Author Topic: Incoming  (Read 1920 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
Incoming
« on: November 09, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »

Baris Altintop, 21 year old defender signs from Bury.

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-bring-in-young-defender-9224814/

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 08:36:55 PM »
Let’s hope the Manager or more likely the Chairman has spotted a winner with this lad coming in. 

Think most supporters were hoping for a striker who would change our season.  Not the new lads fault.  Let’s just hope that this players turns out to be a cut above the other players the Chairman gave trials to pre season.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 10:16:01 AM »
Not another defender, surely ?!!!

KES80

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 12:20:15 PM »
If Lynn recall Fleming, they could field Jones, Jones, Denton, Barrows, Fleming, Fernandez, Bowry, Callan- McFadden, Bird, Coleman for extra protection, and Omotayo for extra height when defending set pieces. Pretty solid eleven....what do you reckon Dilly ?

Have the new lad as sub for the first couple of games......could replace Omotayo if we need to tighten things up.

Ps please stop calling me Shirley !

Sam Spade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 01:09:28 PM »
Let’s hope the Manager or more likely the Chairman has spotted a winner with this lad coming in. 

Think most supporters were hoping for a striker who would change our season.  Not the new lads fault.  Let’s just hope that this players turns out to be a cut above the other players the Chairman gave trials to pre season.

Quite agree,  you are probably hinting at, that was not widely realised,  that the Owner took it upon himself to use club resources to visit open trials around the country, with all his football knowledge, to select a dozen or so players. They then had to play in the pre-season preparation games.  The handpicked trialists all proved to be short of the mark, outshone by the few younger King's Lynn Academy players who did get an opportunity to show how they were progressing.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2021, 01:25:10 PM »
Great idea KES.  That takes parking the bus to a whole new level.   

I can sense Dilly composing an essay in reply to you KES.   You just had to do it,  :stir: :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 01:31:05 PM »

I can sense Dilly composing an essay in reply to you KES.   You just had to do it,  :stir: :laughcry:

Mallard, I guess you can see the glaring omission from Kes's line up?   :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 01:37:36 PM »
Are these rumours or fact.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 02:20:03 PM »

Mallard, I guess you can see the glaring omission from Kes's line up?   :dontknow:

Busy shutting down the rollercoaster for the winter.?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »

Quite agree,  you are probably hinting at, that was not widely realised,  that the Owner took it upon himself to use club resources to visit open trials around the country, with all his football knowledge, to select a dozen or so players. They then had to play in the pre-season preparation games.  The handpicked trialists all proved to be short of the mark, outshone by the few younger King's Lynn Academy players who did get an opportunity to show how they were progressing.

That’s it Sam in one.  Say it like it is.  No point letting the grass grow.  Didn’t realise it was as many as 12.  No surprise that IC rejected every one of them.  You would think lessons had been learnt.   Now he is paying money for them.  Let’s hope this lad comes up trumps.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2021, 02:52:33 PM »
How is he paying money for them if they all got rejected.

Sam Spade

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 03:13:44 PM »

That’s it Sam in one.  Say it like it is.  No point letting the grass grow.  Didn’t realise it was as many as 12.  No surprise that IC rejected every one of them.  You would think lessons had been learnt.   Now he is paying money for them.  Let’s hope this lad comes up trumps.

It could be likened to the CEO of a Building Company thinking that he or she is a bricklayer. Going to site, not only to tell the bricklayers how to lay bricks but to actually believe they can takeover laying the bricks.  Then we all stand back and wonder why the house is collapsing.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 03:55:04 PM »

It could be likened to the CEO of a Building Company thinking that he or she is a bricklayer. Going to site, not only to tell the bricklayers how to lay bricks but to actually believe they can takeover laying the bricks.  Then we all stand back and wonder why the house is collapsing.

You know that Building Company as well then!   :laughcry:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal