Author Topic: New addition  (Read 1042 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
New addition
« on: November 18, 2021, 05:16:09 PM »
New midfielder into the club https://www.kltown.co.uk/2021/11/18/lynn-sign-former-boro-midfielder/

Looks like a former teammate of Fernandez so hopefully not a complete unknown property.  Appears to have been without a club since the end of last season and a post on Twitter may explain the reason "Great player was league 2 apprentice of the year while here at Boro, was a shame to see him released as he has lots of potential had his issues with injury but if he can stay fit he’ll be some player for you".  That said he looks like he has kept himself in shape so may not need quite as long as Barrett to get up to match sharpness.

Blueboy

• View Profile
Re: New addition
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 05:34:46 PM »
Another kid!!! We need experienced players and not midfielders but strikers.

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
Big question, who was it who signed him, IC or SC ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 06:48:30 PM »
One to develop and hopefully sell on?   :dontknow:
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 07:24:20 PM »
If SC was picking the squad / team and signings..IC would go, he did it before and would do so again..

Mallard

• Trusted User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 08:50:25 PM »
Would he ?   Maybe there is more to it all than you think Realist.  Things ain’t always as black n white as people would like to think.

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 09:22:55 PM »
"This group has a lot of potential, there's a lot of great players here. I'm hoping that I can add that extra bit of energy in midfield.

"I like to get around the pitch, break things up a little and chip in with the odd goal. We've got two tough games coming up, we'll give it our best shot and hopefully we can dig out a win."

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Lies don't end relationships, the truth does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 09:29:05 PM »
"This group has a lot of potential, there's a lot of great players here. I'm hoping that I can add that extra bit of energy in midfield.

"I like to get around the pitch, break things up a little and chip in with the odd goal. We've got two tough games coming up, we'll give it our best shot and hopefully we can dig out a win."

Sounds to me as if he’s been promised that his name will automatically be on the teamsheet for Saturday.
The greater the artist, the greater the doubt.
Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize.

KES80

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 09:32:34 PM »
Just listened to IC's latest interview...a good down to earth one, with IC in good form. It's clear to me that he wants 2 forwards...a goal threat.....he feels they are quite loaded with midfielders, tho hecwas quick to add that the new lad is a good addition !

AXV

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 09:33:00 PM »

Sounds to me as if he’s been promised that his name will automatically be on the teamsheet for Saturday.

Hopefully he's eager and energetic. I get the impression that he's the water carrier type and will maybe free up the other midfielders(?)

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »
Depressing.  There is no such thing as a “Holding” midfielder, and even some pundits are beginning to catch up with that.  We still have no creative midfielders, nor goal scoring forwards.  We’ll soon have the most number of iun-creative midfielders in pro-football, and they’ll all be looking to “work hard, and break things up” !  Sorry - not being controversial, just putting forward an opinion…..

KES80

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »
Another week goes by without any sign of a forward, so alas another null points on the cards for Saturday and then gap to safety will widen still further...... don't think I can bear to see it all unfold yet again......so will ignore the game and just confirm the outcome on Sunday...as you say Dilly, pretty difficult to take....this slow painful demise of our club.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 06:13:58 PM »
Another week goes by without any sign of a forward, so alas another null points on the cards for Saturday and then gap to safety will widen still further...... don't think I can bear to see it all unfold yet again......so will ignore the game and just confirm the outcome on Sunday...as you say Dilly, pretty difficult to take....this slow painful demise of our club.
Depressing.  There is no such thing as a “Holding” midfielder, and even some pundits are beginning to catch up with that.  We still have no creative midfielders, nor goal scoring forwards.  We’ll soon have the most number of iun-creative midfielders in pro-football, and they’ll all be looking to “work hard, and break things up” !  Sorry - not being controversial, just putting forward an opinion…..

Both sad but true posts!......the gap is going to be too big by Xmas for any "strikers" that MAY then come in. We can keep finding "injury ridden" midfielders so it seems, but to get strikers is a lot harder and costs decent MONEY...and I'm not sure that that idea is one some people at the club are too happy about!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal