Author Topic: Robbie Savage/ Macclesfield  (Read 455 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Robbie Savage/ Macclesfield
« on: November 14, 2021, 02:42:13 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman"  Now I am really not a Robbie Savage fan, but having watched the documentary he has made about Macclesfield fc, I have to give the man some well deserved credit. If you are able to watch this BBC production, have a watch, so many similarities with KLTFC even down to the crowd trouble. The way these people have gone about reforming an old established football club really was a pleasure to watch, MANY LESSONS COULD BE LEARNT BY KLTFC FROM WATCHING THIS. I donít believe our hierarchy would agree but basically itís run by 1main man and a few other people who are trying to do there best for the loyal supporters the football club has.
Please have a watch, and maybe a new debate could be had on this forum. :farmer: :oldman"

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
Re: Robbie Savage/ Macclesfield
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 02:47:56 PM »
Like spending £4m on the ground and facilities.  Canít imagine Savage has put any cash in.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 03:32:00 PM »
Like spending £4m on the ground and facilities.  Canít imagine Savage has put any cash in.

I never said he put any money in, just time and passion, with a chairman seemingly funding the dream .

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 03:42:14 PM »
Not sure about the idea of the DOF sticking one into the players at the interval when itís the Managers job. Seems like Savage spends his Saturday afternoons with BT Sport and not with Macclesfield

Just looked like a documentary about Savage rather than the rebuilding of a Club.   Bit like the Wrexham scenario with Ryan Reynolds. 

All a bit to scripted for me.  Iím sure people enjoyed it.

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 06:33:32 PM »
Peter Crouch is getting involved at Dulwich Hamlet,  Rio Ferdinand has had involvement through very close association for many years.

Neither have been given the opportunity to turn their celebrity into a media circus. They're both just part of the club.  As every supporter is.  And if someone has something to contribute, they can.

Trust run club. Very level headed.
Make every day a Sun day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal