Author Topic: Time for a change?  (Read 7242 times)

Anton

• View Profile
Time for a change?
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:22:40 PM »
Hi guys,
I don't say a lot on here but as a Linnets fan of over 40 years its time I made another comment. IC has up to now done a fantastic job to get where we are today. However at this moment in time have we reached our goal, No..It's looking pretty bleak at the moment and I can't see anything changing in the next few weeks or months and we haven't got time to stay as we are. Something has got to change. Is IC out of his depth and can't take us any further? The gates tell the story really look at todays numbers. We had more a couple of years ago and in a lower Div..Don't know what else to say, a couple of strikers better defenders or the way we play..Thought guys.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a change?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 05:29:12 PM »
Yes for certain.....The similarities to the recent Norwich situation are obvious..much admired manager who let players go and re-built a new team without large funding. The results are the same, neither has managed the impossible and things need to change. Norwich have taken the plunge, in the hope that different structure may keep their status alive. Lynn are different and for sure, looking at the low attendance today in fair weather conditions, are in an awful place on and off the pitch. If the manager is still in place for the next match, it will indicate that Mr Cleeve has abandoned his dream of taking this little club to the football League and Lynn have found there absolute max in the football world without to much of a crash...Safely drop to the level below or the next one, but still have a club. Hopefully no trouble, it did not seem to be.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 05:32:56 PM »
For me, the problem lies further up the food chain than with the Manager.   

Maybe KL as a NL club just doesn’t work on so many levels.  Certainly not under the current single person ownership.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 05:37:28 PM »
Dear Mallard, The Manager optimistically built this side...he certainly cannot take the flack for the off field stuff , but on the field there is no one else...

Anton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »
Thanks for the reply Mallard. I understand the single person ownership.  However if it was owned by a group of investors, not that they would see a return on there investment (unlikely) How could this be a step forward! Not many football clubs make money so it has to be a challenge to say I've done it. Who would put in £100,000s of money just to say we gor their. Not many. Wish I knew someone who was like the Man city owners.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 05:50:55 PM »
For me, the problem lies further up the food chain than with the Manager.   

Maybe KL as a NL club just doesn’t work on so many levels.  Certainly not under the current single person ownership.

The managers usually take the fall, even if the problems are further up the food chain.

The supporters were madly in love with IC at steps 2 and 3. Not so much at step 1. The question I would ask is if we as supporters have expected too much of IC, probably due to the Chairman's mention of football league.

My belief is that we probably have an excellent step 2 manager, with a good set of step 2 players, and a step 3 Club infrastructure. IF others believe that's anywhere near correct, I don't think we should really be surprised at where we stand at the moment.

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 06:04:49 PM »
It just seems to echo Norwich's situation. Of course I'm not qualified to say so, but I'd suggest a more pragmatic approach. Sit deeper, 442, lump it up to Omatayo and 'Inshallah! ' at this point :coffee:

KES80

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 06:06:14 PM »
Agreed and I think the only way Lynn could hobble around in the bottom half of the NL for a few seasons while things caught up, is if they had amazing contacts further up the pyramid which were as good as or better than their  rivals and its my belief that neither SC nor IC do have......

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 06:07:51 PM »
Yes for certain.....The similarities to the recent Norwich situation are obvious..much admired manager who let players go and re-built a new team without large funding. The results are the same, neither has managed the impossible and things need to change. Norwich have taken the plunge, in the hope that different structure may keep their status alive. Lynn are different and for sure, looking at the low attendance today in fair weather conditions, are in an awful place on and off the pitch. If the manager is still in place for the next match, it will indicate that Mr Cleeve has abandoned his dream of taking this little club to the football League and Lynn have found there absolute max in the football world without to much of a crash...Safely drop to the level below or the next one, but still have a club. Hopefully no trouble, it did not seem to be.

Do you think the Chairman would still have the fight in him to carry on having had to admit his dream of EFL is over and he failed at NL level.   

He has pumped in circa £500k to reach this far plus loaded the Club up with a debt of the same amount.   The fans aren’t backing him and an average season NLN will see no increase ( maybe the opposite).  So will he prepared to prop the club up for the foreseeable future ?

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 06:10:56 PM »

Do you think the Chairman would still have the fight in him to carry on having had to admit his dream of EFL is over and he failed at NL level.   

He has pumped in circa £500k to reach this far plus loaded the Club up with a debt of the same amount.   The fans aren’t backing him and an average season NLN will see no increase ( maybe the opposite).  So will he prepared to prop the club up for the foreseeable future ?
Mallard I think not, so slipping down to where we belong is the best option...some nice cup runs and happy memories like the old days!!!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 06:11:20 PM »
Dear Mallard, The Manager optimistically built this side...he certainly cannot take the flack for the off field stuff , but on the field there is no one else...

Surely the lack of off field activity is reflected on the pitch.  For example only being able to field two subs at Torquay.  It’s obvious that yet again the relationship between the Chairman and the Manager has fallen apart.   In fairness the Chairman seems to struggle with a good few people at the Club in this regard.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 06:17:52 PM »
Yes Mallard not that I totally agree as we only speculate here , but the Chairman will not be moving on quick...so the only thing that can change quickly is the "fall guy" and yes history tells us a manger change often gets 3 points...

Sam Spade

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 06:36:57 PM »

Does anyone really believe that the Manager has been able to build this side without total interference and even hindrance from the Owner?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
Sam as you probably know, IC is hardly unique in that respect at the Club

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »

Does anyone really believe that the Manager has been able to build this side without total interference and even hindrance from the Owner?

Terrace talk tells us that the Chairman had been involved with building the side more than the Manager would like, but I suppose only those who are, or have until recently been, involved with the running of the Club will know the truth.   :dontknow:
I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal