Author Topic: DoF  (Read 3448 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • It's a right Kerfuffle.
    • View Profile
DoF
« on: November 16, 2021, 08:42:08 PM »
Backie taking a break from the Club.

Story is that he has had a promotion at work and he does not want to compromise his family time.

Always good when family and health come first.

:scarf:

I don't do drugs and I don't drink.
At my age I can get the same effect just by standing up too fast.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: DoF
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 10:09:31 PM »
 :farmer: :oldman" Probably best for both Backie and the club. Family and health must come first, however I do wonder if Robbie has the contact list that the club needs at this time. Many thanks to him for all he has done for KLTFC, but possibly the correct time for a break away from football. :farmer: :oldman"

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »
This is good news for the club but of course it depends on who his replacement is!!

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:35 AM »
History tells us that SC will appoint from within by using someone already at the Club. 

We have seen this numerous times at the Club.  Irrespective of whether they have the capabilities to do the job.
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it’s all about ?

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 08:36:02 AM »
I think a new 'Chief Scout' has been requisitioned who used to be with Boreham Wood?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 09:56:08 AM »
This is good news for the club .......

Why's that?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
With the Chairman liking to get involved in all aspects of the Club l wouldn’t be surprised to see him take that role on as well. 

Just back in the summer he handed picked a good few players ( was it 10?) to come on trial and for IC to run his eye over.  None of the players were taken on.  Now we hear SC was behind the signing of the new lad from Bury for £5k.  That player was sat on the bench ( only 4 subs) but never got on despite 2 defenders being injured and him being the only defender on the bench.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 02:50:45 PM »
With the Chairman liking to get involved in all aspects of the Club l wouldn’t be surprised to see him take that role on as well. 

Just back in the summer he handed picked a good few players ( was it 10?) to come on trial and for IC to run his eye over.  None of the players were taken on.  Now we hear SC was behind the signing of the new lad from Bury for £5k.  That player was sat on the bench ( only 4 subs) but never got on despite 2 defenders being injured and him being the only defender on the bench.

Maybe he could put to good use his Chelsea contacts?!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 03:46:29 PM »

Maybe a good chat next time he's in the Directors Box.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 04:15:30 PM »

Because I don’t believe this will actually turn out to be just “a brief break” and if they do a proper job in replacing him and bring in a more experienced, at this full time level, DOF, then surely it will be someone with more contacts and experience at this level. Back has done so well for us but may well now be out of his comfort and dare I also say, ability zone, at this level (just my personal opinion and I could well be wrong, before the abuse starts!!).
BUT and as I said before, this is only good IF the club actually does the above!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »

Because I don’t believe this will actually turn out to be just “a brief break” and if they do a proper job in replacing him and bring in a more experienced, at this full time level, DOF, then surely it will be someone with more contacts and experience at this level. Back has done so well for us but may well now be out of his comfort and dare I also say, ability zone, at this level (just my personal opinion and I could well be wrong, before the abuse starts!!).
BUT and as I said before, this is only good IF the club actually does the above!!

Thanks for the clarification.   :clap:

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 04:53:53 PM »

Maybe a good chat next time he's in the Directors Box.

You mean until security spot him ?

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 04:57:29 PM »
I can assure those that are questioning Backie’s contacts.  I’m assured by someone in the know that Backie had built up strong connections with many Clubs.   Connections are one thing but if you don’t have the where with all to sign these players then you are working with your hands tied.

Kings Lynn are a Club shopping at Aldi not Waitrose.  Even Tesco might be a step to far.

KES80

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 05:24:31 PM »
Maybe there's a Bundesliga forward going that we can get off the Aldi shelf ? :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 06:19:55 PM »
Maybe there's a Bundesliga forward going that we can get off the Aldi shelf ? :laughcry:

That’s a new one to me. I thought it was Barcelona. :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal