:27:00 PM »
Really looking forward to the next press conference........ :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2021, 04:37:23 PM »
I know Mall, I personally thought it a bit daft having him on the bench if he wasn't going to be used.

Maybe IC will receive an e-mail saying he's got to be used?

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2021, 05:29:38 PM »
Shades of Chinny!

KES80

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2021, 05:39:59 PM »

Maybe IC will receive an e-mail saying he's got to be used?

My guess he already did, but it went to spam........ he's probably picked it up this morning

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2021, 07:16:03 PM »

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2021, 01:51:29 PM »

McGavin came on instead, presumably being asked to play a bit out of position and gave a goal away.....

To be fair, McGavin came on and played his normal position with Coleman slotting in as the third centre half and made a pretty good fist of it.  Unfortunately a midfield two of Clunan (who was my MotM) and McGavin just wasn't up to the job and having to do Barrett's running too was beyond them.  Whilst lots have been said about the quality of players in this years team, I personally think they are better than last years squad but very few are at a level that they can 'carry' others and unfortunately Barrett is still a long way from match fitness and McGavin is too limited in what he can do to play in a midfield two.

First half was the best we have played at home all season, we moved the ball quicker and both wing backs were more involved than previous games and Omotayo looked more comfortable with Linton beyond him, although that may be clutching at straws with those two.  Unfortunately individual errors were punished and you can see that confidence in the whole squad is (understandably) incredibly fragile but I thought the crowd did all they could to back the lads. 

I have to say that is the most disappointed I have come away from the Walks this season, not so much due to the result but the fact that having more than matched Wrexham (who might just squeeze into the playoffs) for a half that everything that could go wrong did in the second half, with Bird's injury just summing up where our luck is at the moment.  I never thought this season would be about anything other than being one of the better sides in the bottom six but how we get to that point from where we are is anyone's guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal